Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 2:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: Hubby hasn't made f/u dr's appt »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Re: Hubby hasn't made f/u dr's appt
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Hubby hasn't made f/u dr's appt  (Read 253 times)
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« on: Jun 29th, 2004, 5:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome Clarkie!

Good to meet you and don't worry about "venting"; its acceptable here. We understand. You'll find lots of support here.

Try to get that neuro appointment as fast as you can. This is where supporters can really help - they can do all the phoning, arranging, the listening to the muzac while on "wait" rather than leaving it to the sufferer who's having trouble functioning with no sleep, intense, regular mind-boggling pain, and everything else that goes with CH. Get on the phone and "make it happen".

Meanwhile check out ALL the buttons to the left of the homepage screen. There's some valuable info there and you can print what he needs to take with him to the neuro. If you can, ask him to do the cluster quiz:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/quiz.html

and encourage him to check out the whole CH.com site while he's at it.
Getting educated is some defence against mis-diagnosis and will also help you both to understand a bit about the condition and what may be done to prevent/ abort headaches and live with it. Read about the Oxygen!

Keeping a log is a great idea! Take this to the neuro too.

One of the best things we can do is ask what our sufferers need when they're having attacks and do exactly what they ask. Many wish to be left entirely alone, and we must not see this in a negative way - they are coping with unbelieveable pain and if they want to be alone, we should accept that while assuring them that we're there if needed. Others like a little company, an ice pack, neck rub, help with the O2 but whatever it is they ask for just make it happen!

I really don't know how to make someone do something they don't  want to do. All we can do is gentle encouragement, reminder and maybe incentive? What he's dealing with is bad enough, and changing things is always hard.
 You sound like a great supporter and I understand that feeling of total helplessness! Thing is tho', we're not that pathetic and will continue to seek ways to make the impact of CH on our lives as small as possible in any way we can. We must never weaken!

You cannot do more than the best you can!  
Hang in there and stay in touch. The grey days do pass.
Wishing you all the best
firebrix

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 7:31pm »

Hugs to you girl.  There's  nothing more stubborn than a man in pain and it's hard to convince them isn't it?  Gotta love them though - it must be tough for him and although I don't know what it's like from the supporter side of things, I do know that my supporter feels just like you do.  Hang tough and just keep on doing what you're doing..  The best to you and your mate.  Carol.
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 10:59pm »

*hugs* hang in there  hon . . .we have to be strong for these guys *smiles*
I have to second what firebrix said (about having a plan) talk to your husband, when he's NOT having a h/a, ask him what he would like you to do while he IS having one . . .and then that's what you do.  It was soooooooo hard for me to learn to not ask D questions while the beast was whacking him . . .
I also agree with you making the call and getting that neuro appt moved up closer!  You have to push for what you want (with the docs/nurses/secretaries) and not take 'no' for an answer.  

Be as educated as you can (meds etc) so when you get to the doc, you know what he/she is talking about.  And keep up with the journal . .it is a good idea . . .our's is a spreadsheet *L*

Anyway . . .I'm sending you lots of positive light and energy  . . .take care of him and you . . .you're both worth it *smiles*
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss