Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 4:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Want to experiance cluster headaches? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Want to experiance cluster headaches?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Want to experiance cluster headaches?  (Read 1577 times)
Think
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Want to experiance cluster headaches?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That's my first posting here - I too am the partner of a person who has been suffering from CH for almost two decades. It's been very tough at times, as you all know. I am feeling sorry for the person I live with, yet, by the same token, I  feel resentment, because of the violent and uncontrollable anger outbursts due to sleep deprivation and the meds.  It, occasionally, gets really scary to the point that I have to fear for my life.  

I can only imagine how  CH-sufferers feel -  yet, that horrible pain does not, imho, give them the right, to destroy everybody around them. Forgive my naivety, but, instead of blaming one another or giving in to what the neurologists tell you, why can't we all work together (how many CH-sufferers are there all over the world?) and force both the pharmaceutical companies and the medical society to have a closer look at, and invest more in CH-research?  
Think (and act)!

IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 2:11pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2006, 1:56pm, Think wrote:
It, occasionally, gets really scary to the point that I have to fear for my life.  

I can only imagine how  CH-sufferers feel -  yet, that horrible pain does not, imho, give them the right, to destroy everybody around them.

No, it does not give them the right to destroy ANYBODY around them, Think!!  If you're fearing for your life, you need to take positive action to ensure your own safety.  Your partner needs to take responsibility for their actions and should NEVER cause you to feel fear, especially because of cluster headaches.  That's just not right. Sad

Hugs to you, Think - please stay safe.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2006, 2:12pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
minnie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

my greatest joys are my daughters April & Beth

MSNMSGR-me.minnie.7053@hotmail  
Email

« Reply #27 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 2:14pm »

Think,
  I just want to let you know about a great organization called OUCH.  It's the Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches.It's is worldwde and Started by many sufferers right here on this board.They have many projects going to educate Sufferes,Doctors and pharmacutical companies.Please visit the site become a member and if you have can provide one of the many volunteer services needed that would be great.heres the link to the U.S. site ......
http://www.ouch-us.org/
 and a link to their newsletter
http://www.ouch-us.org/newsletters/newsletters.shtml
   Minnie
 P.S. OUCH membership  free
IP Logged

Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Think, Does your sufferer soend time here
« Reply #28 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 2:28pm »

...and do you spend time interacting on the supporters board?  It sounds like you both need a lot of help and support and it is all here for you, as are we.  

Wishing you find what you need and the both of you many pain free days and nights (PFDAN)  

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #29 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 1:56pm »

I will take suffering over the pain of watching a loved one go through this any day.  I know both sides.  Wink
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 3:24pm »

Yes, you do.  Hugs to you, Thomas.  You're a star - you and Gena both are.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #31 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:42pm »

on Feb 7th, 2006, 3:24pm, Margi wrote:
Yes, you do.  Hugs to you, Thomas.  You're a star - you and Gena both are.  

No, not me.  I'm just in a supporting role.  You're a star, dear.  Kiss
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss