Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 5:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « mothers and others... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   mothers and others...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: mothers and others...  (Read 208 times)
bean
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

mothers and others...
« on: Dec 13th, 2003, 10:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, I looked for and found this site for basically one reason, and havent got around to it till now. I used to have headaches that I think were clusters.  

I just wanted to post this so you might have something you can actually do, instead of just worry yourself sick. Kid waking up in the middle of the night, you know the rest...

The following is what I consider to be a pretty complete list of foods that are commonly called triggers, but I prefer the term "promoter". I could eat and drink everything on it, and when my headaches came, they CAME, you know?

But when I quit cutting out the following, one by one and bit by bit, my headaches started coming less common, and with less severity when they did come. Till the point where I'm still not positive the last one I had even WAS one, it was just so small... But im kinda sure it was, its just so unbelievable.Anyway, the list.

1. Soy sauce--(miso, tamari, shoyu, fish sauce, etc.)  

2. MSG-- monosodium glutamate--the only other name I have seen it listed under is L-glutamic acid one time on a pizza.  

3.tobacco- this even includes smokey rooms and bars, clubs, etc.  

4.chocolate-    

5.coffee-  

6.soda pop with caffiene and/or brown coloring, just to be safe- only orange soda and sprite and the like- YUM!  

7.alcohol-  

8.tea-  

9. sharp cheddar cheese, gorgonzola, bleu, etc. --the gorg and bleu can be eaten every once in a while, and parmigon is just to prevalent and not even the real stuff to worry about.  

10.stress--!  

and pickles and saurkraut, just to be as complete as possible  

chocolate might be the hardest for sheer taste, and MSG for sheer prevalence, this stuff is EVERYWHERE,  but it has been one of the most worthwhile things I have ever done. From sheer madness every headache, to VERY manageable (so far, cross fingers).  

I want to yell it from the rooftops, I SWEAR TO GOD THIS REALLY WORKS!  

Just try it, what do you have to lose?

NOTE ON MSG: this stuff really is everywhere, in just about anything that is flavored. You just have to get used to the brands that dont have it, even if they sometimes do. Some fishsticks, not others; some soups, not others; some frozen dinners, some salad dressings, pretty much ALL flavored potato chips, if you want to be serious about it, you pretty much have to read the label on EVERYTHING. Its taken me years and years to get proficient at it, and I STILL read the list on just about anything new I eat.

Also, you might not have to come down seeming like a hardcase or a heavy. Simply tell your kid he or she can eat this or that, but that it MIGHT give them a headache. Seems kind of cruel, but your kid might surprise you. Just keep plenty of PB cookies and vanilla ice cream around Wink.

Hasta manana; bean.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss