Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tell us something about your SUFFERER »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Tell us something about your SUFFERER
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tell us something about your SUFFERER  (Read 7672 times)
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Tell us something about your SUFFERER
« Reply #75 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 9:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Annie, welcome.

Two things I wanted to say about your post.  You say he's almost 'chronic' but then he gets a few days break.... the definition of chronic is more than 12 months in cycle without anymore than 2 weeks of unmedicated pain freedom.   If he's only been in cycle for a few weeks/months, then he's still episodic.  Hopefully that break he's getting is signalling the end of a cycle?  

Also, you say he feels he's aborting attacks with orange juice then aerobic exercise?  I'd say if he responds to oxygen as an abortive that it's the exercise that's killing the attack and not the juice.  I guess you never know, but it makes more sense to think that getting his blood moving and oxygenated is helping him.  Just my two cents' worth.  I'd sure push to get him a 'script for O2 and not accept that the doctor is making you wait until February.  Print out the oxygen info from the buttons to the left, here, and take it to a doctor (even if you have to go to emergency to do it) and don't leave without a prescription.  Supporters have to have sharp teeth sometimes!!  

Hang in there and.....everyone.....please feel free to start new threads here.  You don't have to limit yourselves to this one post (even though it is an awesome icebreaker, thank you Ree!)
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
anniebrook
New Board Newbie
USA 

Livin' on a prayer

« Reply #76 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 11:49pm »

Margi,

Thank you and everyone for the welcome.
So far it's been 11 months with very few PFDs but he hadn't been getting hit but once or twice a day til recently. That's why I say almost chronic.  I pray he is still eposodic and this will end soon.

Also, I know the exercise helps alot but he tried that without the OJ and his BSL stayed really low and the HA didn't subside until his blood sugar was brought back up. That's why I know it's the combination that is working for him.  Unfortunately tonight he wasn't able to get anything sweet in time and he got hit. Luckily he said it was only  a four or five this time.

Once again, bless us all!
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #77 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 9:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Annie, I am so sorry your husband is having such a time with CH.  Let him know he can have all the support he needs here and they we are happy to support the supporters too.
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #78 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 11:33am »

Well now that Ive been called out..........LMAO here goes.
Dave is my better half and has suffered since 92. Ive been his supporter now for 3 yrs. Its been a roller coaster ride to say the least. Not one I would wish on another living soul. Well yea I would just 1 Kip 10 on a few folks. So they know the true meaning of pure pain!  Wink
The first time I saw Dave get hit with a Kip 10 was when we met in Nashville for the very first time. We met Jayne, Jonny (that I already knew from the HOT lanta convention of 01) and was able to meet Karen, "slick" Willie, and several other Chers. When Dave got hit at Jayne's place he didnt want me anywhere near him. Jayne gave him her O2 mask and got the ice and the Trex. I couldnt understand why at the time he didnt want me to see him, or get any where near him. All I wanted to do was help. I had never felt so damn helpless before in my life. Seeing him dealing with the beast and not being able to help in some way even if it was small was killing me! All I could do was stand back and let it happen. He walked, paced, banged his head and rocked. I wanted so much to take  the pain from him and make it all go away. But I knew I could'nt. Not being able to help made it even harder and made my heart ache in a way I never knew. He was afraid if I saw him like that, that it would scare me and I would leave and never return. Boy was he mistaken!  Tongue I consider my self a pretty tough cookie and handle damn near anything so this was NOT going to scare me off! Dave has the typical left eye swelling and tearing up, runny nose and all that stuff. He's lucky in some ways he never has been woken up in the middle of the night from the beast. OH hell I just jinxed my self here. *knocking on wood* Wink
Dave and I have made many trips to the ER an he's been treated like a "druggie".I've gotten so mad that Ive called nurses all kinds of nice 4 letter words as well as a few docs. Hehehee  Grin While in PA visiting his parents, a trip to the ER was made. *snicker* the nurse got his BP and all that good stuff and sent us to a room. While there Dave was banging is head off the wall. The nurse had the balls to say to him, while he's having a Kip 10 "now thats really going to help". I came unglued! I grabbed her by her coller and told her, "you get a doc in here NOW or I am going to hurt you" Needless to say the doc was there in just a second. Hehehehe  Grin I never told that dumb b*tch that I was sorry either cuz I wasnt!!  
The only real help that Dave has really gotten was from his doc in CT. This doc is AWSOME. Dave also suffers from Meeegraines as Jonny would say LOL. The doc treated both of these "head aches" as 2 seperate beings (as they should be) The doc was of great help in getting Dave the true help he needed.  
Ive watched Dave over the last 3 yrs. bang his head so hard that he had bruises from the head banging. Since we've been together there have been many times that our entire family has been put on hold due to the beast. Its really sad when your loved ones have to suffer from such pain and there is not a damn thing you can do but get the ice, O2, Trex and sit back and watch. You have NO control or "quality" of life cuz the beast says other wise!  
Now thats my story and Im stickin to it, Leesa  Grin

PS: Karen ya dont have to make the 2 mile trip to whip my ass now so there!!  Tongue Tongue
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
KarenT

Email

;;DRe: Tell us something about your SUFFERER
« Reply #79 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 1:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ah geez, Leesa!  

I had forgotten about Dave getting hit at Jayne's. Remember him and William pacing up and down the sidewalk? That was before he finally gave in and tried the O2. Has it really been that long ago?  

Wow, time has really flown. But I can't remember if I was having fun. LOL Grin
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #80 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 3:21pm »

Yep I rem. all that like it was yes.  Yep Will stuck right with him the whole time to keep in "up" so he wouldnt give in! I think they walked for at least a mile that day. Then Dave FINALLY gave in and used the O2 the hard head! Whoda thunk a CHer with a hard head go figure! LMAO Yea Karen its been that long. Geessshhh I feel old!! LMAO  
As for you having fun, NOT due to your cold but we had a good laugh over the bean dip and Piper thats for sure! Rem. that? ROTFLMAO and the look on Will's face was priceless!!!!
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
robbie
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #81 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:11pm »

hi...
my name is robbie. i found this website today. ilive with my father.hehas been feeling ill for about six weeks now. it started with a sinus infection and the onset of a herendous headache and eye pain. he told me that it will make him sit stright up in bed from a dead sleep. he paces the floorholding his eye as if he is tring to boor his fingers into his skull around his right eye. Embarassed the doctors said the sinus presure may have bruised the muscle behind his eye, causeing it force the eyes to look oppisite of each other. but they realy do not know. they have done x-ray's, mri's and bloodwork. every thing seems normal. he has seen his family physician, talked to his heart doctor, and seen an eye doctor. the other day the pain got so bad he had my youger sister take him to the er. there they ran more blood work, normal. one of the doctors there suggested thet he may have "cluster headaches" niether of us knew what they were talking about. so taday i searched the web. and here i am. please if anyone can give me so more insight to this nightmare let me know
thanks  
robbie  Embarassed
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Jan 11th, 2004, 7:24am »

Hi Robbie and welcome,  check your email... and keep reading this site this is the place that you need to be if your dad does have Clusters.  Good luck and God Bless love to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
WSH2CMFRT
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #83 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 12:59pm »

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting to this board.   Undecided
My boyfriend Jack is the one with the CH's.  We've been together for about 3 years and we've been living together for about 1 year.  He's had the headaches well before I met him.  He's 31 years old and I believe they started in his early 20's.  He has episodic CH's.

He's in a cluster right now and it kills me to see him in so much pain.  It's the most helpless feeling in the world knowing I can't do ANYTHING to comfort him.  He's having about 3 or 4 a day and waking up in the middle of the night with them.  It's been over a week without a good night's sleep.

He's on Oxygen therapy.  It seems to ease it for a while but it never really gets rid of it and he's back on the oxygen tank within another hour.  

Is there anything I can do?  Anything at all?  I want to rub his back or something while he's on the oxygen tank but it seems like he doesn't want to be touched when he has a headache.  

I have another question too... can he die from this?  Has anyone ever died from this?  Is there a point where I may have to take him to the ER?  I want to be prepared in case anything should happen and want to know what signs to look for if there is any.... Huh

I appreciate this website and thank anyone who may be able to answer my questions  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2004, 1:02pm by WSH2CMFRT » IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #84 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 1:48pm »

Hi WSH and welcome to the board.
I'm married to a clusterhead.  Yes, it is terrible to feel so helpless but there may be some things you can do for him after the attack is over....like maybe a cold drink.
Talk to him about what he wants or needs.  Communication is very important between a sufferer and supporter.
Is he on any other medications...either abortives or prevents.?
To answer your one question...No, clusters are not terminal......they are the worst pain know to man/woman but they are not terminal and are said to not lead to any other condition.  At least that's what we've been told by different doctors.
As to going to the ER...most clusterheads will tell you that it is a useless trip.  The attacks are usually over before they get the attention needed.  We have never been to the ER....

Good luck and keep us posted.  If we can help just ask.

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
WSH2CMFRT
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #85 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 3:48pm »

Thank you Jack, it feels good to here that.  It amazes me that no one knows exactly what causes it or how to cure it.  Do you know of any medical facilities out there doing extensive research on this?  If so, do they publish updates somewhere I can read them?
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 21st, 2004, 6:48pm »

WSH,
Dr. Peter Goadsby of the UK is the leading researcher on CH.  You should be able to find articles on his research by doing a search on Google.  He has also published a book.
Also...have you been to the OUCH site (button on the left)?  There is a library there.

Jackie Cool

IP Logged
WSH2CMFRT
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #87 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 8:36am »

Jackie,

Thank you very much for the info.  I'll check it out!  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
lindafus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 1:57pm »

[/b][color=Maroon][/color][b][i][/i]Wow where do I begin? Well here goes this is my story with my husband David. We will be married for five years in April of this year.  When I first met David I knew nothing of these headaches until we moved in with one another. I still can recall the first headache he got, I saw this man of my dreams laying there in a fetal postion almost in tears telling me his head is hurting. I saw veins popping out on his left side of his head I was so shocked actualy it scared me. I have been a Counselor for over 13 years, and at the time he was under alot of stress so of course my couseling kicked in and I felt it may be due to stress (wow was I unaware), so I attempted to make his life a little stress free.  Then the next one happen and the next and then, well you get the point. I felt useless I couldn't help this man that I loved. Then finally relief he went for 6  months without one.  Then the "devil" came back to our home. David and I would argue so much he was getting to be hateful with me, destroying things, and at times he would speak of suicide.  Here I was a Counselor trying to treat him (I know, I know big mistake) but I was willing to try anything at this point. Dave would go out drinking to ease the pain, leaveing me at home alone for 8-10 hrs at a time only to come home drunk and soon afterwards the "devil" was there as well. Well finally he stopped the madness of drinking and I was so proud. The headaches started getting to where they came daily, then within hours of one another. It got so insane I couldn't help, what could I do? I loved on him gave hot rags for his head I felt to blame. I would watch him lay in the cold floor rocking himself, beating his head on things, saying he wished he was dead over and over.  Then about 8 months ago I got depressed I blamed me for not being able to come up with an answer, I couldn'at stand seeing him in pain, I became cold towards him and became very very fustrated when his "devil" came it was every few hours.  Sad On January 2, 2004 David move out and I moved in with my daughter. I find myself more miserable without him than with him. I miss him. We are talking now that the anger has died down and we both are hopeing to work through this nightmare. David found this site and he is positive about it. This is the reason I am here now.  Well, this is my story and I am here for anyone that needs the support.
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #89 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 6:31pm »

Hi Lindafus....Welcome to the site.

I'm married to a clusterhead.  He's been chronic for 10 or 11 years (we've lost track of the wheres and whens)

As you have seen and experienced, CH not only effects one physically but mentally too.....both the sufferer and the supporter.  The suffer feels many emotions...depression, guilt, anger, etc.  The supporters feels helplessness, despair. inadequacy, etc.  

I have found that over the years all these things are more manageable.  As you both learn more about the affliction the more you will understand all that is involved...then perhaps you can both deal a bit better.  It's tough and takes hard work on both your parts.  It's very important to understand that it's no ones fault.

Now a few questions.....has David been to see a good doctor or neuro who knows about clusters?  Is he on any prevent. meds.  Does he have abortive meds.?  Does he now understand that alcohol is a huge trigger for most sufferers?

As pitiful and horrid as CH is there are things that can be done to make life better.  My advice is to study everything you can...here and on the OUCH site.  Encourage David to do the same.  Understanding and educating yourself is key to dealing with this.  Maybe you all can communicate better as you learn more.  This site is full of people who will help you both.

Good luck....I'm hoping things work for you all.

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
lindafus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #90 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 11:44pm »

Jackie  

Thanks hun for the support, to answer your questions I just recently asked Dave to go to the neuro Dr. He has to do alot of his medical through the VA which they are not willing to help too much because of the cost. We did however Finally got them to start him on Imitrex (which he has obtained Imitrex from private Dr's. Dave has had these most of his life.
IP Logged
helpless23
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #91 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:13am »

Thank GOD I found you guys! The supporters!!!!!

Hi, my name is Toni and I have been with my CH guy for only almost 5 years now.  
My sweetheart started having them since he was 20 years old - so I'm not sure whether he's chronic or episodic - I'm not familiar with all the terms.

He too was diagnosed with Sinus Infections, Migraine Headaches, TMJ - even had ALL his top teeth pulled out to try and stop the pain. Cortisone injections in his face. The poor dear has been through the mill and back, just like all of your Significant others have.

He started drinking and that seemed to take the CH's away for a couple of days. Needless to say, a couple of beers went to a couple of quarts of Vodka and he became an alcoholic. He also was in a very bad marriage at the time (we thought it was his ex wife for the longest time!).  He went to AA, stopped drinking, 3 weeks after he stopped, the headaches went away and wouldn't rear it's ugly head again for 7 years.

November of 2003, they started coming back. He never told me until they started becoming daily at the end of December 2003.  He's had them everyday since then.

Found a neuro who actually KNEW of the term CH and prescribed an MRI and Frova at first. She said before she put him on any serious meds for treatment, she wanted to rule out anything serious.  MRI came back normal (thank God), Frova ran out, went to get a refill and the Ins. Co. wouldn't do it.  (Check my post under the meds section)  I called the Dr. with NO patience left.  When the frova ran out, he started getting them 3-5 times a day, anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time. Literally, no sleep at all.  Like I said, I called the Dr., left her 3 messages, she never returned my phone calls. When she finally called, I exploded and told her that she HAS TO HELP HIM NOW!  She immediately got him in the office on a Friday and gave him a 7 day Prednisone pack, a TON of free samples of Frova and Indomethacin. He started it on 2.6.03 and was pain free up until last night.  

We weren't sure what was working, but now we know.  It's the Prednisone.  He had to take his first does of the Imitrex Spray last night and it took way too long to work.

I try to tell my family about his headaches, but they are from the old school days and really don't understand the seriousness of what he goes through, so that really leaves no one to talk to.  Not only about his horrible pain, but that I can't even do anything about it when it hits.

Dr. will NOT prescribe O2 for him because we have 4 children, 3 small, one teenager and just refuses to do it.  Her ignorance came out and said "When you get a CH - go to the ER to get Oxygen". I told her "Whats the point Dr.  By the time he goes to the ER and waits for God knows how long, the headache will be gone."  So I'm at a point now, that I don't know what to do.

He has one more pill left of the Prednisone and a HUGE bottle of Indomethacin with some of the Imitrex Spray.

The way it hits - is unbelieveable to me.  The smile just shuts right off of his face and he gets red and you can tell that he's going through something that you really can never fully understand unless you've gone through it yourself.  

You all know what I mean.

In any case, I'm doing my best, as I know you all are, and it's great that this place exists for the sufferers and the supporters.  It gets so hard sometimes to watch the person you love suffer while you just sit back feeling helpless - hence my screen name.

Thanks for sharing all of your stories and thanks for making the post about it. I want to learn all I can from this board.

Much love,
Toni
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #92 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:26pm »

Hi Toni...
Welcome to the supporters board.

You, Sweetie, sound like a wonderful supporter.

Just one thing......don't forget to take a bit of time for yourself when you can.  Margi's 'bubble bath' works.. Smiley

I don't understand the reasoning behind no 02 for your hubby...she think the kids are gonna huff it... Roll Eyes
She really needs to rethink this as 02 is the #l abortive for CH.  

I'm sure you're reading all the information here and on OUCH.  Education is power.

Keep us posted and let us know if we can help...

Love & Hugs,
Jacks Cool
IP Logged
krock23
New Board Newbie
USA 

krock23

« Reply #93 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:15pm »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 5:26pm, Jackie wrote:
Hi Toni...
Welcome to the supporters board.

You, Sweetie, sound like a wonderful supporter.

Just one thing......don't forget to take a bit of time for yourself when you can.  Margi's 'bubble bath' works.. Smiley

I don't understand the reasoning behind no 02 for your hubby...she think the kids are gonna huff it... Roll Eyes
She really needs to rethink this as 02 is the #l abortive for CH.  

I'm sure you're reading all the information here and on OUCH.  Education is power.

Keep us posted and let us know if we can help...

Love & Hugs,
Jacks Cool

Hi Jackie,

I'm posting under my husbands screen name because my 14 year old son has found EBAY and it is in use. Smiley

About the time for myself...I have sooo much, and he has taken such great care of me through everything I have gone through, it's my time to give back ya know?

As I said, I don't feel like I'm giving anything back because there's nothing I can do to stop the beast, but  
I am here for him (supporter).  Smiley

Ken has taken such great care of me.  

Besides I have all day alone to do all that great stuff! I can dedicate myself to him when he needs me.

As for the O2, Dr. called today and told him that she's not going to put him on a long term Prednisone LIKE SHE SAID she would, and she is afraid that the O2 will explode with the kids in the house. She insists that he go to the ER when he has an attack. I've already told her that it was pointless because by the time we get there and get some O2 (or even seen for that matter), the CH will be gone. She's stupid and FIRED as of tomorrow! I will do the deed and find someone else who KNOWS how to treat him instead of making him her guiney pig so SHE can learn what we already know thanks to you guys and this board!  Wish me luck ! With any luck, I'll be back on MY screen name tomorrow when my son is at school!  Smiley

I love him so much!
(mind you, this is Toni on Ken's name!  Smiley)

I love it here though.
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Much love,
Toni
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #94 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 2:09am »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 7:15pm, krock23 wrote:

About the time for myself...I have sooo much, and he has taken such great care of me through everything I have gone through, it's my time to give back ya know?

As I said, I don't feel like I'm giving anything back because there's nothing I can do to stop the beast, but  
I am here for him (supporter).  Smiley

Toni,

What you are feeling is normal.  

And......you're right.  There is nothing you can do to stop the beast.

The support comes naturally.....out of love.  That is what you are giving back.  The support is as important as the right medications.  There are many sufferers here on this board who have noone in their life to support them.  They have us......but I am sure it is not the same as having a wife or husband to support them.

I am a sufferer/supporter.  I have seen CH from both sides.  When I was in a cycle, this board came to my rescue.  I have been pf close to 4 months, now.  However, I have been with other sufferers when they got "hit".  It is a heart wrenching experience.  I felt somewhat guilty because I am pf......and yet, people I have come to love and care for were getting hit.

The way I deal with that is to give all the support I can.  These people know that I love them and they know that I care.   They need the support and understanding, but they don't ask for it very often.  Most of them will continue suffering......continue posting....and continue to support others they feel have it worse than themselves.  

You are doing exactly what is needed.  You are there, and giving support to someone you love, who is in pain.
Don't ever sell yourself short.  I know you can't see it...but the support you give is worth more than anything you can ever imagine.

Sending you and Ken lots of love and tons of pf vibes !

If you ever need anything.........we're here.

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #95 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 10:42am »

Lovely post, Jean.  Smiley

I sure didn't mean to offend you by my comment on another post about only those that live with clusterheads truly understand what it means to be a supporter.  I was more talking about the whole sh'bang of living the daily complications that this condition brings to a relationship.  It's not just the attacks that a supporter has to helplessly endure, it's all the other stuff too.  

I think probably only other clusterheads can give each other absolute and Been There Done That support.  That's where the non-afflicted supporters stumble because we've never felt that pain and have to rely on our sufferers to guide us through it all.  And there are times when the sufferers don't have the capacity to guide.  It's a tough row to hoe, that's for sure.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't hurt your feelings by what I said, Jean - it's a tough thing to describe, the supporters' dilemma.  It's deep and wide.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #96 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 11:34am »

Margi,

No, you have never hurt my feelings.

Guess if you posted something that you thought offended me.......I must have missed it.  LOL

I guess I get absorbed in the original post......and am not always aware of things said in the responses.

CH suffering and supporting is very deep and wide.  I hate to think of myself being lucky to have experienced both sides.........but I will say that experiencing both sides has made a major impact on my life.  

CH breaks my heart.......but this site and the folks that contribute to it, make it so much better.  And the opportunity to meet and love another sufferer or supporter............well that's just icing on the cake.

Thank you for all that you do.  It does make a difference.

Hats off to you great supporters,

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

bird_at_the_back
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #97 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 11:35pm »

Hi I am new on here just found this post, haven't yet read it all but here's my story.

I met Pete 14 yrs ago and shortly after we went out for the day at around lunch time he tells me he's got a headache but not that it's a cluster attack... He tells me that about a week later.  So we go home and I think nothing of it, Iget a bit miffed when I don't see him or hear from him.  So he tells me but I don't understand it.  Anyway his bout ends and things get back to normal, till the next yr when it happens again, this time he allows me to see the full horror.  Little did I know that this was nothing compared to pure hell he goes through these days.  I discovered the OUCH site about 5yrs ago but never joined then just read topics and tried to get info for him.  I kept pushing him to get O2 prescribed, eventually he mentioned it to his GP.  His CH was diagnosed by his previous (well informed) GP 16yrs ago but the new one was not prepared to accept this and refered him to a neurologist who diagnosed it for a second time.  After several unsuccessful attempts to get O2 properly scripted he is finally going to get it later today.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #98 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 3:17pm »

Hi NYRenee,
Welcome to the board.

CH, unfortunately, alters a person's life, lifestyle, attitude, and overall personality.

Depression and anger are common.  Misdiagnosis is also a given for most CH sufferers.  Stress comes from the excruciating pain, and the things I listed above.

The most important thing is a possible correct diagnosis.

There is a cluster quiz located in the links on the left.  If William does not come to this site, then you could possibly check out those links and get some idea as to if his symptoms are related.  We are not doctors...but with many years of combined symptoms and shared information, one could possibly get some idea if he indeed suffers from clusters.

You also need to understand that migraines and clusters are 2 very different things.  Migraines, while painful, are very unlike the feeling of a CH.  CH has been referred to as "suicide" headaches for years.  

Education is the key to understanding CH.  Hence, the purpose of this web site.

Arm yourself with information found here.  Print out what you think is pertinent for a correct diagnosis for William.  Go with him (when you can) to the doc, and ask him/her to consider whatever meds William may need to get some relief.

As far as doing the things you used to do, socially, more than likely, is not gonna happen till a correct diagnosis and proper meds are given.

It takes alot of love...........and patience and understanding to cope with CH.

I sincerely hope that William can get the proper help he needs.  Understand that Williams story ......and yours has been told hundred's of times on this board.  Don't feel like you are all alone in this.  This web site and this board has been a virtual lifesaver for many of us.  It gives all of us a place to come and say what we need to.  The support here is phenomenal.

Pray for patience.....and understanding and most of all, a proper diagnosis for the man you love.  If you give up, then he will.  

You sound as though you are sincere in your feelings and frustrations.  The best support a sufferer can receive is support given out of love.

We are always here.....and always willing to help if we can.  

Please stay in touch.....let us know how things are going for both of you.

My prayers go out to you, Renee......and pf vibes for William.   Let us know if we can help.

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

cowboy72567
New Board Newbie
USA 

cowboy72555@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #99 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 2:42am »

my husband is too young to die. i can't understand the pain or the things he says during an attack.  we live in a very rural area in arkansas and the doctors aren't even trying anymore. so am i suppose to give up as well? he about has.  the attacks no longer come in spells of every 2-3 months it's every week for three days straight. usually on wednesday at around 8 p.m. and continous until friday until around 9 a.m.   where is there any relief??  why us??? whyy myy kids???    

i don't mean to whine everyone here knows how i feel. but how do i deal with it all?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss