Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What can I do? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   What can I do?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What can I do?  (Read 2267 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: What can I do?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 10:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Please don't take Eric the wrong way L,

Hes a great guy, and he lays it on the line...sort of out resident Dr, Phil, though he'l hate me for aying that.  He's the ..."See the bear shit...smell it,.. it's Bear shit dude, deal with it" sort of guy.  He doesn't mince words, and he cuts to the chase.    

He really is trying to help...don't bail on this place....

it's the most comprehensive education you'll get anywhere.    

Saved my life, and I'm not joking.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
lovehim

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't expect special treatment or for any of you to think anything of the fact that I am a nurse.  Yes, there it is again.  If anything, I wanted it to be clear how clueless I was/am about CH despite the fact that I am an BSN, RN.  (yep, there it is again)  Obviously, I rub some of you the wrong way.  Our goal however is to be CH free, not manage them or deal with them.  Besides the role of preventative meds such as Lithium is to prevent the headaches from happening.  
Surgery is not an option without concrete evidence that there is compression of the nerve and even then not our definite choice.  The meds are just making things worse.  We're going to try acupuncture and a nutritionist, absolutely I agree that less invasive is better.  I'm just not sure chemicals are the way to go either, FOR US.  If it works for you, awesome.
My apologies to E-Double.  All my strength is going to my guy and that doesn't leave me much to deal with myself.  I am incredibly sorry and hope the best for you and your family.
So, I'm sorry that I am what I am.  It really only makes me question medicine more.  But I do know the same things don't work for everyone.
Sorry I had to drag you into my mess.  I appreciate what you've done and will ask for nothing more.
And, by the way, he is not my hubby.
Thanks again.
Good night and good luck!
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 1:19am »

Huh
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 7:39pm »

My turn,  Ch is what it is and though all of us would love for our dear husbands/partners to be CH free, the cycle has to run its course.  If you follow the directions of some very experienced chronic suffers ( some of whom have become eposodic due to their perserverence) you both may have some great success.  You will probably lessen the severity and frequency of the attacks but nothing including surgery will cure CH.  I am sorry to tell you that.  When I came her 6+ years ago I was looking for a cure for my hubby.  What happened was that we found a family of people that share our pain.  My husband hasn't had a cycle where he has felt alone or the panic that he once felt.  Most neurologists only have a few sufferers if at all.  Your Neuro could learn alot by coming to this site also.  We are all willing to expose our ideas.  Good luck.  You are coming accross a little impatient and I can understand your impatience.  As Margi said if your husband has true CH., and unless your doc can re shape the hypothalumus... then surgery is a waste of time as well as a dangerous chance to take...
God bless, Welcome and pull up a chair.  CH owns us, though I admire your confidence, your hubby is in the peak of a cycle and it will get worse before it gets better unless you take some advice from our family here.
Ree (supporter of Dave for 20 years in Nov 87)

ps I noticed you said you will ask nothing more please ask your hubby/friend to come here then maybe he can be an advocate for his own medical treatment.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2006, 7:41pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 7:59pm »

on Dec 29th, 2006, 12:49am, lovehim wrote:
Our goal however is to be CH free, not manage them or deal with them.  

LMMFAO!!!! Grin

Im sorry, but I just have to laugh at that.......will someone please tell this person that just deleted her life line, that there is NO cure for CH?

If your still reading lady, you can either manage and deal with the pain or..........YOU dont want to go there!

Smarten the fuck up!!!!

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss