Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 6:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « why cant we do more  to help!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   why cant we do more  to help!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: why cant we do more  to help!!!!  (Read 292 times)
Helpless
New Board Newbie
USA 

Many painfree days and nights to you all.....

Email

why cant we do more  to help!!!!
« on: Apr 11th, 2004, 2:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry just needed to vent a little... I am getting so frustrated about not being able to do anything!!!!! Everyday I sit and watch my boyfriend suffer in a way I will never beable to really understand fully and I can do nothing.... I hate it.... It has gotten to the point that when I am by myself at night that I cry because I am so helpless... I know it does no good to do it but I wish I could stop the CHS or something... beable to ease his pain in someway , just SOMETHING ..... With every attack I hurt a little more each time, knowing I have to watch him suffer is the worst thing I have had to go through... But I know I will get through it because I care for him and will be by his side to help in the small (but not very useful) ways that I can....  Being a supporter I have learned that there are some many stronge people in this world... The supporters as well as the sufferers... And anyone that can live the life of a sufferer  are some of the strongest people in my book.... I can only hope to be as stronge as any of you...... Wishing you all painfree days and nights..... And thank you for letting me vent.... Sorry i had to do it....  

Helpless
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2004, 2:12am by Helpless » IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: why cant we do more  to help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 4:51am »

Unfortunately, there is not much more you can do but sit and watch.

If there was a cure.....we wouldn't have the need to be here.  

You need to stop beating yourself up over the fact that you feel helpless.  Every supporter on this board feels much the same way.  Do what you can....and try not to worry about the rest.

I am a sufferer/supporter.  I also have been in the presence of sufferers on this board when they got hit with a CH.  It is heartbreaking.  It saddens me ....but I know that I can not stop the pain.  Just knowing that someone is there seems to make it more bearable for sufferers.  However, there are some here who would rather go thru the event alone.

Love for your sufferer will get you thru the bad times.  Hang in there!

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Helpless
New Board Newbie
USA 

Many painfree days and nights to you all.....

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 9:15am »

I have learned just that... That it is best to know when to just sit back and out of the way or when to be there with a helping hand..... I know there is really nothing that i can do for him but it hurts..... I am learning very fast to deal with the helplessness and learning from him that I do help in some small little way, I guess..... I will support him to the very end if it is meant for me to do that.... I only hope and pray that someday for his sake there will be an end.... I give all the supporters the credit that they deserve for being around to help their sufferers... And to all the sufferers I give the most credit for being able to live with the pain they go threw everyday and still be so stronge.... Many painfree days to all......

Helpless
IP Logged
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14th, 2004, 7:27pm »

i too have sat and cried, when andy is in cycle!!!

it is the hardest thing to do, watching the person you love and care about in so much pain.

but i have now grown to realise there is nothing i can do, but wait it out and hope that it is a short attack and he will come out as quickly as poss.

i think every supporter has felt this way, and that is what makes us as important as them, and the need for these boards as important for the sufferer as much as the supporter.

i usually post on the uk site, and would not have gotten through the past few months without them, now i hope i can give something back to them and also to help ppl who come on here too.

Just to know that you are not alone is all the comfort some ppl need.

Feel free to vent any time, that is what we are here for, who knows the next time i feel the need, it will be you who answers my cry for help

sandra
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss