Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 12:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Helpless 2 Watch.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Helpless 2 Watch....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Helpless 2 Watch....  (Read 326 times)
Helpless
New Board Newbie
USA 

Many painfree days and nights to you all.....

Email

Helpless 2 Watch....
« on: Mar 22nd, 2004, 9:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just wanted to say that I am new here and my boyfriend is a CH sufferer.... The first night we met he was breathing his O2... I had no idea what was wronge with him... When I found out what was wronge with him I started to read up on it as soon as I could... Later I found out that he is chronic and he suffers mant times a day  everyday.....He is the sweetest person I have ever had in my life and I am very lucky to have him....  I hurt deep inside everytime I know he does and pray that I can make it all go away... I know that I cant  and that there is nothing that I can do but to support him and be there for him when he needs me... I am not saying that it is a burden, it's far from it... But for all of you that have been supporting your CH suffers for longer than I have I have a great respect for you... It takes alot to stand by and know that you have to watch the person that you care about suffer in such a way.... I pray that the day will come when hes beyond all this pain and suffering... But even if that day never comes I will be right by his side hurting in my own little way and wishing to take this pain away from him forever....
IP Logged
Jumjum15
New Board Newbie
USA 

"And I awoke, to see him bouncing 'round the room"

jumjum15
Email

Re: Helpless 2 Watch....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2004, 10:23pm »

One of the things I do is to try to look at every day as a new day, and my husband does too. He is the biggest trooper I know. The best thing I can do for him is to let him sleep when he can. He doesn't have regular work schedule and travels a lot, so luckily there are days when he doesn't have to get out of bed, and I let him stay as long as possible. He doesn't let it get him down, and that helps me stay positive, too. I just wish there was more I cold do. It's so frustrating when there's NOTHING you can do.
It's also nice to know you're not alone.
-Ella
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 6:41pm »

Hi Helpless and welcome to the site.

Yes, it is hard to watch your loved one suffer.....it's heartbreaking and a special kind of torture all it's own.

Talk about it when your sweetie isn't under attack...ask what you can do for him.  There may be nothing he wants you to do.....some want complete solitude but some don't.  Perhaps you could have something ready for him when the attack is over....a cold drink or a cool cloth...anything to help.

Read and study this site and OUCH (button on the left).  There is a wealth of information.  Knowledge is power when fighting the beast.  

You and jumjum sound like good supporters....we're proud of you both.

Good luck....remember we're here to help with anything we can.

Jacks Cool
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2004, 6:43pm by Jackie » IP Logged
Helpless
New Board Newbie
USA 

Many painfree days and nights to you all.....

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:58pm »

I have been reading up on  CHs and learning what I can about them.... We have talked about what I can do to help and when to stay away.... He has told me how bad they can get..... So bad that he ends up in the bottom of the bathtub yelling and screaming and sometimes throwing things.... He said he never wants me to see him that way and I hope I never have too.... But if  or when the day ever comes we will find away through it together, I hope.... He is the sweetest person I have ever had in my life and I care for him alot..... I can only hope that I have the honor of being in his life for a very long time......
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss