Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 3:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US "HELPLESS" »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US "HELPLESS"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US "HELPLESS"  (Read 461 times)
tiredofclusters
New Board Newbie
USA 

born to live, not to hurt

Email

THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US "HELPLESS"
« on: Aug 17th, 2004, 5:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Helpless, Smiley

I just wish i had a little bit of what u do for ur boyfriend. It's nice to know that there is someone out there that cares so much. Never feel like you are doing nothing to help him as being there is one of the most important things. Just knowing that there is someone there if u need them is such a relieve. There is very few of your kind out there as this world has gottin to be a place where most of everybody only cares for thereself. My prayers go out to u and ur boyfriend as i hope he will always have u by his side.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

(((HUGS)))   hewey

Neal
IP Logged
locolobo
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I really don't know it all ... yet!

Email

Re: THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US "HELPLESS"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 2:13pm »

I'm another newbie ... but not really new to this whole headache thing. Mom lived with migraines and I have my own. My lady and I entered a relationship just five months ago. She told me she gets headaches. Don't we all from time to time? I just couldn't fathom the scope of hers. All I know are mine. Support for Supporters has my story ... so I'll spare us all the details here.  
Maybe it's a good thing things moved so fast into the emotional thing ... because it felt like I was being ushered toward the door around Christmas. It hurt ... but the words I expected to hear never came. January has been Hell.... She won't see me (because she feels she'd have to entertain) but we do talk every evening on the phone.  
The separation (and, God, how I don't like that word!) gave me time to do some soul searching.  I found these boards, and some answers (and send the info to her). What I've learned doesn't frighten me off. It's helping me to accept and understand. Jackie's post: "Another Kind of Pain" is a guiding light.
Live for today sounds so futile when thoughts of love want to know tomorrows. My question is: how do I help her to understand my feelings for her are unconditional?
Thanks for being here....
Steve
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2005, 3:42pm by locolobo » IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:15pm »

I think it's pretty common for our CHers to  try to 'hide' the beast from us . . .to protect us . . .to protect themselves . . .all combined . . .our Chers know we care about them . . .
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
locolobo
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 10:33pm »

Appreciate the words of encouragement!  We're not even sure what kind of headaches my lady suffers.  She's had migraines, and recurring episodic headaches that affect the whole head ... but from what I've read here, they don't sound like CH.  Thing is ... even though she has faith in her doctor, and he's pretty up on his chops, up here in the sticks (North Bay Ontario) the general rule of a headache is "...suck it up, Princess...."
BTW ... I'm doing the research because I have unlimited access ... and a her dial-up is a headache waiting to happen.  Anything I find ... I send to her.  Wish they'd go away so I can give her a big hug....
Thanks again....
Steve
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 11:08am »

Hi Steve,
You're an angel for doing this research for your lady.  Smiley

One good thing you could send her is the Cluster Quiz, to the left here.  Also the Cluster Traits stuff.  Both are good diagnostic tools to diferrentiate between cluster and migraine.  

As well, we have a Canadian site with sufferers and supporters in your area. Yep, even in the sticks of Ontario!  

Check us out and feel free to join in:  http://www.clusterheadaches.ca

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
locolobo
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 1:51pm »

Again ... thanks for the encouragement!  Internet isn't always the easiest place to find help ... especially when the kids, the house, work and the headache want attention.  This feels like I'm doing more than praying....
Thanks for being here....
Steve
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss