Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi Ya »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Hi Ya
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi Ya  (Read 1648 times)
spanish
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Ya
« on: Jun 30th, 2007, 3:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Peeps Grin

I have just registered on this site, my hubby is a CH sufferer and a member already.
I have been reading all the posts on here for the last few days, and i thought i would contribute as well.
He has been going through a rough patch for the last 7 months, it puts all my aches and pains into perspective when i see him having an attack, and wishing i could do something to help him, although he says i do help him by just being there, but i feel helpless.
Before i met him i had never heard of cluster headaches, but i do know about them now Shocked, and up untill our honey moon in april i had never seen him have an attack without anything to abort it, it scared me to death, he uses o2 but because we were in mexico we couldnt take it with us, we  managed to get the nasal sprays while we were there but they are'nt as effective as the injections.
He has had all the usual drugs from the doctors, and other stuff which worked well up untill 7 months ago, o2 is still his prefered course of action, but because it was getting him down he went to the doctors the other day and got some amiltripyline, he had never heard of it as a preventative, has anyone else?
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: Hi Ya
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30th, 2007, 4:10pm »

HI Spanish!

Welcome aboard!! I am glad you are here and I also thankful because you are truly a great supporter, we (sufferers) need our supporters so much to help us handle our terrible condition.

Your Husband is very lucky to have you by his side!

refering to your question, no I have never heard of that particular medicine, I add a lnk to a website that gives a little info about this medicine, hope it helps you some...

http://www.medicinenet.com/amitriptyline/article.htm

Later others will come and maybe someone has more info and can give you a better answer.

Thanks again for being there for him!  Grin

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30th, 2007, 5:05pm »

Hi Spanish. You help him in more ways than you would ever know. Nice to meet you. Wife Angie will be along here shortly after she gets home from work.

thumbsup to all you supporters!

Barry
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30th, 2007, 9:41pm »

I'm no doc, but from what i recall amitriptyline is usually used as a migraine preventative. Sometimes, it is given to help with sleep as well.

it is also used for general neurological pain management.
IP Logged
spanish
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 1st, 2007, 11:12am »

Hi ya Rosy
Thanks for the link i have just checked it out.
He has been taking the amitryptaline since Thursday, and so far he has been sleeping a bit better, but still getting hit, but as we all know it could just be a coincidence that he is sleeping better, but what seems to be happning now is that he is not waking up quick enuff to abort the hits with o2 so he is having to use the injections as well, which he hates doing, but needs must, we will see how it goes over the next few days.
thankyou for the other replies as well Grin
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 1st, 2007, 11:33am »

Hi, he may try melatonin, it works with night hits.

Hope he feels better soon!  Smiley
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Angie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 1st, 2007, 7:43pm »

Nice to Meet you.

Yes, I feel helpless as a supporter as well. But I know that he will get through it.

Be the best supporter you can be. Smiley

IP Logged
spanish
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 1:30pm »

Hi ya Rosy
He had tried melatonin b4, a couple of months ago, while we were away, i will suggest it again to him Smiley. he hates taking tablets full stop but i might have to put my foot down Tongue. he had a reasonable night last night and a good day today.....so far.
I dont know if you know of him...his name is zanycheff Grin.
well i best go

Spanish
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss