Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « worried »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   worried
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: worried  (Read 287 times)
maryc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

worried
« on: Sep 21st, 2005, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For the last few weeks my husband has been getting really bad hits, way more than normal. He has used almost all of his Imetrex that he has been saveing up.We got the response to them down, it just seems that they have him down. Alot more than normal. Is there normal in CH? Anyway his personality has totaly changed. He doesn't do the things he normaly enjoys. It's like our life is on hold, when he gets home from work he tries to take a nap because he hasn't been getting any sleep at night but he knows what napping will bring on. I know he is desperate for sleep and he looks so tired all the time. Lately he looks like a refuge, his eyes are sunken in and he hasn't been eating. I just wish there was something I could do for him. He just isn't himself and that concerns me. I don't know what to do.

Mary
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: worried
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21st, 2005, 7:44pm »

Hi Mary,

I'm married to a clusterhead too.  

Yes...cluster suffers do get down....way down.  They become worn out from sleep deprivation and then comes the depression sometimes.  They can't do the things they enjoy because they are exhausted.  Blake, my hubby, lives in fear too....fear of the next hit.  What you describe about your husband all sounds like the normal pattern....normal sounds like a stupid term when describing anything about CH.

Do your best to help him keep his spirits up...reassure him that things will get better....encourage him to hang in there and fight the beast....make sure he understands that you don't blame him for any of this...try to keep him from blaming himself too.

Read everything on this site and OUCH....maybe there is something that you all haven't tried that could help....lots of good info here.

Things will get better, Mary.....
Don't forget to take a little time for yourself too....something as simple as a bubble bath (Margi's cure-all) or a walk can help you.  Your job isn't easy but you can do it.

Good Luck, Sweetie..

Jacks Cool

IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21st, 2005, 8:38pm »

Hi Mary,  
I am a CH sufferer myself. Being a supporter is harder. I know because I've seen the look on my husbands and clusterbuddies faces when I hurt.  

Thank you for coming here and being an awesome supporter. I could feel your heartache in your post. hug

I know that sometimes you feel like there's nothing you can do, but I'll tell you being there, being you.. means the world to your husband.  

If you can catch him when he's not in pain talk with him about your concerns. We all have trouble sleeping and you need to follow that sense of yours when you think he's not himself. We need you to look out for us too, sometimes we forget how.

PLease let us know how you both are doing.
Be well and PF!
-lionsound
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 7:35am »

Hi MaryC...  

Welcome to the site... Sorry you had to find us, but Thanks for being here and being a Great Supporter...

I am a CH Suffer'er myself, it means alot to have a Great Supporter and I think its tougher than having the CH myself, I see the way my Wife feels and its the only thing that gives me the strength to get through the Hits...  

You have come to the right place for Support & Information, I do not think you will find any better place in the world...This place not only saved my life, but also saved my Marriage...  

Get the Hubby to come and check out the site and meet a few of the people here, even if he is not a computer person, he will like the interaction... Its not pleasent knowing that there are other people out there with this, but its nice to know you are not alone and that he is not going crazy...  

I don't want to just Ramble on.. so I just wanted to Say Hi and Welcome... If you want me to Email the Hubby and just to Chat or If he needs any help or Information.. I'm here at least once a day... just send me a PM...  

Thanks Again
God Bless & PFDAN's
Charlie

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
maryc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 4:30pm »

Thankyou for the words of encouragement, it is nice to know we are not alone in this. My husband comes on here alot and I know it has helped him alot and therefore helped me. I wish there was no need for this site but I thank God that its here.

Mary
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

things will get better baby, they always do. I love you...........
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss