Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Medical Treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Medical Treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Medical Treatment  (Read 519 times)
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

Medical Treatment
« on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[/color][color=Maroon]I am sure that this is in this site somewhere but thought I would ask anyway.  I am the mother of a ch victim.  He is 35, works very hard, even through hits.  I honestly don't know how he does it.  Unfortunately, he does not have benefits with his job.  Therefore, everytime he seeks medical treatment it is a large chunk out of pocket and the end result is nothing.  Maybe a few pain pills but nothing preventative or even the least bit helpful.  Docs just get that glazed look in their eyes and write a script for pain meds.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a shortcut to maybe someone helpful?  It would be nice or him to be able to try a script for 02.  Is there anyway to get 02 without a script?  Any suggestions are welcome.  I am just so happy that I found a place with others who can understand.  Thanks to everyone for everything.

A sad mom
Louise
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Medical Treatment
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:39am »

Hi Louise. I'm sorry about your son.  Sad  Thanks for being a good supporter, we all really appreciate good supporters.

It's possible to use welding oxygen, as it's pure oxygen. Look over on the left at the oxygen info link. It will give you info on the proper regulator and mask. PM Mr Happy for more info if you need to. He's one of the experts.  

I have found the most consistent relief with non medical treatments. Look at this thread about kudzu, an OTC supplement (be sure to read all the threads linked in it, too):
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362

There's another treatment that works very well for me and many others. It's not for everybody, but it's worth reading about.
Visit:
www.clusterbusters.com

I hope I've been helpful. Pain free wishes to your son and thank you, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:56am »

Sorry Louise that your son are suffering like this with no medication.  As a mother, the hardest thing to do is to watch your child suffer and unable to provide relief.

Nani's advise is good.  You being there means a lot.
It is hard to go through this condition without support but here you will find support for yourself as well.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

you can get welders O2 at a welding supply company, the bottles run less than 100 dollars a year and the refills are 15 dollars each. The script O2 ( same stuff ) would cost me 250 dollars a month because it is a service, and they can get away with it................
IP Logged
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 1:48pm »

Much thanks to all responders.  I am going to give the welders 02 a shot and order the proper mask.  At this point I am willing to help him try anything.  I don't know how my son or any victim of ch goes on day to day.  I can't imagine a pain any worse than I see him go thru.  My best to all sufferers.  Cures are being found for all kinds of conditions.  Maybe we need an Rx lobbyist to bring this condition to the forefront.  I only say this because I used to be a lobbyist.  As much as I dislike most of them, it can be effective.  Maybe we could get Oprah to work on it.

Thanks again
A Loving Mother - Louise
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 4:06pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2006, 1:48pm, ABarham wrote:
 I am going to give the welders 02 a shot e

DO NOT tell the people at the supply house that someone is going to breath the 02, for insurance reasons they will not rent to you.

.......................jonny
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22nd, 2006, 5:23pm »

Jonny is correct.  

Whenever I got a welding tank refilled and they asked what it was for, I told them I was using it for  growing plants in water.  Hydroponics.  They NEVER questioned me.

Linda  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23rd, 2006, 9:19am »

Thanks Linda and Jonny:  This site has been a God send.  I wish there was a way to get Adam to the Convention in July.  But if anyone in or around Columbia, SC wants to get together we would welcome the opportunity.  For so long we have felt alone and had no understanding even from those close to us.  His father and I are really the only ones who know what he goes through.  Thanks again for the info.
Louise
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 22nd, 2006, 1:48pm, ABarham wrote:
Maybe we need an Rx lobbyist to bring this condition to the forefront.  I only say this because I used to be a lobbyist.  As much as I dislike most of them, it can be effective.  

http://www.ouch-us.org/index.shtml
The Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches (O.U.C.H.)

OUCH can sure use your experiance, please consider joining.
IP Logged
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:52am »

Thanks Maffumatt.  I have now joined under my son's name with me as the supporter.  I look forward to being an active part of this wonderful family.
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
tessa_c2
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 6th, 2006, 4:52pm »

hi abarham

i live in sc. it great that your standing by your son.  are you thinking about going to the meet and greet.
IP Logged

"if you didnt define yourself for yourself, you'd be crunched into other peoples fantasies of you and be eaten alive" audre lorde
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss