Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « SINGLE MOM NEEDS HELP, GUIDANCE, SUPPORTS, EVERYTH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   SINGLE MOM NEEDS HELP, GUIDANCE, SUPPORTS, EVERYTH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: SINGLE MOM NEEDS HELP, GUIDANCE, SUPPORTS, EVERYTH  (Read 1475 times)
tessistired
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tesslovescoffee   tesslovesthecafe
Email

SINGLE MOM NEEDS HELP, GUIDANCE, SUPPORTS, EVERYTH
« on: Nov 12th, 2007, 2:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all!  I am Tess and a clusterhead for 6yrs chronic.  I am going to try to explain what I am feeling and going thru today the best I can so please bare with me ok.  I have 2 young children,  my son is 10 and my daughter is 6 and they are wonderful kids.  Very loving and passionate and caring and of course have the displeasure of seeing their mom battle with ch daily.  I wake them up in the middle of the night with my sobbing usually twice a night.  Some nights better than others and its just once or if we are really lucky I can be real quiet and not wake them up at all.  Point is my lack of sleep rubs off on them and we need to get up early in the am so they can get to school.  Since the school yr started there have been mornings they have been tardi because we have overslept...we each have our own alarm clocks too!!  They go to bed between 8 and 9pm so I dont think thats too late.  My kids try so hard to comfort me and take care of me especially during a hit.  They like to brush my hair and kiss my head and say "I'm sorry you have a real Bad headache" .    My kids were a half hour late to school this am because we all overslept and I got a phone call from the principal about them being late so much.  I tried to explain to him why and about my headaches and what they were and he didnt seem to get it and responded to me as if I was just using them as an excuse.  Or maybe I was just reading him wrong Im not sure.  He is working with me to try to resolve my kids being late by them possibly taking the bus so we will see.  But Is there a certain website I can go to print out info to give the principal and their teachers so they understand because my explaining isnt doing the job...they seem to not believe me...like I am exaggerating.  I have just been so depressed and trying my best to take care of my kids as a single mom with no physical family support.  Dad is out of the picture and my parents are in NY and all the rest of my kids family is in another state.  So I am just plain ol doing the best I can without going crazy.  So if any other single parent or any parent for that matter has any suggestions, help, advice, prayers, for me...I would soooooo appreciate it!!

Thank you and God Bless you all!!

Tess
IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

Re: SINGLE MOM NEEDS HELP, GUIDANCE, SUPPORTS, EVE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/colleagueletter.htm
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12th, 2007, 9:02pm »

That is a wonderful suggestion.

Have you tried high doses of melatonin 9-12 mg to help though the night?

It has been a miracle for many.

Check with your doctor but it may be something worth attempting so that you all can sleep and be PF
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2007, 8:01pm »

Tess,

I am so sorry you and the kids are going through this.  I would also provide him this site - the intro for new visitors is pretty explanatory (in addition to the O.U.C.H. letter which link was provided earlier).

The melatonin is a good suggestion.  I don't know what meds you're taking - but they're obviously not working.  Have you tried the Kudzu as well?

When hubby was first diagnosed with CH  (turns out he's chronic too), we found this place, and put him on a magnesium/calcium supplement, he started taking the Kudzu, and we added a taurine supplement and melatonin (15mg a night).  This really helped tune down the hits - both the frequency and intensity.  For many, it helps them actually sleep through the night.

For hubby, the melatonin helped him get to sleep.  We ended up adding valerian to help him stay asleep.  No one's discussed it here, but it apparently acts on different receptors.

Also, quite a few clusterheads use benadryl to help with the sleep problem, and apparently it works for many.  Didn't work for hubby - but it's worth a try if you haven't yet.

Most importantly, I'm glad you found this site.  Just having a community of people to help support you through this horrible affliction may help.

Hang in there!  There is SO MUCH to learn here - I hope you find a combo that works for you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Laurie
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2007, 8:01pm by Garys_Girl » IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss