Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need help from the supporters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Need help from the supporters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need help from the supporters  (Read 708 times)
jenrob2006
New Board Junior
USA 

AAAHHH!  Make it stop!

burgess761  
WWW Email

Need help from the supporters
« on: Jul 13th, 2006, 2:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been suffering for over 15 years now.  My nine year old daughter has grown up seeing this, so she knows no different.  I met my now-husband a year and a half ago in the middle of a three year remissions.  First ever but I hope not last.  We were married in April and my cycle started in May.  I am scaring him out of his mind.  I can tell he is freaking out, but not saying anything.  I need help as to not let this affect us.  I do not know what it feels like to be on the other side of this monster.  Please give me some advice on how to keep from overloading him with this.  He has been awesome and doing whatever I need.  At first he was getting up with me everynight until I told him that there was really nothing he could do and to go back to sleep so he would not be exhausted for work.  

Thank you.
IP Logged

Half of all profits made from purchases made at http://my.tupperware.com/jengasperson will go to O.U.C.H.
Making a difference has to start with "me"
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Need help from the supporters
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 3:27pm »

It is hard feeling like we make them feel that way.

You can have him check out the supporters board.

My wife visits here occasionally.

The best way that I know is to have your spouse educated thus empowered and to let them know every moment howmuch they are appreciated.

Hugs to you and I'm sure others will come around that are "supporters"
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 5:34pm »

My ex girlfriend was the first to see me suffer, We actually went through my first attack and cycle with no idea what was going on. I was told from my pop and sis who suffer migraines that I may have ch's. I took Julie with me to Kaiser and was diagnosed pretty quickly what I had, CH's. She has been with me through every attack at home, she miised the ones at work. She was my ice girl, we always had a bowl of ice water in the fridge and a cold rag ready to go. I was lucky and had 5 years pf until about 1 1/2 years ago and am waiting for another cycle to hit, hope it doesn't. I dread the beasts arrival as I am alone now and after 10 years of being with Julie she finally got smart and left me. I think the more your guy is involved he will learn when to help and when to step back.
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 1:43am »

Jen.  He's here on line and doing the best he can to understand.  All he can do is make sure you have access to what you need and then keep out of the way unless you ask for help.  And like E-Dub says, let him know every possible minute how much you appreciate him.   I don't know what to tell you, except he is a good man and you two are good together.  A lot of sufferers have had long marriages so that also means a lot of supportive spouses have had long marriages.

You'd like to ease his mind and he'd like to ease your suffering, and there is a lot of room for frustration when that doesn't happen.  I wish you the best of luck.  

You asked for help from supporters, and it looks like you got responses from headache people who are also supporters but not yet the ones you possibly expected.

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2006, 12:54pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 10:03pm »

Jen/Rob,

I am my husband's supporter.  I met him after he knew he had cluster headaches.  
The way I help is I go and get him a new oxygen bottle when he runs out mid attack,  I had to track down a new oxygen prescription for him while he was working.....You know stuff.  I also have to understand when he does not make it to bed for months on end or if he is really tired and a little grumpy or if he a little unwilling to go into different social situations because of the oxygen use......
He understands when I go to bed because I have to go to work at 4:30am.  We just love each other the best we can like any other coupleSmiley
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss