Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 9:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How do I cope now »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   How do I cope now
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do I cope now  (Read 361 times)
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

How do I cope now
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 6:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband got out of the hospital on Monday afternoon, after having a 3 day DHE treatment that worked. I thought that since the beast was quiet now that he would relax a little. WRONG!!! Now he just sits there like he is waiting or the return. He was okay the first day he got home, but that's all changed now. I'm confused. Before he didn't won't to or couldn't do any thing to enjoy life now he sits there waiting for the return that might not come for a long while.HELP
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: How do I cope now
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 7:01pm »

Your hubby appears to be riddled with anxiety.
Hang in there dear it should pass.  
It took me a swift kick in the ass by my best friend and the wife to be to get me out of the house. Living in complete fear! I've come to learn that if it's going to happen then it'll occur whether I'm moping @ home or attending a Broadway show.
I chose the show!
It takes time. Maybe he needs to go talk to "someone"
It helped me.

Hugs and if he wants he can write me.

Best,
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 7:05pm »

Thanx Eric . He is such a great guy and he has had my heart for 20 years now. He was talking to someone but the guy got a better job in another city. hopfully the guy he recommended will help my husband (Butch) put things back into perspective.
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 7:42pm »

Hi Mawmaw.

Glad to hear that hubby is pain free.  Let's hope it lasts forever.

Give him a few days to come around.  Like Eric said....anxiety is probably a big part of it.  Also I think he may be shell shocked.  I know my hubby is after a really bad time.....kinda like a soldier that's been in a long hard battle.

He should be back to himself soon......if not maybe a swift kick in the butt would help... Grin

Be well.....
Jacks Cool
IP Logged
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 9:43pm »

Thanxs Jackie. This website and all the good people on it have sure made this horrible disorder a little easier to deal with.  We don't have a computer at home so I get online at work. I print off as much info as I can for my hubby and he has learned as I have about the beast.  Thanxs again  Smiley
IP Logged
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 6:36pm »

dear god it's BACK. He woke up at 2am screamed in pain and started the old routine. Got the O2 and used the migranal nasal spray docs gave him. He got some relief until about time for me to go to work today. Felt the shadows and started with the O2 again. He is threatening  to cut his head off. Makes it hard to come to work and leave him there to fight the beast alone.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 7:42pm »

I have become a huge advocate for melatonin.  
It seems that many of us have caught a break from the night time hits by taking it prior to attempting sleep.  

I personally take 6-9mg about 1/2 an hour before I'm going to lay down. I've taken back my nights and have pretty much eliminated the night hits. Sleep is a bonus for most of us and rarely occurs. I feel lucky because of this.  

Wish it worked during the day  Wink but atleast I'm rested enough to battle if necessary Cheesy

Have him try it. It can't hurt. (oh yeah... I'm not a doctor... so check with him Wink Roll Eyes) go for it.

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 10:05pm »

I really love this man and we've been through alot together. We have tried getting everything coordinated with the neuros in Charlottesville VA with our Gp  who is closer to us. Also researching anyother neuros in VA who know something about ch, UVA "headache guy" doesn't know as much as you guys do. Neuro closest to us suggested benedryal after most of the other meds he tried didn't work.If anyone knows of any good knowledgeable neuros anywhere in VA please let me know. 28 weeks with only 3pf days is about gettting to the ole man again
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 4:25pm »

Hun check out the OUCH sight in yellow on the left. Click the link that reads cluster help,  there is a list of Docs there. There may be one right close to ya on that list. Maybe just maybe with any luck yall will find the right doc to get yall some PF time.  
PF wishes, Leesa
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 7:11pm »

Have gotten the names off the OUCH website and given them to our GP and he is trying to arrange an appointment with one of the now. Thanks Leesa
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss