Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:40am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What just Hit Me? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   What just Hit Me?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What just Hit Me?  (Read 335 times)
Swtpea48
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

What just Hit Me?
« on: Apr 30th, 2005, 10:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm new here, and hoping to get some kind of feedback. A little history. I've had migranes, always with aura. This time, a massive headache hit me out of nowhere. I thought I was going to die. Nothing like a migrane. I went to ER finally, cat scan, sinus all clear. I did refuse a spinal tap, for no ER doc is going to touch that. Not on me. I have apt with Neuro on Monday, and so afraid.  

I cant figure out what triggered this except a strong odor in doc's office on Tues. Then wednesday of last week it hit me hard. It was like my head was a golf ball on a tee, and someone hit me hard.  Undecided This was worse than a migrane. had to use cold on eyes, face, ears, and back of neck. Was awaken from sleep. In fact last night/all day today I felt okay, finally slept. Hadnt slept in over a week. Massages from spouse helped.  Kiss

you all seem so knowledgeable of CH and was curious if this is my problem....Please help. I've been in tears alot. Could stress also be factor? My dog died the first of april, I found her. Planning daughters wedding, etc.  

does this sound like what you all are suffering from? They come without any warning what so ever. come/go, came and stayed to the point I wanted to jump off a bridge.  Shocked I cant remember having this sort of headache ever. Thing is, I'm 56 F. geesh!!!!, please reply soon...trying to not be online to much...thanks a million....hugs, Swt Cry
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

Re: What just Hit Me?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 10:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Swtpea take this short quiz it may help you clear some things up. However its best that you see your Nuero and let him make a proper diagnosis.

Sorry to see your having a tough time

Sean...............

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/quiz.html
IP Logged
Swtpea48
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 10:43pm »

Thanks sean....I did...but dont know if my answers are correct...trying to figure it out is funky too..but will take in again now..ty for fast reply.....hugs,Swt
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 10:47pm »

Swtpea, so sorry you have been having such a tough time.
I agree with Sean, take the quiz, and check out the other links on this site.  You will help your neuro diagnose if you arrive at your appointment armed with information.  From what you have said, it sounds a little like cluster, but it also sounds like some other types of headaches.  I use to get classic migraine, and then later changed to only cluster headaches.  So it is a possibility for you.  If you determine that you have CH, this site will be helpful in finding ways to deal with it.  Best of luck to you.

Pat
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Swtpea48
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 10:50pm »

Okay took quiz...weird thing is, It's like a split in answers... Huh Maybe I've gone from one extreem to another...geesh louise...sigh, I'll continue to read, educate myself to take to neuro...scares the shit out of me I tell you...ty again, hugs,me
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 11:20pm »

We have several on the board who have migraines and clusters.

CH does not care what age you are...so never think age could be a factor.    The good thing about CH is that it won't kill 'ya.   The bad thing is....it won't kill 'ya.  LOL

CH pain is like no other....

When taking the cluster quiz.....try and separate your migraine pain, from the other pain you're having.   CH usually (for episodics) comes at the same time of the day or night.   Doesn't usually vary too much.   For me, an hour and half after going to bed.    

Lots of information located in those links on the left of the page.   Print out what you need and take to the doc when you go.    

Best wishes to 'ya, and I honestly hope you are not a victim of CH.   But, if you are, then you're with good company.  

Let us know what you find out from the doc.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss