Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Chiropractic? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Chiropractic?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chiropractic?  (Read 766 times)
Empathy1
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Chiropractic?
« on: Aug 24th, 2006, 5:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,  

I'm fairly new here, have looked around before but not written.

I'm somewhat of a supporter, once-removed.  Because this person is only a friend, not a romantic relationship or someone I see on a daily basis.

I have recently found this really good chiropractor, and asked him if he's heard of people getting relief from chiropractic care (of course, he said, "yes.)

I am considering recommending this to my friend.  He has been suffering for some 15 years, so it is fairly safe to presume he's tried everything out there (currently, seems to be sticking to oxygen and narcotics)...

However, he has also recently told me that he has had migraines (unfortunately, a harbinger of the clusters this spring), that his back "goes out" occasionally, and also that he's recently developed some new allergies.  

His age is 50...I don't buy the "this is the normal stuff of aging" argument.  I hate to know he is suffering, and knowing that a new "season" will soon be here, I'd like to offer him whatever help I can...
any suggestions?

Trying to be a good friend,
K
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: Chiropractic?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 5:15pm »

Chiro is a waste of time and money in my opinion.

I was chronic for 31 years and saw one for 6 months.....nothing!!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 6:18pm »

Welcome Empathy, I wish I had more friends like you!
I hope your friend knows how lucky he is to have someone as caring as you looking out for him.
Take care
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 8:16pm »

I see a chiropractor somewhat regularly (3 or 4 times/year), and I asked her if she thought she could affect my cluster headaches. She said she thought so, so I asked how long it would take. She said 3x/week for 4 weeks. Since I was conducting an experiment I said, "go for it."

I believe chiropractic can help a number of maladies, but I found out that cluster headache isn't one of 'em. My back and neck sure felt good, though. Wink
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Empathy1
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25th, 2006, 11:07am »

Thanks for your replies!

Thanks for the sweet words, LeLimey...I'm not sure if he appreciates it, but he has opened up to me in a way I think he rarely does with others, so maybe that's an indication.

Johnny...yeah, I went to chiropractors for years, for joint pain and whatnot, and got absolutely nowhere, and sometimes worse pain than before...until I happened upon this guy, who seems to know what he's talking about, and has an interest in educating people.  I'm much more likely to trust businesses and practitioners who educate consumers.

brewcrew - That's sort of what I was figuring...even if he can't get better with the clusters, maybe he can get some relief (I don't even want to imagine a cluster combined with back pain and allergies!)

Thanks again, I appreciate your responses!! Cheesy

K
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25th, 2006, 11:20am »

Nope. I have never read anything here that has ever said that Cluster Headache can remedied with Chiropractic. Many people seem to get relief from other conditions with chiro's but not CH.

But, you will still find chiropractors who claim that they can solve, cure or remedy clsuter headaches with chiropractic techniques. I always hope that a chiropractor who makes this kind of claim gets some justice later in their life.  

Save your friend a bunch of money and make sure they have a ready Oxygen supply, or maybe for their birthday buy them a "Clustermasx"(www.clustermasx.com).  That would be a great gift!!!!! But don't recommend they go in for an adjustment   Undecided

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Empathy1
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25th, 2006, 2:16pm »

Thanks...I added the site to my list of "favorites..." and, it's in my price range!  Cool...

Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss