Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Supporter from Belgium »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Supporter from Belgium
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Supporter from Belgium  (Read 195 times)
Gert
New Board Newbie

Live life to the fullest!

Email

Supporter from Belgium
« on: Feb 21st, 2003, 3:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to all of you. My name is Gert, I'm Belgian and I'm 28 years old. My dad has been suffering from cluster headaches for about 20 years.

I discovered this website some weeks ago and find it very interesting. There are lots of information and very good and recognizable stories on it.

It all started when I was a boy from about 8 years old. In the beginning my parents didn't know what is was or what to do. They tried almost every hospital in Belgium until a doctor in Maastricht (The Netherlands) told them it was Horton's disease.

I'v experienced it all: screaming in the middle of the night, headbanging on the wall, crying, tears, acting like a little baby. For God's sake, he was (still is) my dad, my idol, my example, my everything, and I wasn't able to help him!

Though this way I would like to get in contact with and talk to other supporters. Please answer, I would very much appreciate it. (and so will my mother, my wife and my little doughter of 1,5 years)

In the meanwhile: hang in there! Wink
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Supporter from Belgium
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2003, 8:37pm »

Sounds like you have reached your destination... You're story rang through me as if it were the first time I witnessed an attack... I am so sorry about your dad.  When I think of the times my kids tried to pretend it wasnt happening... The times I wished it wasnt happening...... not knowing what was happening.  It is the most horrible condition I can think of.  We are all here for you... keep us up to date on his condition... what medications is he on??? etc.  How old is your dad??? We have other supporters that are support for their dads... keep in touch and good luck   Welcome Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: Supporter from Belgium
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2003, 7:09am »

Greetings from New Zealand Gert!
Welcome!
Happy to meet another supporter. There is so much information on this site. Do read archives and use the search. Look into the oxygen therapy!
Let us know if we can help you any time
Your English is VERY good!
Catch you again soon
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss