Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK NOW.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK NOW..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK NOW..  (Read 458 times)
Davids Lady
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

happyfacetoo  

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK NOW..
« on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 8:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sad  I wrote a few days ago about trying to learn about this monster.  Now there is something else I have to learn about.  My boyfriend told me about this thing where he loses contact with reality, thus the tunnel or daze.  He said it is like a "runners high"????? It is do to all drugs????  First the pain....to adrendlin.....to saturation to heart beat to blood pump to heat.....to energy and then the body is saturated with it.......really confused.......

He told me that there is one common denominator, that he will act like a drunk.........I am totally confused about this, HELP.......... I guess I don't understand anything.......

Lauana
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK NOW..
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 9:08am »

Hi Lauana,

When is the last time he had his blood levels measured?
I ask this because you had mentioned that he is on Lithium and some other meds which I do not recall.

When I was on Lithium, I developed toxicity which for me entailed, motoric difficulties, slurred speech, confusion and some of the things you described.
Tunnel vision was definitely a part of it too!!!

It is possibly a reaction and he needs to have his levels measured.  

I'm not a doctor but it sounds too familiar.

Good luck and hang in there!!!!!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Davids Lady
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

happyfacetoo  

« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 9:21am »

Thanks Eric...I just e-mailed him and quoted you.  Don't know what to do......I get one thing straightened out in my brain and except it then something else comes along...........I guess it is all part of this hellish game the headaches play.....

How frustrating it must be for the sufferers, when all you want is a normal life........I will try to help give that to him.......

Lauana
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:02am »

You are a doll!!!!!
Please take care of yourself too!
I know that WE can run you guys down as well and sometimes in life love is not enough.
So you must take care of yourself so that it does not become the utmost burden and resentment does not build up.
Help him yes but help him help himself too!
If you like, you can have him e-mail me privately.

Best,

Eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:04am »

I agree with Eric here - he should tell his doctor about this.  Certainly not often reported by clusterheads.  My husband is totally exhausted after an attack and can sometimes find golden sleep at that point but...no, nothing like you mention.

You say he's on lithium and a bunch of other meds....real important to find out what they are.  Lithium can be combined with verapamil and cluster patients are often prescribed Imitrex as an abortive.  He may also be on prednisone but only for a short time, hopefully. I'd sure be pushing him to report this "drunk" symptom to his doctor and FAST.  It very well could be a sign of toxicity as Eric says.  Lithium isn't a drug that should be taken lightly and he should be getting his blood tested regularly!
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Davids Lady
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

happyfacetoo  

« Reply #5 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:13am »

He mentioned to me last night that he won't be able to really sleep till June.  That by the end of this cycle and till he assures himself that it is save to sleep.  Can't amagine what that is like with hardly any sleep.....

I will tell him what everyone has said.....He seems knowledgeable about everything but who knows.....things change offend.....I guess.....  Tbanks Eric for the offer for him to e-mail you privately..... I will tell him.....

Lauana
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:39am »

He is obviously fearing sleep!!

Have him (ofcourse talk to doc Wink have to put in disclaimer) try MELATONIN....

He may just find that it helps him take back the night Smiley
IP Logged

Space in-between them
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 7:45pm »

hey lauana, how are YOU doing?

you seem to have a lot on your plate just now!!!!

please remember to take care of you too!!!!

mrs mac xxx
IP Logged
Davids Lady
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

happyfacetoo  

« Reply #8 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 8:51pm »

Undecided How am I doing well.................He wrote me an e-mail and said that everyone is not the same and the drugs work different on everyone.  He had his blood levels checked and they were OK.  He said that the Lit left poisons in the system.......He is a proud man and doesn't want anyone around, period when he gets into these moods.......(Think he is a hard headed man, hahaha) All I have been doing is reassuring him that I will be there for him......He said that no one ever bothered to research like I do, about what he is going through.......So I am glad that I am here for him, 24/7 for as long as he wants.
Lauana
IP Logged
greatsupporter
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 11:40pm »

Hi, my name is Matt and my boyfriend is a suffer of cluster headaches, he has been getting them for the past five years.  I was wondering if there is anything I can do, or help him try that might help break his cycle. We are now going on four weeks.
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 5:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

before I started on any meds after an attack I would get a feeling of euphoria. Alot of days it is what carried me through the workday. It was never a drunk feeling, more like a rush..........
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss