Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 11:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Empathetic Son »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Empathetic Son
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Empathetic Son  (Read 551 times)
darken435
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Empathetic Son
« on: Dec 21st, 2006, 3:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am the son of a 47 year sufferer, my mom. She was diagnosed with CH's in September. She has headaches everyday since then. I'm worried about her.. I'm afriad she's chronic.

I can't express how much I love her, and how utterly helpless I feel to help her. I didn't realize the gravity of the situation until I came to this website and read up on the headaches. She and my dad have a tendancy to downplay them, and for a long while I though they were no worse than a simple headache, not even as bad as a migraine, now I know better.  

She overdosed on a medication a few weeks ago and almost died. Last week she had to call 911 to have the paramedics take her away from a bowel obstruction caused by all the medications she's taking.

I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about her, and how much much pain she must be in. My heart bursts with sorrow, and I get teary eyed everytime I think about her. Shes so sweet and dear to me, she doesn't deserve this. She's never smoked, never drank, she eats good, and exercises, I thought she'd be healthy for decades.  

How can I cope with this? What can I do to help myself accept it and not obsess over it. What can I do to help her?
IP Logged
lovehim

Email

Re: Empathetic Son
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 3:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What is she taking?
IP Logged
Broken
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 3:46pm »

Hang in there my new friend. First of all, welcome. Glad you found us and sorry you have to be here. Read some of the posts here like 101: SUPPORTIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR KIDS! and How to be a GREAT supporter. They're a big help. Talk to the people here and give as much infromation as you can. The more they know the better. I know supporting can be a b*tch but hang in there. I'm 14 and have 3 sufferers so I know exactly where you're at. That's all I can say for now. Give me a shout if you need to talk, b*tch, whin, or otherwise. I'm always here and ready to help. Hope this helps!

Broken
IP Logged

Holding on his hand, when every second of everyday I feel like letting go.

You hurt me before.Never again.I won't give up and I sure as h*ll won't let you win!

My Poems and Stories at:http://www.quizilla.com/users/hiddeninsight/stuff/
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:58pm »

What a great guy you are!!!!!!

I may have read this wrong, but are you saying your Mom has been a sufferer for 47 years and was only diagnosed in Sept.????

As to what you can do to help, you can let us know what she takes to abort an attack or uses as a preventative.  Pure oxygen is a life-saver for about 70% of us here and it won't have the side-effects you mention that she's going through.  It's cheap and it's safe.

Being a supporter is a hard place to be and we, who suffer,  have nothing but respect and admiration for you guys.  You can suggest the 02 to her as well as drinking strong coffee or energy drinks that are out there like Red Bull or any of the others. The caffeine constricts the arteries and vessels which is what is needed during an attack as those vessels swell up to 20 times their normal size.  Ice packs to the head helps too.

Having a son who doesn't dismiss the pain these bring, who is so loving and caring as you are, who is asking questions and doing research on her behalf....is probably more help than anything else you could do.

Kudos  and a high=five to you.  Now try to find out what she has taken and whether it worked or not and please get back to us and we will see what we can do to help.

None of us are Dr.s here but between us all we have thousands of years of experience with this condition.

Linda  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss