Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 1:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « getting educated »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   getting educated
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: getting educated  (Read 254 times)
jillybean
New Board Newbie
USA 

supporters unite!

getting educated
« on: Dec 11th, 2004, 4:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm new. I have been lurking around and reading for about a week. That was the day the new neuro told hubby he thinks he has clusters.

My husband has been off work now since the 11th of November. He is in severe pain. But he does not seem to have short term "attacks." There is a range of severity, but he isn't pf. Is this still a form of clusters?  

I encouraged him to come to this site, but he hasn't seemed interested. He's a little in the pity party stage. I don't blame him, mind you. He got up to a 10 one day and basically said his good byes. We were both scared. I know you identify with the helplessness feelings.

The best help has been sympathy and the "sharp teeth" with drs.

Monday will be a week on Topomax. I see poor opinions of this med on the board. That worries me. His pain has diminished over the past 3 days, tho.  

I don't see a lot of activity on this board. But I feel uncomfortable whining on the sufferer sites. They have it so much worse. This site is great for information in non-medical language.  

Jill

PS- Oh, and how do you find where you left a message? I jump around and read a lot and then can't find where I've posted to rejoin the discussion  worried
IP Logged

Sorry we have to meet like this......
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: getting educated
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 5:33pm »

Jill - if you've posted your email addy - then when you respond to a post, you'll see a little box that says something like - notify me of replies - it'll then send an email to you to let you know something you were interested in has been posted on that thread.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband - jump out there on the main board.  There's a ton of help some who have suffered for years and are a huge help to others.

Has your hubby tried 02 yet at all.  Have you checked all the boxes to the left of the message board?  Again, lots of help there.  Have him take the cluster quiz or you take it for him - I expect most supporters could answer the questions.

Sorry you have to be here, but you won't find a better group of people anywhere.  Keep in mind - we're family here so sometimes like family does, we get a little testy with one another.  At the end of the day though - we'd do anything in our power to help another of our family.

Hugs to you and your hubby.

Carol
IP Logged
jillybean
New Board Newbie
USA 

supporters unite!

thanks
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 6:15pm »

for your reply.

The dr mentioned o2, but wants to wait on spinal tap before steriods or other treatment.  

He has been treated for migraines for about 8 yrs. Two years ago he had a 3 wk "migraine," and they adjusted the dosage of migraine meds. Seemed to work...

Thanks for the advice on replies. I actually saw that box as I posted this and that's how I know you replied!

Be patient with us newsbies... we'll catch on eventually. This is my first message board.

I guess I can ask sufferers about the duration ?.  

Jill
IP Logged

Sorry we have to meet like this......
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: getting educated
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 8:06pm »

Jilly probabgly best to take the cluster quiz ...there is a link to the left  

<<over there...lol

It's still pretty rare to find a good Neuro who really understands clusters, so be patient.  MRI's are usually the first line of tests...never heard of a spinal tap for dx'ing cluster, but then nothing suprises me anymore.

take the first 16 question quiz and then the 30 question one....you may come up with some answers...

From a suffere's point...never had an attack last more than three hours...  please...take the quiz for your hubby...
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss