Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Appeal Insurance Denials »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Appeal Insurance Denials
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Appeal Insurance Denials  (Read 582 times)
chawleyaz
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Appeal Insurance Denials
« on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband suffers from cluster headaches and has been to this site seeking help.  He told me that many of the postings complain that their insurance will not cover the medications you need to get relief.

If you don't know, and you should have been told by your insurance carrier, you have the right to appeal any denial of coverage for your medical needs.  I work for the state Department of Insurance and the laws in my state give you certain rights to appeal any denial of care or treatment.

Your insurance company should provide you with the information on how to appeal a denial of treatment.  If they have not given you this information, contact your local department of insurance and file a health care appeal or a complaint against your insurance company.  

You can find your state's website or contact information by going to the following link.  http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm  Click on the link for your state and look for information on health care appeals or how to file a complaint.  

It may be worded differently for each state, and the laws may be different, but most states require that an insurance company provide you with the right to appeal a denial of coverage.  

In some instances you can request an expedited review and they are required to review your situation and make a determination of coverage with specific timeframes.

Good luck and God bless.

If you need more information, email us at jemmybloocher1@gmail.com and we will try to answer your questions.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Appeal Insurance Denials
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 9:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thank you so much for this post, I'm sure it will be very helpful to many people!
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss