Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just an update on DH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Just an update on DH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just an update on DH  (Read 1718 times)
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Just an update on DH
« on: Feb 25th, 2008, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wow, last couple of days have been like being in that movie "Night of the living dead"  Embarassed

Dave's attacks ramped up to 9/10 the last couple of days with last night being one of the worse so far.  I think it lasted about 45 minutes total with shadowing before and after.  Drank massive amounts of coffee and paced for a long time.

He had an appt. with his cardiologist today and we were hoping for an O2 presciption.  No luck, cardio man said to go see neuro man.   Nuero man can't see us until June  Angry

One positive is that after lasts night attack he was able to get 5 hours of straight sleep.  Woke up pain free but one hit about 40 minutes after he got up.  That's the longest stretch of sleep he's had in two months.

I'm praying that he is coming to the end of his cycle (if he even has one, we don't know yet since this is the first one).  

Does anyone know the average cycle length for a first timer?  Maybe I should post that as a separate post?

Thanks for listening  Kiss
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

Re: Just an update on DH
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 1:23am »

on Feb 25th, 2008, 11:57pm, scarlet52698 wrote:

Does anyone know the average cycle length for a first timer?  Maybe I should post that as a separate post?

Can't say--I doubt that anyone can.

My first cycle was shorter than subsequent ones (to the best of my recollection--it's been a long time).  

No matter what happens, it happens--that's all.  I'm pretty sure we can get your DH sorted out, though, and help him to deal with these nasty &^%$ in some effective way.  

Hang in there.  He'll make it through.  We all do.

Best wishes,

George

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2008, 1:24am by George_J » IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 5:50am »

Well....damnit!  I was hoping the doc. could give him the 02.  Did he say why no script?

Sometimes the attacks are much worse before the beast gives up.  Let's hope that's the case here.

Hang in there, Sweetie.....like George says, you all will make it through this.

Love,
Jackie

Oh....give me a call if you need....
IP Logged
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:31am »

Thanks George and Jackie  hug

Yeah I was pretty sure he would be the guy was totally against doing anything for it because it wasn't his field.  We had all the print outs you guys posted and everything but he wouldn't budge on it..............@#$#$#@  Angry

Dave got about four hours sleep last night after an attack.  Has been up for about 45 minutes and nothing yet.  Hoping for the best.
IP Logged
Angie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 4th, 2008, 8:42am »

Hi Heather

Is there any way you can get the neuro appointment sooner. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

Keep supporting your husband, he needs all the support you can give him.

We are all here for you and keep strong.  

Hugs to you and your husband hug
IP Logged
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #5 on: May 3rd, 2008, 8:32am »

a normal physician can get you an O2 script too. Getting oxygen is sooooo frustrating.  You'd think we were trying to get alifetimes worth of morphine or something, sheesh!
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2008, 10:42am »

Give up now trying to predict the length of cycles, one of the more frustrating aspects of the condition. They'll go as short as 4 weeks for me, as long as 8 months. Hard to find a rhyme or reason.

Thanks again for all the work you do for him. And I agree with Kayarr, the ^%$^^$$# frustration with getting oxygen, "Ill give you some percocet, fiorinal, darvocet, some codeine, but I'd rather not give you 02, that scares me" ^%&$$  Hello????? Angry

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss