Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Told Dr. "I'm at wits end" »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Told Dr. "I'm at wits end"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Told Dr. "I'm at wits end"  (Read 342 times)
meanshark
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Told Dr. "I'm at wits end"
« on: Oct 4th, 2005, 11:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I went to my quarterly neuology appointment yesterday and finally had it. My headaches are not getting any better, and all she does is adjust my meds. I'm up to 200mg of "dopamax" and 100mg of zoloft. So far This has done nothing but endanger me of losing my job. No concentration. The thing is she is supposed to be the "Best in the biz" on Migrains and Clusters. This is a sufferer herself, thats why I chose her. But still no satisfaction. I finally went to my GP and got a new referal to the Emory Clinic in Atlanta. I can't take it anymore.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2005, 11:52pm by meanshark » IP Logged
DennyM
New Board Newbie
Australia 

She-Who's-Never -Obeyed

Re: Told Dr. "I'm at wits end"
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2005, 8:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wish you'd given your name!I find it rather difficult to address someone as "Meanshark"!

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I read your post yesterday and had to go back to work. This is the first opportunity I've had to come back to you.

First of all, I find it very hard to believe your neuro is in fact a Clusterhead herself. Migraine sufferer perhaps - but no fellow CHer would ever treat you so poorly. Unless ,of course, she's hit on something that works for her and is narrow-minded enough to think that it should work for everyone else.

Our own experiences with neuros (I'm Aussie Brian's supporter) have been fairly disasterous. They seem to be more interested in the contents of your wallet than they are in what's happening inside your head.

Arm yourself with every available print-out you can get from this site - especially everything about O2 - and go to a GP. Once there, stand on your digs, jump up and down, and DEMAND (no point in asking). You really do need the prin-outs. CH is such an uncommon condition that your average GP hasn't heard of it since med-school
,and even then it was probably glossed over as  "someting you're unlikely to encounter".

I'm not trying to belittle Migraine sufferes here - but CH is different - very different - and can't be treated the same way.

Hey - I could go on forever tellling you horror stories, but you don't need them, right now. You have your own horror to deal with - but it's also our horror. We're all on your side here. Pease don't be at wits end any more.  

Thanks for coming to Supportes Corner.That's what we're here for.

Please get back to us. In the meantime - kick arse!

Lots of Prayers for bulk PF time ahead for you.

Love & Blessings

Denny
IP Logged

Forgive them their sins against us, just don't let them forget 'em.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss