Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Revelation »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Revelation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Revelation  (Read 275 times)
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

Revelation
« on: Nov 29th, 2002, 6:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am not sure who of you know me and who don't, so a little background might be in order.  I suffer from clusters.  I just finished a four month round with the beast and have been pain free for a little over a month.  This was my first cycle and I truly feel lucky that I am 46 and have gone through life relatively pain free.  This first cycle was an eye opener for me.  How can you go through night after night of such pain and survive.  My husband was a rock for me; leaving me alone while "pacing with pain" and hugging me when I needed it.  I never realized until recently how hard that is to do.    

Right before my first cluster started my husband was diagnosed with HepC and end-stage liver disease.  My husband started the HepC treatments 3 months ago today.  We have been up and down the roller coaster (me with clusters and he with the treatments).  Now that I am pain free I find it so hard to not "hover over" when he takes the chemo-like treatment and finds himself rocking with nausea.  I just want to make it all better for him; but I have come to realize I can't.  I can't do his meds that half kill him; I can't take away his suffering; I can't make him better.  All I can do is love him and stay out of his way when he is not feeling good.  I can however pray that the treatment might work and always be here for him.  Whether it be to fill the water bottle, make sure he does the right amount of pills on time; just give him a hug when he needs it.    

You supporters deserve a pat on the back.  For leaving us cluster heads alone when we need it, and giving us the tender touch when the beast has left.  I never truly understood this while in pain myself; but now, trying to support my husband while pain free.  Well, let's just say, I get it now.  Loud and clear.  

My hat is off to all you people who have to live with someone with a debilitating disease.  And to the strength it takes to stand back when needed, and give the hug when the time is right
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Revelation
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2002, 8:10pm »

You're 100% correct OneEB. Great message.

Thanks for posting it.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2002, 10:02pm »

That was a great post.  

You are a great supporter, both for your husband and us fellow clusterheads and because of that, you are a great person.  

There is a strong sense of admiration for anyone who can stick by a person with this dreaded beast and not run away when things get bad....hope that I can find someone like that one day, soon maybe.  

Sorry, just wanted to say thanks for being there, a supporter to so many and hope that your husband feels better soon, you both deserve the best.

You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Jill
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2002, 12:30pm »

Thanks, Nancy - that was a really nice post.

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2002, 3:24pm »

Truly a nice post...  I'm happy for your remission...good luck with your present battle... not easy this thing we call Life... love ya Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 12:54pm »

Sorry I am late on this post topic....anyhow..if it's any help...my brother inlaw was diagnosed with Hep C a little over a year ago and is thru all the treatments and is actually doing pretty good rite now.....if it's any comfort at all thought I'd mention it......it su[rises me how many people have recently found out they have it......guess it can take yers to effect a person if it does at all..........
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss