Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 5:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Doctors in NY »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Doctors in NY
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Doctors in NY  (Read 258 times)
popcorn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Doctors in NY
« on: Dec 28th, 2003, 5:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huh Hi- My name is Kim and I am new to this board but not to cluster headaches.  My husband experienced a sever head trauma 2 years ago at work.  Needless to say the days he can not function at work and his medical visits are covered by worker's comp.  Therefore, we are limited to going to Doctors who except worker's comp.  We live in NY and in two years we have yet to find a decent nurologist who accepts worker's comp.  

My husband suffers incredibly.  No medicine works as of yet, he can not drive at night anymore, is having difficulties driving during the day, has recently been hospitalized....yada, yada, yada.

Might anyone out there possibly know of a or a few good nurologists in the NY area?  Primarily Westchester or NYC.

Thanks as I am running out of contact ideas.

Kim
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: Doctors in NY
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 5:55pm »

Hi Kim,
There is a list of doctors (by state) on the OUCH site (yellow button on the left).

Has your husband been diagnoised as having cluster headaches?

Good luck,
Jacks
IP Logged
popcorn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 6:39pm »

EmbarassedHi Jacks,

Thank you for your reply...so quickly!  Yes my husband was diagnosed 2 years ago with cluster headaches and suffers just about every minute of every day with them.  It has taken a toll on our quality of life.  Unfortunately he is not able to take the bull by the horns and do anything about it as the headaches literally devastate him every day and constantly.

What has me desparately seeking to find a new doctor is the last response we received from the doctor.  The doctor told my husband that "lots of people go to work every day with migranes".  My husband was a very active man and would like nothing more than to go to work (which he 90% of the time does) but with out the excruciating (sp?) headaches.

Thanks for your response.

Kim Embarassed
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 6:51pm »

Kim,
Can you tell us more about your husband....you say he suffers constantly.  What medications have you all tried?
Has your husband taken the cluster quiz (....another button on the left)?  Has your husband tried oxygen therapy?

There is a wealth of information on the site (buttons on the left).  Read and study as much as you can.....knowledge is power.  

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss