Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Don't read. To awful to contemplate! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Don't read. To awful to contemplate!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Don't read. To awful to contemplate!  (Read 881 times)
lizzzz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Don't read. To awful to contemplate!
« on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone.  I hesitate to talk about this subject but I need to talk to someone.  I started dating my husband when I was 16.  As far as I know the headaches had their first cycle 2 years later.  He was an unfaithful young cluster head and I left to live in London for 3 1/2 years.  While I was there I saw a television special on Cluster headaches.  It said that there is a high rate of suicide associated with these headaches for obvious reasons.  Now we have been married 11 years and have two wonderful daughters.  During this time I have found out that his maternal grandmother had schizophrenia (can't spell) and had killed herself when he was a boy.  His family didn't bring it up and he had forgotten it if he ever knew it.  Then last year his mother was suffering with emphazema (sp?) and killed herself.  He found her.  Now he is having his first cycle in two years and I am terrified that this may seem like an option to him.  He is telling me to up his life insurance and scaring me sh**less.  He has never had them for more than 8 weeks so I'm trying to hold on
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: Don't read. To awful to contemplate!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:24am »

Lizz,

Get him some help!!!!I don't know how you can, but you must try
He needs to speak with a professional ..a counselor..a shrink...I know because I've been seriously suicidal. He may not like it, but it's time.. He needs someone to talk to.  

Bring him to this website he will see that he is not alone in his pain and that there are choices and ways to feel better.

Does he see a neurologist? What does he use for medication if any?
If he's getting the help he needs you'll feel a little better too.

And you're not alone either...lots of support for supporters here..you have the toughest job and I thank you for doing a super job and coming here for help.

CH is awful, but what you have to say or vent or cry about it is not. We don't mind listening....anytime. hug

please remember to take care of yourself too.
be well,
lionsound
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:24am by lionsound » IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:56am »

Liz, I absolutely agree with every word Lionsound has just said to you!!  You BOTH need to talk about this.  And quickly.

Face him down with it, too - ask him point blank if he is considering suicide.  TELL him he's scaring the shit out of you!  Don't threaten him, or tell him that you're going to "turn him in", just tell him how this suspicion is making you feel.  Trust me on this, I've walked in your shoes and had a few scares over the years.  I've talked directly to Mike and told him I was scared.  I laid out what options are available to him and, for him (everyone is different though), just hearing that I was scared was enough for him to come back to reality and realize what devastation suicide causes.  He's promised me he will never do that to me.  Maybe your hubby needs to know that YOU are seeing signs that maybe he isn't.
Talk to your doctor, talk to his doctor - call 911, but TALK, Liz.  And please keep talking here, too - we all know exactly what you're both going through.  Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem (even though it doesn't seem like a temporary problem at the time a sufferer is getting hit!).  Get him into a better doctor who knows cluster, get him on a treatment program that will abort his attacks and give him relief.  Whatever you do, do SOMETHING and do it today.  I once phoned our neuro and told them that if Mike wasn't seen that afternoon that I was worried about suicide.  That caught their attention and they did see him very quickly.  
This is one of the very few areas where a supporter CAN actually do something - become vocal, Liz.  We're right here to coach you if you need anything, ok?

Hang in there, lady.

Big hugs,
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
lizzzz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:00pm »

thanks lionsound.  He is on prednisone which makes him agitated and mean.  But may be it will help.  Also takes imitrex inhalant.  I will call the nerologist.

thanks
again
IP Logged
lizzzz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:02pm »

Thanks Margi,

His nero is ancient.  Maybe a new doc would have new ideas.

Thanks
Lizzzzz
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:32pm »

oh absolutely the pred is making him miserable!!  It's nasty shit!  He should only be on a short taper of it, it's NOT a long-term med for cluster at ALL!  He should taper up to, what, 60 mgs, then down by 5 mgs a day until he's off it.  Mike did a 17 day taper of it and, let me tell you - NEVER again!

Get him a prescription for oxygen!!  Scream the neuro's office down until they give you one.  Even if you have to chain yourself to the guy's leg until he writes a script for you!  Sharpen your teeth, honey.  It MUST be delivered, as well, through a non-rebreather mask and through a regulator that goes higher than 8 litres per minute.  Anything less won't work, and those nose cannule thingies are just a real good way to piss off a clusterhead.

Print out the oxygen info in the button to the left, here and take it to your doc.  Even a GP should be able to do this for you if you don't like the neuro!!

Best of luck and keep us posted, ok?

hugs,
Marg
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 3rd, 2005, 4:23pm »

Margi you are wonderful.... I just wanted to say that...

everything you said is right on.... nothing more I can add ... Good luck to you Lizzzzz!  Get help!!!!  

Love to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 6:58am »

Lizz

I think he is sending out signs.  Watch closely.  And do get him some help.  I agree with lionsound about the web site.  It did wonders for me to know that I wasn't alone.  

Praying for you and your family...hug
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 6:46am »

Lizz,
There is nothing that I can add to these lady's advice,  
I haven't been there, But I agree do anything that you have to to get him on the right meds.. & mostly get him here on the site to meet & talk to people so he knows he's not alone out there fighting..  
I found that my husband has change alot with the info & people on this site, has made a big differant in our lifes !!  
Lots of Love & Prayers to You & yours !!
Lots Of Love Jolene
IP Logged
concerned
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 7:45am »

Lizz

GET HELP take the advice given it is good stuff let him know you are there i did and it has helped. Only someone who has gone through this can relate. Belive me i can relate Mike is now 54 and been suffering since he was about 18 it seems to get worse every year. They need to know that we are there and we try to understand however we can not truely understand. listen to Margi she has good advice and has been there. hold the faith and camp out in the docs office if necessary. Use what ever means necessary to let him know that you are there and you want to help. May sound crazy but take him to church maybe this will help. stick by him
Stay here the people here are the  
GREATEST and they do understand.

Good luck to you  
Wishing him painfree days and nights
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 9:23am »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 7:45am, concerned wrote:
Lizz

GET HELP take the advice given it is good stuff let him know you are there i did and it has helped. Only someone who has gone through this can relate. Belive me i can relate Mike is now 54 and been suffering since he was about 18 it seems to get worse every year. They need to know that we are there and we try to understand however we can not truely understand. listen to Margi she has good advice and has been there. hold the faith and camp out in the docs office if necessary. Use what ever means necessary to let him know that you are there and you want to help. May sound crazy but take him to church maybe this will help. stick by him
Stay here the people here are the  
GREATEST and they do understand.

Good luck to you  
Wishing him painfree days and nights

I agree with you on this, but BEWARE... We attend a rather large Church... I am even the Sound Man.. for the Church... just watch out for some people in the Church.

I am not saying this in a bad way, but some people were telling Me & My Wife (Sassy_Lady):

"We will Pray for You and we want you to go home and throw out all those meds"...

I told them all that, I believe in God 100%, I know Bad things happen to Good people and Good things happen to Bad people.. But God put those Dr's and those Med's here for a reason.. To help us... I still Pray everyday that God would take this from me, but I also know He has a reason for everything that Happens, I did not do something Wrong.....I serve God at every chance I can.

I don't like what I have (CH), but believe it or not, there are alot worse things out there that I could have.... that I don't...

So you just gotta put up Your Fists, Hang Tough & Fight the Good Fight...

I really hope this helped, I just wanted to encourage you not to give up, do not let the BEAST win....

PFDAN's to You !!!
Charlie

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
minnie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

my greatest joys are my daughters April & Beth

MSNMSGR-me.minnie.7053@hotmail  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 2:11pm »

Lizzzz,

Please give us an update on how you and your husband are doing.Did you get a prescription for oxygen?Prayng he found something to break the cycle and that your doing ok.
   Minnie
IP Logged

Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 4:59pm »

Hi Ladies (and Gentlemen),

We are on 10 weeks now.  Finally got 10 - 15 liters of o2 after much red tape.  It is helping.  Imitrex stopped working and he now takes migranal.  We are hanging in there thanks to you guys and your support and advice.
lol
Lizzzz
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 5:16pm »

How's the DHE workling?
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
lizzzz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 5:05pm »

Sorry to be dense. What is DHE?  Any way the beast left the way he came and I don't think any thing the Dr.s did had any effect.  But thank God this turn is over.  Thank you all for getting me through and good luck to you all that are wondering if you ever will get through it.  God bless the cronic suffers.  I can't imagine......
love to all
Lizzzzz
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 9:34am »

hi Lizzzzzzzzzz

Did you bring him to this site, now that its over?   Maybe he can read up on the new stuff and have his battle plan ready for the next time.  
This site is amazing....... the people, the info - the friendships developed here.....  

Glad it's over, and you guys made it!   Feel free to stick around..........  

tina Kiss
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss