Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Living in Altitude in connection w/ CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Living in Altitude in connection w/ CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Living in Altitude in connection w/ CH  (Read 428 times)
whitelj24
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Living in Altitude in connection w/ CH
« on: Mar 24th, 2006, 12:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Obviously there are CH sufferers who do not live in altitude. Does anyone think though that there is a connection to living in altitude (with less oxygen). I live in Denver and wonder if moving to lower altitude could help my husband?
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Living in Altitude in connection w/ CH
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 12:22pm »

I would think that getting your husband a prescription for oxygen would be a whole lot cheaper than moving and relocating to sea level.  Oxygen is a wonderful cluster abortive - read the oxygen button to the left.

For what it's worth, my husband has lived at sea level on the East Coast of Canada, also in Ontario (higher than sea level) and now in Alberta - we're in the Rockies here too.  Absolutely no difference in cluster activity in any one of the three places.  Sorry, I know as a supporter, we try to think of everything that could be causing our sufferers pain.  Popular theory is that they are born with different tissue in their hypothalmus, than in non-cluster people.  It's not environmental, therefore.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
whitelj24
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 12:32pm »

Well that is what I do and don't want to hear. I'd love to think that moving to sea level (he grew up in Flordia and has only ever had his clusters in altitude) would cure him. On the other hand, we love where we live. We were in Florida last week (in the middle of his cycle) and he didn't experience one headache...and he was drinking a lot of beer on the trip. He hasn't had but two beers in Denver since his cycle began in Jan, and they both sent him into terrible headaches.  

weird and unexplainable...but we already know that about these, don't we?

Does your husband have a genetic link at all? My  husband's great-uncle suffers as well.

And the oxygen prescription is suppose to come to our house today. PLEASE, I hope it does. the prednisone, verapamil, ambien, etc etc etc is just not cutting it.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 5:25pm »

Yes, we think there is a genetic connection in my husband's family - we believe his dad had cluster.  However, he was never diagnosed and died at a young age (51) of lung cancer that may have metastisized to his brain, so we're only going on what Mike remembers of his dad (sitting in his bedroom, head in hands, rocking and crying, then would be fine in an hour).  

Mike's had a similar thing happen, with a mid-cycle remission, when he had to do a quick trip away for a week to Ontario.  He was able to have beer when he was there and not get hit, but couldn't when he got back home again - it could have been the drastic altitude fluctuations of the plane rides that threw his cycle off, maybe - we don't know.  

Good luck with the oxygen - let us know how it works!
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 5th, 2006, 2:08pm »

I lived in Denver in the early 90s, and in Florida at sea level since 1998, with no change in my cluster episodes. That's just me, though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss