Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Explorer 5.2 for Mac crashes & username probs »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Technical Stuff
   Technical Problems for the Webmaster
(Moderator: DJ)
   Explorer 5.2 for Mac crashes & username probs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Explorer 5.2 for Mac crashes & username probs  (Read 505 times)
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Maybe this is the last one!

Email

Explorer 5.2 for Mac crashes & username probs
« on: Mar 3rd, 2003, 8:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey DJ,
Here's a problem I've had for a long time. When I go certain places on the message board, especially the medications and treatments part (but not only), IE 5.2 crashes. I use System OS 10.2, but Explorer also did this with an earlier version and in System 9.2. It only works reliably with Netscape and I only keep Netscape around for this site, kinda like a can opener. Anyone else with the same problem. It starts to load a page and then I get the message that Explorer suddenly quit (as if I didn't notice!).
Also with Netscape I don't have to sign in. With IE I am signing in and it is telling me that there is no such username. After 3 tries, I come back to it later and it works. When I use Opera 6 for the Mac as my browser, it won't recognize my username at all. Any of this make sense?
IP Logged
iJun G4
New Board Junior

Re: Explorer 5.2 for Mac crashes & username probs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12th, 2003, 6:26pm »

Yup, I get the exact same thing.  My config:

OS X 10.2.6
IE 5.2.2

Mine crashes IE typically just trying to get to the main message board page.  

It's HIGHLY unusual for any web page to crash IE 5.2 for Mac, especially under OS X.  In fact, I can't think of any other web page that does this.

I haven't confirmed the username problem on IE, since it doesn't stay open long enough to find out.

I use Apple's new Safari to get in just for ch.com from home, but it would be nice to see this problem fixed eventually since I would much prefer to use IE.
IP Logged

=====
Clusterheads are warriors who fight unbearable pain every day to stay alive.
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12th, 2003, 6:43pm »

Yep, I fixed this long ago by using Safari for 99% of my browsing. It's painful to go back to IE, except on one of my brokerage pages Safari doesn't draw a table. Since Safari added autofill and tabs, it is the only way to fly!!!!
IP Logged
iJun G4
New Board Junior

« Reply #3 on: Jul 4th, 2003, 2:18am »

Well, I'm not crazy about Safari, esp. since the printing is not anywhere as good as IE.  (Bad colors, can't turn off background=wasting color ink)

I found a workaround for those Mac users still interested in using IE to print; to get to a page you want to print, open as new tab.  The actual URL will appear in the address bar; copy & paste the URL into IE, and it will open without the Ch.com frame.  You can print from there.  This doesn't always work, such as with Search.  

You can also navigate within IE for a while, but once it tries to display the frame it will crash again.

IE 5.2.2
OS X 10.2.6
Safari 1.0
eMac G4 800MHz  
IP Logged

=====
Clusterheads are warriors who fight unbearable pain every day to stay alive.
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 4th, 2003, 10:28am »

Won't comment on the background printing issue, as sometimes I print a page in color, sometimes not. I got Netscatpe 7 just to go to ch.com, but HATE it. Tried Opera, but too many problems and they are bailing from the Mac platform. I spend so much time on the web, that I fell in love with Safari's speeeeeeeeed. When they finally got auto-fill, that sealed the deal for me. Tabs were just icing on the cake.

I.E. 5.2.2
Safari 1.0
Netscape 7
Mac OS 10.2.6
G4 867
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss