Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu ROCKS! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Kudzu ROCKS!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu ROCKS!  (Read 396 times)
Tami
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Kudzu ROCKS!
« on: Nov 26th, 2005, 3:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, my name is Tami.  My husband, David, aka n4xft, is a new Clusterhead.  His attacks began around November 4.  We had no idea what they were and he thought he was dying.  I thought he was overreacting and wished he would just get over it and come back to bed.  Looks like we were both wrong.  The only good thing about finding out he has cluster headaches is finding out that he is in fact not dying.  We still don’t have an official diagnosis, though.

For three nights in a row, he had 5 KIP 7-9 attacks, up from 2 or 3 a night.  He was getting no sleep.  Almost as soon as his head hit the pillow, he would get hit.  Yesterday, we found some Kudzu supplements, Planetary Kudzu Recover, at the local Co-Op and he started them right away.  He took two at 11am, two at 4pm and two at 7:30pm, since his first hit is around 930pm.  

He got hit 30 minutes after his first dose by a KIP 9, at 3 by another KIP 9, and at 10 by a KIP 7.  

Now for the good news.  He slept from 11:00 last night to 11:00 this morning!  He had a KIP 7 at 745 this morning and that was it!  No more hits so far today!

Did I mention Kudzu ROCKS?    

Thank you all for the information here, and your own personal stories.  I hate that you are all going through this, but am very glad that we are not alone.    

Here’s to pain free days ahead!
Tami
IP Logged
LadyElaine

Email

Re: Kudzu ROCKS!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26th, 2005, 10:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Your husband is not alone and neither are you.
I enjoyed talking to you tonight and glad to hear that the cluster family is helping!  
I hope the  Kudzy keeps working.  
Welcome to our family but so sorry your Husband has clusters.  
Oh and thanks for the help you gave me !
IP Logged
Tami
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 11:39am »

You're welcome, Elaine.
And thanks for the chat and all the info.

I think we may have jumped the gun on the Kudzu.  Dave had another bad night last night.  The hits didn't seem as bad, though.  We're going to keep on the kudzu and if it doesn't work we'll move on to something else.

We are working on getting the oxygen set up, thanks to a regulator and some "gentle nudging" from Mr. Happy.  

Thanks again,
Tami
IP Logged
LadyElaine

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 3:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Do The o2 It works for most here. Don't give up on anything for at least two weeks. Give it time to work.
I told ya there are Angels here Smiley
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 4:17pm »

like elaine said, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater on the kudzu yet. sometimes folks get hits after it has begun to have an effect on the cycle. the best bet is to build the arsenal like you are -- get the o2 rig, keep taking the kudzu. buy some Red Bull... now, then you're ready for your husband to be attacking from all fronts -- and winning.

good luck, we all know where you are right now and hopefully encouraging you with at least some suggestions.

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Tami
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 8:51pm »

Thanks!  We all need all the encouragement we can get!  Just reading the stories of everyone else's courage and how you deal with this daily and have dealt with it for so long, is encouraging.  It lets me know that we can do it, too.

Dave had another good night last night.  He got hit once before bedtime and not again until this afternoon when he laid down for a nap.  Yeah, we know that's a no-no, but I guess sometimes you hope that this time will be different...We're still learning...

Not sure if it's the kudzu helping or if he's cycling out, though it seems a little early for that.  That's the problem isn't it?  You never know what the bastard's doing, do you?  He keeps you second guessing everything.  (The beast that is, not my husband...he's reading over my shoulder and took offense...lol).

So I guess we are back to Kudzu Rocks!  

Going to take everyone's advice and grab some Red Bull while I am out tomorrow.  Thanks for all of the good advice!

Tami

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss