Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Coping with coping »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Coping with coping
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Coping with coping  (Read 322 times)
Anthem
New Board Newbie

Your Brain works faster than you think!

Email

Coping with coping
« on: Apr 20th, 2003, 1:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Greetings all, this is my first post. My wife (CATLIND) suffers from CH's and I finally got off my rear and decided to post.  

As a supporter, I just wanted to share with others so that we all may learn and share and help each other. In my experience, I have noticed that she can have the tendency to have a CH triggered by stress. That being the case, I try to remove the stressor(s). Sounds simple, but many may overlook this simple thing. Instead of looking for the "miracle medicine" to slay the beast, I try to find where the beast is lurking and take him out first before he can attack. Some times I am successful, other times I am not.  

Helping her cope with stress has been as helpful as helping her cope with the pain. Unfortunately, most of you know that the pain can be stressful! So a vicious cycle develops and a CH hits, the pain causes stress, which in turn feeds the CH, causing more stress, etc.   By trying to remove any “original” stress, I can at least try to stop any CH from starting.

Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Clark
IP Logged

Always remember, you are Unique! --Just like everyone else.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Coping with coping
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:12am »

Sounds like you have it down pretty well Clark...its funny Cat has been supporting all the people here for so long that I forget that she is sufferer instead of a supporter... We could really use a guy around here...Not a lot of husbands of sufferers post here... again welcome... I cant wait to meet you both... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Anthem
New Board Newbie

Your Brain works faster than you think!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22nd, 2003, 8:16pm »

Ree,

I'm glad to be here! I hope I will be able to add to the grand milieu and not take away. It takes quite a lot to get me mad, so I probably won’t flame anyone unless they just completely piss me off . hehe  

Clark
IP Logged

Always remember, you are Unique! --Just like everyone else.
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2003, 1:36am »

Greetings Anthem and Welcome!
Always looking for answers here - or anything that might work.
I think you're on to it with the stress thing too - the ha. seem to occur after stressful times with more intensity and frequency. Sometimes, anyway.
Its good to meet you!
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:21am »

Hi Clark and welcome Smiley  It's about time you posted here!  I know you do a wonderful job of supporting Cat and she mentioned to me that you were going to join our group here.
As to your stress theory:  yes, as supporters, we do sometimes have to perfect the art of walking on eggshells and acting as a buffer for our clusterheads.  It's sure not an easy job all the time is it?  
One thing that all supporters need to know, though, is that we can NOT stop every attack no matter how hard we try.  It's like trying to stop thunder or a sunrise, if you think about it.  When we DO see success in aborting attacks and if, as you say, we've been working hard to prevent outside influencing factors we do feel a small victory.  Just be careful though, Clark, not to let that go to your head, ok?  Because when Cat's attacks do breakthrough, you'll feel so let down and helpless.  That's what leads to supporter burnout and, honey, it ain't pretty.
Keep up the great work Clark!
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23rd, 2003, 1:47pm »

Hi Clark...trying to remove 'stress' is the number one thing here, luckily even the children (all 4 of them) know that when Dad is in cycle that they are to become angels....hmmmm, but as young as two of them are (only 5) they are real treasures and will only play quietly in the playroom and give daddy lots of hugs and kisses to help. As supporters we all know how difficult it is to keep stress to a minimum because as you say it is a viscious circle, but our love is there for them and our stress free efforts too!!!

Look forward to meeting you and cat at the Uk convention if you come.

Cathy  Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

rumplestiltskin

Email

conundrum
« Reply #6 on: May 5th, 2003, 1:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

...and then theres those ever so many of us for whom the opposite is true....that relaxation not stress is when the pain comes.

We are an "almost" husband and wife team of sufferers/supporters...thank Gog neither of us are "stress" triggered....cause livin with either of us is nuts.  

I rarely wander over here...I feel more like a witness than a supporter

It's nice and civilized at this forum....and quiet....and calm....and yikes....I gotta get back to the stress forum....

Good Grief
den
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss