Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 7:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HI everyone.  Guess who's back! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   HI everyone.  Guess who's back!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HI everyone.  Guess who's back!  (Read 551 times)
helpless23
New Board Old Timer
USA 

HI everyone.  Guess who's back!
« on: Nov 21st, 2006, 7:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,

After a much needed break from everything and everyone, I'm sad to say that I'm in need once again for your help and support.

Ken has gotten attacked by the beast once again after being 3 years out of it and the worst part about it is that they are worse then ever.  Of course, we're doing Verapamil therapy, got a new neurologist and have Imitrex, but being they hit him in his sleep mostly, Imitrex is out and Insurance company being @#$%! once again.  What a surprise. Not much has changed here.

His headaches are intensifying more and more every night and they come at the same  hour every night to where he's getting very little sleep (4-6 hour per WEEK) and he's afraid to go to sleep or take the Imitrex even, in fear that he will need it the next day, there will be no refill and nothing to aleviate the pain.

Last night he was in the bathroom banging the cabinet doors, running water on his hands and face, almost vomiting and found himself trying to find comfort on the cold tile in the bathroom.

I'm at a loss, once again. Don't know what to do. I hate sitting here knowing what he's going through and not being able to even offer a comforting word or even the last Imitrex in my purse becuase I know he won't take it. So here we go again.  I'm so over this it's not even funny.  Today marks an earlier hit as I sit here looking for something, ANYTHING to make the pain go away while he's in the bed suffering. It breaks my heart, but I don't need to tell any of you that.  You all know the beast well.

What I'm wondering is has there been anything new that is found for relief. I don't have the time or energy to read through the site and all the posts, so I'm looking for a quick answer.

Just in time for the #$%@! holidays.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Toni
IP Logged
crftymom
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Proud wife of a Navy Man!!

Email

Re: HI everyone.  Guess who's back!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 7:53pm »

Hi Toni.  I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling.  I have heard that a lot of people are seeing some relief by downing a Redbull.  Hope that helps,  someone who knows more will be along soon.  Hang in there.  You are doing great just by seeking out help.  
IP Logged
Barak
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 3:51pm »

i can vouch for the red bull. i keep several in my fridge and it only works if you chug them as soon as possible and as fast as possible and i think them being really cold helps to. if you find yourself having trouble downing it all in one gulp cause of the burn lol which you prolly wont care about you can always leave them opened in the fridge and that takes the edge off. it doesnt work all the time but enough for me a 16 year old to keep using and they didnt work at first either i had to give it three days. if you have any quesitons about them feel free to message me. good luck to you both and for the medical stuff ill leave to the adults here. i wish you both many pf days because i know all to well the pain both of you are in.  hope this helps some.  
Barak
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2006, 3:53pm by Barak » IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:18pm »

Hi again, Toni!wave

hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss