Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « quick hello and thank you... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   quick hello and thank you...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: quick hello and thank you...  (Read 731 times)
verin
New Board Newbie
USA 

quick hello and thank you...
« on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 5:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All~
Recently met the most wonderful, intelligent, witty Man in the world and found out tonight that He is a Clusterhead...actually He's the One that directed me to this site.  Just finished reading everything including a bunch of the past messages.  Would like to thank DJ and all of you for getting this information out here so clearly.  i can see -- as a natural nurturer -- that the hardest part is going to be that there is likely nothing i can do to help except be there, both during and after.  i'm astounded at the levels of strength i see in both sufferers and supporters.  Thank you all for providing the site and the forum.  i already had one of my questions answered by reading through the medical posts.  Again, thank you!
~verin
IP Logged

...and the ones who danced were thought insane by those who refused to hear the music...
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: quick hello and thank you...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:55am »

Hi Verin,
welcome - yes, it's a tough but very rewarding job being a supporter. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.  There are those of us here who have lots of years of experience from this side of the fence and we've got a few tricks up our sleeves!
Pull up a chair.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2005, 9:33am by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 6:50pm »

Hey Verin,

If you need to bounce some questions off a sufferer I be your guy......30 years tells me I can answer Grin

In case you have seen my posts on the other board....thats just me goofing, down here its all serious.

Shoot me an email if you like.

..................................jonny
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 7:31pm »

whooooooohoooooo jonnys hanging in the supporters corner... hey thanks bud... takin over for me while I am away HOW SWEET.........LOVE YA REE

HI MARGI... HEY MARGI... MY KID IS HOME.........LOLOL
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
verin
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 7:40pm »

Thank you all so much.  i really appreciate the offer Jonny.  i'm strongly suspecting that by the end of next week i'll be popping you more questions than you'll ever expect  Wink since it's possible He's going into a cycle this week.
~verin
IP Logged

...and the ones who danced were thought insane by those who refused to hear the music...
Missy_Donna
New Board Junior
USA 

See correct e-mail address under post.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 8:00pm »

When you really stop and think about support, you realize that there are so many ways to support that you could go on and on adding.

There's the monitary supporter.....big and kind heart .

Then, there's the possession supporter......the sharer that is kind, and willing to be giving of personal things.

There's the "chef" who will cook all day and love it and get the warmest of hearts watching you enjoy the fruits of their labor.

But there's a tremendous difference in the support of a cluster headache supporter.  They care so much about "their person" that they will suffer one of the most painful "supports" known to man.  They feel, they cry, they pray, they pace, they stifle their own voices so as not to disturb their sufferer, but most of all, they love with all their hearts. Over and over again.  It's a cycle....either episodic or chronic...and possible forever.

They wouldn't trade thier role for anything in the whole wide world tho.  When you love someone, this is what you do.  There isn't any question in the supporters mind about how, why or anything else.

My son has clusters and I would really like to always be in a corner of the room he's in when he's having a ch.  I want to be near him.....I want to be there to give him whatever it is that closeness emits.

That's a little sampling of why supporters need supporters.  We need each others' support, calming words of advice, bits of wisdom,  past experience and sometimes just stupid, lopsided humor.

Without us, we might not make it.  

So....here's a toast to all supporters.  They might have normal sized hypothalamuses, but their hearts are enlarged.  No doubt.

Love you all.
Donna H.
IP Logged

E-mail addy is dmh114@lycos.com

Charter Member..joined over 6 years ago.

Sufferer for 28 years.....now a supporter to my 33 year old son.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 4:03pm »

wow, Donna - you really nailed it.  Thank you.   Kiss
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss