Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New board specifically for supporters! (Read 26038 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
New board specifically for supporters!
Feb 14th, 2002 at 10:50pm

So many people have asked previously about adding a special section specifically for those who have to put up with us clusterheads, our supporters.

If you support a husband, wife, son, daughter, loved one, friend, co-worker who had clusters, this section is for you!

Smiley

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
[i][/i][Re: New board specifically for supporters!
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2002 at 10:54pm

oh - VERY COOL, DJ!!!  Thank you SO much for doing this for us!!  K, no peeking - us supporters might say nasty things about youse guys in here.  Again, DJ - this is awesome that you did this.  This totally rocks.  And, one good thing about the new board is that it's REALLY nice to see the webmaster posting again.  You better be careful, dude or folks are gonna start calling you a ClusterGod again.  Tongue
8)

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
Margi Storey  
IP Logged

KarenT
Ex Member

Look,Margi! We've got our own room!
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 8:48am

Grin

I'm still trying to figure all this out. Imagine my surprise when I saw the change...too much work and not enough  'puter gets me waaaaaaaaay behind. I like it anyway.  Wink

IP Logged

minnie
Ex Member

Re: New board specifically for supporters!
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 9:05am

Hi guys i'm happy to see this board.I'm sure it will be busy soon. seems funny to see you listed as a newbie margie  Winklol.well got to go explore the sight but I'll be checking in.   keep up the good job supporters!!!!!      
                        Minnie

IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
[b][/b]Re: New board specifically for supporters!
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 9:29am

Isn't it AWESOME that DJ has done this for us? I think we're making history here, gang. 

I think it's also important to remind the supporters out there about the Family Services Team at the OUCH website too.  Here's a link to our pages there:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hmmm....this is so cool to have our own little area now.  I just feel like nesting, now!  We'll have to get some nice plants and do some feng shui to make it all comfy in here.  We'll get some comfy couches, some punching bags and tons of kleenex.  I think we'll get a dart board too.  We can hang pictures of Hub and Jackie Boyd up there for practice. 

Yep, this works.  Thanks, DJ.

Grin  I'm smiling BIG here this morning.

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
Margi Storey  
IP Logged

Monique
CH.com Junior

Farm Fresh!

Ontario, Canada
Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 9:49am

Margi... honey.... what are your two gorilla's doing???

Your a naughty lady Margi Storey!!

LMAO

Deep Breath And Go On.......

IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 10:35am

Well, I'm glad SOMEBODY finally asked! She's a supporter gorilla, he's a gorilla clusterhead.  She's giving him a neck massage and trying to keep him calm through the attack.  She's a good little supporter.

What did YOU think they were doing?  I think you've lived in the Canadian boonies too long honey.  We gotta get you out here to the big city.  You've a dirty little mind, Mrs. Roadknight.

Margi Storey  
IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 10:36am

either that, or she's picking nits out of his fur.  But I prefer the massage story, personally.
Kiss

Margi Storey  
IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2002 at 9:12am

Aw, thanks Ted.  K, shut up now.

Kiss

Margi Storey  
IP Logged

Monique
CH.com Junior

Farm Fresh!

Ontario, Canada
Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2002 at 10:21am

OH ME GAWD!!!  Margi's a somebody!!!
Sheez left me behind in my nothingness... Sad
Way to go Sweaty! 
DJ's a smart man! Wink

Deep Breath And Go On.......

IP Logged

Darleen
CH.com Veteran

Peek-a-boo

x1|Sydney|Canada|canada|501|301|NS,Nova_Scotia
Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2002 at 10:47am

Thanks for the new board DJ!!
  See we are so special we now have our part of the board!! 
Yippee!!!

8)

Margi  -  I always knew you were a somebody...

Congratulations chick!!

IP Logged

Donna
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 16th, 2002 at 12:21pm

Just when I thought it was good, it got better.

This is a great idea, a great place to be and we have a great coach for our little rooting team here.  Only, why are your stars green, Margi?  Too busy to polish them?  Whats a girl gonna do!

The monkies are doing a good job.  Our Support Mascots..............I like that, don't all of you? Cheesy

I'm going back to sleep now.  These nights are doing me in.  And those street lights are too bright. Wink 8)

IP Logged

tedski
CH.com Newbie

Ooh-Rah!!!

x0|Madison|USA|usa|||WI,Wisconsin
Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2002 at 1:03pm

Thanks DJ

Grin

Karla's #1 supporter

IP Logged

Todd
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2002 at 6:28pm

For the record -

I am a supporter as well as a clusterhead.

KTSSU,
T

IP Logged

Cheryl
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 18th, 2002 at 10:59am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't this progress... Incentive for the Media Committee HUH!

Smiley

Love
Cheryl

IP Logged

RACH
Ex Member

THANK GOD!!!
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2002 at 8:51pm

I HAVE BEEN CHECKING IN WITH THIS SIGHT FOR MANY YEARS TO FIND OUT THE LATEST ON CH FOR MY HUSBAND WHO HAS SUFFERED FOR 15 YEARS.  THIS NEW BOARD IS JUST WHAT WE HAVE ALWAYS NEEDED.  HE IS NOT IN HIS CYCLE RIGHT NOW (THANK GOODNESS!!) AND WE TEND TO ACT LIKE IT DOESN'T EXIST DURING THE OFF MONTHS BUT WE JUST GOT A NEW PC AND I THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK IN.  WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!!  I'LL PROBABLY NEED THIS ALOT IN AUGUST WHEN WE EXPECT HIS CYCLE TO BEGIN.  WHO KNOWS MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR WE GET LUCKY!!  I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR KNEW INFO ON CH AND HAVE A NOTEBOOK FULL OF IT, AND  HAVE ASKED MY HUSBAND'S NEURO HOW TO START A SUPPORT GROUP TO SHARE INFO, NOW I GUESS I DON'T HAVE TO.  I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR  HARD WORK.  NO ONE ELSE TRULY UNDERSTANDS UNLESS THEY LIVE IT!!  GLAD YOU'RE HERE IF I NEED YOU.  THANKS DJ 
RACH

IP Logged

Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus

...PF since Oct.'02, thanks
to ClusterBusters...

Austin|USA|Texas
Reply #16 - May 17th, 2002 at 10:04pm

I'm not tellin' her (RACH)....somebody, please!!!??

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me...This will not kill ME..

IP Logged

ave
Ex Member

Dear RacRe: New board specifically for supporters!
Reply #17 - May 18th, 2002 at 7:06am

Dear Rach,

it is nice the cluster supportgroup is so appreciated. However...

If you check you'll see that many of the people who post here are not in cycle/have no partners etc. in cycle. They don't need to come here. Yet here they are to support others through agony.

And though DJ and Margi deserve all you said in praise, it might be an even better  idea to give some support now, before it is August, share your knowledge, share your compassion.

Thanks for listening,
Ave

IP Logged

Dswife
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2002 at 8:53am

Hey everyone.

I'm the wife of a cluster headache sufferer and was looking for a place to interact with other supporters.  My husband has had chronic clusters for 3 years now.  Just wondered if I could join up with you guys.  It is SO COOL to see a website with a place for supporters to message.

Thanks for being here.
Jenny Smiley

IP Logged

Dswife
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2002 at 8:54am

Hey everyone.

I'm the wife of a cluster headache sufferer and was looking for a place to interact with other supporters.  My husband has had chronic clusters for 3 years now.  Just wondered if I could join up with you guys.  It is SO COOL to see a website with a place for supporters to message.

Thanks for being here.
Jenny Smiley

IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2002 at 10:06am

Hi Jenny - Welcome!  Smiley

Pull up a chair and read everything you can find that's been compiled here for sufferers and supporters.  We're here to help.  Check out our Family Services Team at the OUCH website, in the menus above the map.

Margi Storey  
IP Logged

THEDONA
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 18th, 2002 at 5:26pm

CryHelp!  My husband was just diagnosed with Cluster Headaches.  It was a guess on the doctors part.   So please those of you that know could you answer the following questions.  Do they occur at anytime of day and sometimes many times.  Do they stop only with pain medication.  Does it take several doses to make them stop.  Does anyone you know have the headaches without the other symptoms?  Do they just start out of no where.  This whole mess started for us 8 days ago.  Everything I have read doesn't seem to fit the Headache profile that my husband has.  If you know the answer please help ???

IP Logged

Dswife
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 18th, 2002 at 8:53pm

Hey, I think you came to the right place if your husband's doctor suspects he has clusters.
I'll share my experience with you, and answer your questions according to what I've found to be true.  (I'm the wife of a c.head too.)

Yes, they can occur at any time of the day or night.  However, they don't usually respond to "traditional" headache medications.  And after a while they would probably have some sort of pattern.  Does he just have them at night?  Or a certain time of day?  My husband is a chronic sufferer, and he is in the 4th year of his cycle. 

What is your husband's headache profile?  That might make it easier for the people here to answer the questions you have.

Hang in there...there is hope.
Jenny Wink

IP Logged

kaos
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 26th, 2002 at 7:26pm

[color=Purple][/color]

Greetings to all supporters from New Zealand.
Great to have this site.
I don't have much to support with, but find that living day at a time is too long - minute at a time seems to work best, that way we get a few good minutes in every day even if they're bad days.

It's easy to get lost in the doom and despair and miss the odd moment of happiness, and they do occur!

In the midst of all this anguish, a strange thing happened. A horse, long abused by its owners arrived at our place to use the paddock by the house. He was dropped off there and no-one came back to check on him.A bit of a farmer in my past, I couldn't ignore this poor fellow, and took time to check him out. He'd been bitten all over by a particulary nasty stallion, had been beaten mercilessly, and was to be fattened for dog food!!

NO!!!! Off to the vet - (more medical expenses?) wormed him and fed him regularly. Three days later he seemed to snap out of his misery and decided that not all humans were a bad lot. Our daughter arrived and bathed him, and after that, he wouldn't leave me alone. I call him Follow now as he had no name, and this is what he does.

Turns out he's a thorobred and had fallen on hard times when a teenage owner left for education. He passed into cruel hands and ended up with us.

It's strange how it has given us something new and exciting to focus on. It'll be summer B4 I can ride him, he's so thin, but he'll bring us moments of joy in the summer. It was good to do something for him and see a result. He's definitely getting fatter.

Funny how things come along at times when you need them to?

Even if you're not loooking for them.

This site is good! I'm a freelance writer, so if I can be of any assistance, just let me know.

Kind thoughts;
Love, peace, health and happiness always. Kaos

IP Logged

kristi
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 27th, 2002 at 9:46pm

Thank you Kaos, for posting such a touching story.  My father always said God will give us something, when we most need it, to help us remember what is really important and where we are supposed to place our focus in life.  I would say then that God is blessing you through Follow.

PFDAN!

K

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!