Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 1:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Some Doctors Suck »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Some Doctors Suck
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Some Doctors Suck  (Read 1236 times)
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Some Doctors Suck
« on: Nov 18th, 2004, 7:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Two days ago the "brillant" nueros over in Charlottesville VA decided to put my husband on indomethiacin. Well he can't take nsaids. Did they bother to read his chart. NO, did they bother to check with the neuro who treated him while he was an inpatient a few months ago.NO. Now on top of having horrible headache he is vomiting up blood. He has a bad stomach and has had to have surgery on it because of acid reflux. He almost died a few years ago because of acid reflux. He aspirated into his lungs and was septic with four different kinds of bacteria in his blood and fungus growing in his lungs . He was in the hospital for 13 days.3 of those days were in ICU. The docs did not think that he was going to make it. Now some incompetent resident prescribes a med that starts him vomiting up stomach acid and blood . How much more do these stupid docs who can't communicate between themselves think my husband can take. I have filed a formal complaint with the head of the neurology dept. at the University Of Virginia Medical Center. There is clearly a notation on my husbands chart that says no nsaids.
They have tried so many different drugs out on him he feels like a guinea pig now anyway.
Thank you for letting me get this off my chest
Cindy
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: Some Doctors Suck
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 8:30pm »

Oh Cindy - how awful.  How's he doing now with all of this.

God bless you for being such a good supporter.  I don't know how you do it, any of you.  

Hope someone listens to your complaint.  They can be so damned high and mighty sometimes.

Hugs to you girl - sounds like you need them right now.

Carol
IP Logged
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 9:36pm »

Thank you Carol,
He is still feeling bad but at least the vomiting has stopped. Our family doc has also joined me in complaining to the Head of the neurology department. He was very upset when I had to call him today about all this. He prescribed something that calmed his stomach down. I wish that they could figure out a good combo of meds to break this cycle that he is in.
Thanks for your post
Cindy
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 7:34pm »

Will the doctor prescribe O2 for your husband... Dave never used 02 but did during his last cycle last year... it was a God send thanks to Little Linda H... who taught Dave how to suck 02 correctly... 02 is the best way to abort a CH without resorting to meds... and deep breaths after all are relaxing... He will have to sit still because he has the 02 maks on and I think this too has a calming effect... I don't know which ever other drugs aren't bad on the tummy... I do know that Protonix is good for reflux and ulcers........... Dave has one and I had signs of early ulcer from stress also... Good luck and keep us updated... God bless Ree

I just thought of this too... try to get the docs to prescribe Librax... its a mix of Librium (which some use as a preventative anyway) and and I think Zantax... which is for the tummy... works for me dealing with Faluja... love to you Ree
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2004, 7:37pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 9:36pm »

Thank you Ree, My husband already has O2. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. He is doing a little better today. The docs had him stop taking the med. and continue with the prilosec to help his stomach calm back down.  
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 2:08pm »

Remember the Librax though it will really help in both aspects......... there is also a generic that does the same thing for the tummy.  Hope he is feeling better.  love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss