Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Why »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Why
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why  (Read 448 times)
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Why
« on: Dec 25th, 2005, 6:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't want to bring anyones Christmas down, but if I don't get this out I will explode. Christmas was my husband Butch's favorite time of year. He passed away on Nov 22 2005. I can't do this year. I have been putting on a brave face for everyone, mostly the grandkids. Last night (Christmas Eve) no one was here but me and I have not stopped crying. It is now almost 6:30 and I have had no sleep, my 4 grandsons ranging in age from 9-4 are going to be here soon. I don't want them to see me like this. I don't want Christmas this year. I know that is awful but I hurt  in my heart so bad and I can't hide it antmore.
I'm sorry. you all have been very helpful Don't want to bum anyone eles out.
MAWMAW
IP Logged
Annette_Emond
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Family Member

Email

Re: Why
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 9:37am »

Cindy, you are grieving and it is absolutely natural that you feel the way you do.  In fact, given that everything is so recent, it is only just really starting to hit home that this has even happened.  
Your family and friends will understand how tough it is to get through this season.  The little ones just might distract you from your sadness and bring a smile to your heart if only for a moment. Live for those moments and enjoy them.   I don't think you need to try and hide your feelings, or worry about upsetting anyone.  It's ok to be so sad, and it's ok for the little ones to know that you are.   You are in my thoughts today.  
Annette
IP Logged

Happiness runs in a circular motion..
you can sometimes come back around to what you thought was done.
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 10:07am »

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cindy.  And like Annette said, people will understand that this is a difficult time for you.  It is very understandable.  I'm so sorry that you are going through this.  If you ever need anything just let me know.
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 9:15pm »

Maw Maw,  

You are NOT bringing  anyone  down.  We happen to be a family here and I want to help if you will let me.

I have left my home phone number on an IM to you.  Please use it and I will immediately call you back on my dime.   I have a wonderful group of people to help me with Family Services.   I will consider it an honor for you to vent, cry or anything else we can help you with...PLEASE hon......

Linda Howell

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 9:22pm »

I lost my mother this past year as well Cindy.  The grief is still very near.  If there is anything I can do, if only to be an ear and a shoulder please let me know.

Linda is a terrific person and a dear friend. Please take her up on the offer to assist.  He heart is bigger than Texas.  

Your friend in grief,

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:48pm »

Maw maw.... Im so sorry I hadn't seen this sooner... I have been staying away from the supporters board and posting on the regular board.  I too have lost my Mom and my Dad this year... Dad in June... Mom in Nov.... they weren't my husband but I know what grief feels like.  Christmas was very difficult.  But now its over.  I am so sure that Butch would want you to do the best that you can over the holidays.  Don't let others bring you down or tell you how to grieve.  Grieving is a natural process that everyone goes through differently.  Sure there are phases but....not one of us can explain the way we feel in the same terms.... Crying is a good thing.... venting is even better.  I am so sorry for your loss honey.... Gods love to you and prayers all around.  Be well...one more holiday to go and then we can start to heal..... love ree

Well said.....Redd, Linda H....Annette....and kimmie.... you are wonderful supporters... thanks for what you do...
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:50pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:55pm »

cindy, am so sorry for your loss, of course you are upset, and don't want christmas this year, who would in a similar position!!!!

i too know how you feel, kind of, i lost my Dad 3 and a half years ago, and i still find Christmas and New Year a tough time, so can fully understand you feeling like this!!

Annette is totally correct, you shouldn't feel that you need to hide your feelings.  i hope you managed to get through the day ok, and i will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best

take good care of you

sandra xxxxx
IP Logged
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 1:29am »

(((((Cindy)))))

I am so sorry you are feeling so badly.  

Ya know I was going to go into some technical grief stuff but no.  I just wish there was a way to take some of your pain for you.

Prayers for you and yours.
Kimberly
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Holidays are the worst aren't they? They don't get any easier as the years pass either, but try to concentrate on the happy times that you two had during them in the past and feel  fortunate that you had someone you loved so much  to spend them with. Look forward to the next generation with pride, joy, and love, then look for Butch in them. He will live on in them.

Matt
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 10:49pm »

hug

Carol
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #10 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:27pm »

Oh Cindy, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how this has been for you, honey.  Cry  Hopefully, having the grandkids around helped a little. Matt is right, Butch lives on in them. I'm sending lots of prayers and huge vibes for you. You come here any time you need to, OK? We're here for you.  hugs and love, nani
 hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
mawmaw
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 5:14am »

Thanks so much to you all and a happy new year to you. I went out of town to visit my son and his family. I just got back today. It helped to get a change of scene for a few days. I know in my head that  I can make it through this, but my heart is not so sure.

Huggs to you all,
Cindy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss