Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Feeling The Other Kind of Pain Myself »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Feeling The Other Kind of Pain Myself
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Feeling The Other Kind of Pain Myself  (Read 861 times)
sassymutter
New Board Newbie
USA 

Home is where the love is!!

sassymutter
Email

Feeling The Other Kind of Pain Myself
« on: Aug 4th, 2007, 12:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was priveleged to meet Jackie in Richmond.  Then my son told me about her posting about The Other Kind of Pain.  This posting has made him cry everytime he reads it.  One of the things that he learned in Richmond was what it was like to be on the other side watching someone else go through a cluster headache.  He got a feel about what his girlfriend and mom have had to go through all these years.  I so relate to Jackie when she prays that God will give her hubby a break and give the pain to her.  I have felt the same so many times.  No mother wants to see their child in pain, no matter how old that child gets.  And to feel so helpless.  But, then to have that child realize what you, as a supporter goes through, is heartbreaking and warming at the same time.   I never thought I would praise God for my son's cluster headaches.  However, after meeting people who have them everyday of their lives and still continue to laugh and live, astounds me.  If my child had to have this demon,  then Thank God that he is episodic and does get a break from them.  I don't know if any of us could handle it if he was chronic.  Thanks for the post Jackie it said an awful lot for a lot of us.  

P.S. You aren't the only chatty old broad around.    Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2007, 12:43am by sassymutter » IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

Re: Feeling The Other Kind of Pain Myself
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 12:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You supporters are a rare breed. Bless you all.
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 8:24am »

Good Morning sassymutter.
Let me begin by saying you are a lovely person, a good Mother and a truely dedicated supporter and advocate for your son.  If I recall correctly is was through your good work that you all attended the convention.   Smiley

There is something so very special about meeting other cluster suffers and supporters.  It makes it less frightening to know none of us are alone....there is safety in numbers.

I hope you and Jimmy feel encouraged after being at the convention and meeting others who can relate.  Jimmy will never be alone again and his Momma won't either.

Thank you and please remember to reach out if you need us.  We have to all hang together....

Much love to you and Jimmy,
Jackie

IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 8:26am »

Sassymutter........A perfect name Grin

It was and is such a pleasure to know you and your son!!!

If there is anything you need please do not ever hesitate to ask.

All our love,

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
sassymutter
New Board Newbie
USA 

Home is where the love is!!

sassymutter
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 5th, 2007, 1:47pm »

Thanks guys.  After the convention, we have learned that there is a lot of help out there and not only do we plan to take advantage of it, but hope we can "pay it forward" and be of help to others too.  We have learned so much.  I am doing all I can traveling around to help spread the work.  I hope and pray that we can reach more and more sufferers and supporters.  They all need to get to know this family!
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 9:46am »

Great Post... sorry I missed going to the convention this year... so true that pain that we endure that wrenching helpless feeling.  I get nervous every time my hubby touches his head.  We are due for a cycle too and that kills me... I cannot even mention CH when it isn't happening... Thanks for the great post...

Im back from vacation if you need me Linda... sorry I wasn't of more help that car accident came with anxiety that I didn't know what to do with.  I saw my doc yesterday and she changed my med... I think Im over shot with the stress... time to destress and come back home where I feel safe...
love you all!
Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 11:33am »

Quote:

Im back from vacation if you need me Linda... sorry I wasn't of more help that car accident came with anxiety that I didn't know what to do with

Not to worry Ree.  I saw you post that and decided not to bother you right now.

Sassymutter,  I cannot tell you how happy I was to see you show up in Richmond.  

You and Jim are a treasure and one of the things Jim said to me there,  was that he wanted to 'pay it forward' too.  I am all for that,  but I also know that first he needs to take care of his treatment, get the correct meds that will do him the most good, etc.   When he can see the light at the end of the tunnel himself...is when he will do the most good for others.    

Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss