Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I HATE Technology »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   I HATE Technology
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I HATE Technology  (Read 385 times)
mischki
New Board Newbie
USA 

Slobber happens...

WWW Email

I HATE Technology
« on: Sep 4th, 2005, 2:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just spent 45 minutes writing up my first post.   I poured my heart out. When I submitted, it was too long.  When I clicked the back link under the error message, MY ENTIRE POST WAS GONE.  

I worked really hard on it.  I AM going to cry now.

I did get to read it to my husband (the CH Sufferer) before I submitted it.  At least HE got to hear it.
IP Logged
Highlander
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

Re: I HATE Technology
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 5:47pm »

Hi  

Mischki having talked to you in the UK chat room welcome  to CH.com. rewrite your story!!! you will get all the support and advice you need re CH for your husband.

Scott
IP Logged
mischki
New Board Newbie
USA 

Slobber happens...

WWW Email

Trying again...
« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 6:20pm »

Friday night.  11 p.m. My husband, Richard, gets up to "handle" his CH - pacing, throwing up, soaking in a hot tub, excercising.  I don't think anything about it - he's had several shadows in the past few weeks.

Then the Other Richard shows up in the bedroom doorway.  His face that is not his face looks at me and the voice that is not his voice pleads, "help me."

I call the doctor at the hospital.  The meds are called in to the pharmacy.  I pick them up, and inject the first dose for the first time in our 4-year history of fighting the demon.

Within 15 minutes, the Other Richard is exorcised, and My Richard is back.

We decide we should have tried this a year ago.

Saturday night.  Richard "handles" many shadows.  Then, the Other Richard appears again.  He looks like he's praying to Mecca - on his knees on a towel, rocking, crying "oh God" over and over again.  At 11 p.m. I give him the holy water from the needle.  When My Richard returns, I ask him why he waited so long.  He says "money."

At $140 a pop, no insurance, and only one income, I understand.  But I'll spend any amount to make sure that the possession ends.

Sunday morning.  9 a.m.  My 9-year old son wakes me and says "Dad needs you."  I'm confused.  The Other Richard only comes out at night.

I have to wait until 10 for the pharmacy to open.  When I return, Richard is on his prayer towel.  I give him another shot and he finally sleeps.  

I log onto this site.  Post my story and it disappears into cyberspace.  This evening, chatting with folks in the OUCH UK Chatroom, I finally feel like someone understands.

I fear the evening.  I fear the possession.  I fear the Other Richard, and I fear that, this time, I won't be able to exorcise the demon.

Thank you, Scott, for encouraging me to post again.  And thank you CH.com for being here.
IP Logged
Highlander
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

« Reply #3 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 7:02pm »

No problems

I hope your husband gets some PF time soon

Use O2 it works really well on the majority of sufferers

Scott
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 8:53pm »

Hi Mischki and Steve,

I'm so glad you found us and no doubt we can offer you yrs. of knowledge and support.

I am a CHer yet try my damndest to give my all who log on here. This place saved my life so it is my duty to be there for the rest of you.

Injections are a fortune....
Maybe you can get them perscribed in vials so that you may split the doses. Many of us find that we can get relief with using much less than that of the full injection and this not only extends our meds but our $$$

If you can only get the stat-dose for Richard then try the imitrex tip. Click on the link on the menu bar and you will learn an awesome trick that helps many of us!!!

Get oxygen for him. It is cheaper and not nearly as nasty as some of the meds we take.

Is he on any preventative medications? or doe she just use the abortives?

Anyway, I will pop in on ya an dprovide what I can.

Regards and do not forget about taking care of you!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
mischki
New Board Newbie
USA 

Slobber happens...

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 9:23pm »

Eric:

Thank you so much for your support!  I found this site during one of Richard's past episodes and just "lurked" without posting. That's how I found a doctor that would give him his Rx for 'trex and O2. It took a month to get in to see the neurologist, and by the time we got there, he was out of his cycle, so we haven't needed it until now.  He was PF for 6 months.  

Thanks to this site, he's been keeping the pain down to shadows with the water method for the past few weeks.  Since it's Labor Day weekend, I couldn't contact the Dr for the O2, but could get the Imitrex.  We're going to get the O2 on Tuesday if we can, and also try the Kudzu.  We're going to give the Kudzu to my daughter, too, who has unfortunately inherited my migraines.

Tonight I'm going to try the Imitrex tip.  Sadly, I didn't see it until I'd already given him 3 full doses.  We have one dose left, and I'm going to try to do the tip tonight.  I practiced on a a used one.  I get so shakey when he's on his "prayer towel."  I wanted to see how hard it would be.  The label is the tricky part.  They sure stick those on tight!

Thanks again!  Wish me (and Richard) luck - the possession is about an hour to two away if it's on time.

Mischki

P.S. My husband just busted his toe on a chair the kids left out in the living room.  Poor guy - can't catch a break!  Or maybe too many!
IP Logged
minnie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

my greatest joys are my daughters April & Beth

MSNMSGR-me.minnie.7053@hotmail  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14th, 2005, 2:23pm »

mischki,
   Hi how ya doing?were you able to get the oxygen for your husband?If so how's it working and have you used the  trex tip on him yet and if so how'd ya do? sorry I'm asking so many questions I just wanna make sure your both doing ok.

Minnie
IP Logged

Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
New Board Newbie
USA 

Slobber happens...

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 12:20pm »

Thanks Minnie, for asking...

No, we haven't gotten the O2 yet.  The neurologist that said we could have it didn't write it down in the chart, and then started his own practice.  Long story short, after going 3 rounds with his office (both old and new) we finally were told that Richard would have to have a new appointment - in 3 weeks!

Richard hasn't eaten or slept in weeks.  He's on the verge of suicidal and I'm exhausted - physically and emotionally.  I had a feeling this was going to happen, so I took the first appt. we could get with our GP - very understanding - and maybe we can get O2 there.  We'll be at the docs this afternoon.

The neurologist did recommend going to see a Dr. Cady in Springfield, MO, at the Headache Center there.  Anyone know anything about that center?  

We're thinking about trying to file for disability - anyone have any recommendations as to whether he qualifies and how to go about it?  We have no insurance, and this is breaking the bank...

At least we have the Imitrex and the tip.  On a happier note, last week our GP gave us THREE SAMPLE BOXES of Imitrex!  That meant 18 doses!

Thanks for asking!  

PFDAN!

mischki
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 1:50pm »

Sorry you guys are still battling.

This is a great resource to know like the back of your hand...print it out and give it to the doc  

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

It will present the appropriate treatments that you should seek and your doctor should know!!!  

I have recently been using Zyprexa as an abortive and have found it to work (for me) as fast as Imitrex and without the "hangover"  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1120904753

If he has the "typical" wake you up in the middle of the night horrors then.... Melatonin might be very helpful  
Many of us (myself included) have found that taking 6-9mg (some take more) about a 1/2 hour to 45minutes prior to bed have Knocked out the night visits and can finally get sleep.  

Good luck!!!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss