Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New board specifically for supporters! (Read 26121 times)
The Mad Viking
CH.com Sponsor

Always Look on The Bright
Side of Life

Oslo, Norway
Re: New board specifically for supporters!
Reply #25 - Jun 30th, 2002 at 3:55pm

For the record -

I am a supporter as well as a clusterhead.
Svenn

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life&&
WWW svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
IP Logged

kristi
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 4th, 2002 at 10:47am

Hi Kaos!

The Cult of Fungas.....where do I start?  The term is a lighthearted reference to those clusterheads out there who have achieved success in either relieving their clusters or in aborting their cycles with psychedelic mushrooms.  PinkSharkMark, or Pinky, is the man in the know on the subject and has provided a lifetime of information, guidance, advice, and support to the CH who have tried it. 

Although the reference is lighthearted, the subject is not.  It has allowed many clusterheads to regain control of their lives, to live completely, or nearly for some, painfree, to also become free of medications and their associated negative side affects.

From personal experience, my husband is episodic and was mid-cycle when he dosed.  He had 4 shadows and 2 headaches in the first five days, and nothing since.  That was 36 days ago!!!  He was taking 5 different meds prior - now he is med-free!  To quote the words of another successful shroomer, "it has given us our life back."

An explanation of trip levels, dosing guidelines, and other great information can be found on the following thread by Pinksharkmark:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The are literally hundreds of threads about this subject in the archives and currently on the medication board, if you are interested in researching it further.

PFDAN to all!

K

IP Logged

kaos
Ex Member

iRe: New board specifically for supporters!
Reply #27 - Jul 6th, 2002 at 12:27am

Greetings to all!

Thanx Kristi!
That is REALLY interesting. Its taking a long time to read all the links but am so grateful that they're there!
We are lucky that Pinkshark is so good at research and explaining things, and that you guys share the input.

Back to you all soon
THANK YOU
Kaos

IP Logged

THEDONA
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 6th, 2002 at 11:48am

Hey everyone.  My husband seems to cluster Headaches for sure.  He has the pain in one eye and we have noticed that the eye turns red and he sweats on that side of his head only.  He's offically had them now for 3 weeks I think so we don't have a pattern that we can tell.  But the weird thing is some days the headache is in the right spot not as painfull but stays all day and nothing can get rid of it.  Other times it's the stabbing pain in the eye with the other symptoms I mentioned.  He can't use Imetrex because of his blood pressure so he takes verapimil (sp) indocin both daily weither he has a headache or not and a prescription painkiller if nothing works he has to go to the ER for intervention.  This has been so bizzare.  I'm really worried about the amount of medication he takes.  Anyway thanks for listening I'm so glad I found this spot. Grin

PS how can I get a cool picture by my name too. LOL ???

IP Logged

Ted
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #29 - Jul 6th, 2002 at 12:09pm

Thed, you might have your husband try pure oxygen (O2) if he can't use Imitrex. Pain killers, including those prescribed, are generally a waste of time on CHs. they do very little, if anything.
The lighter headaches that he experiences all day could be what we refer to as shadows. Sometimes they prelude an attack and sometimes it's all that will come on with no full-fledged attack.
You can add a cool picture next to your name if you edit your profile and go to the spot that says something like "I have my own picture" (It has to be on a website already). In the spot provided just type in or paste the address the picture has (Not the entire site's address. Just the address specifically for the picture, which you can get by right clicking directly on the picture and hitting "properties"). Well, that's how you get a picture up. We'll let you know if it's a cool one. Smiley

IP Logged

THEDONA
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jul 6th, 2002 at 8:37pm

Thanks Ted that explains alot!  Now at least we have some more information.  You read so much just to learn and still miss stuff.  And I found my cool pic. thanks. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bowenscmt
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 24th, 2002 at 11:44pm

I am a supporter of CH. My husband has had them for as long as we have together and that is 12 years. I never understood them until he tried to explain what is happening in his head. But of course never having had them they are a complete mystery to me. Also being a massage therapist he doesn't even want me to touch him when he is having a headache. I love him dearly and I would like to take the pain away but I know that I can't.  Sad  He showed me this website and it was like he was home and I felt like I had someone to talk to about this. His sister actually said that it was all in his head and that he was making up this pain just to get attention. Well duh its in his head!!!

Thank you so much for starting this support website

Bobbie

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #32 - Jul 26th, 2002 at 5:35am

Welcome Bobbie.

This link is for you and yours. It's something to copy and print for everyone. Simon does it right. It's worth the effort:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

bowenscmt
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Aug 21st, 2002 at 12:07am

Sarah,
I totally understand where you are coming from, I too am a supporter of a CH and he has had them for 21 years. I have only been dealing with CH for about 12 years but the one thing is to just stick by him until the cycle is gone. People on this website are awesome with their support. It has given me a lot of information and a lot of things that I had no clue about with CH's. Be strong and just keep plugging along and it does get better. If you need someone to talk to here is my email address: owens_bobbie@hotmail.com and I will be more than happy to talk or just correspond with you.
Having a circle of people that know exactly what you are going through is a lot of help. Let me know if you need to talk and I will try to help out.
Hope this helps you in your time of need.

Bobbie O. CMT

IP Logged

bowenscmt
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Aug 21st, 2002 at 10:46am

Meg,

That is okay my mother-in-law told me one time that the reason why he gets these headaches is because of the tumor he has in his head. I have seen his x-rays and there isn't  a tumor in his head, because he also had a head trauma. Have your husband talk to his doctor about a drug called Imitrex. It has seemed to work really well for my husband and he swears by it. It takes the headache away in about 5 minutes on my husband.
It is a little expensive to buy but it does work. So if have any questions let me know and I will try to help you out if I can. Talk to you real soon.

Bobbie

IP Logged

bowenscmt
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Aug 22nd, 2002 at 1:27am

Meg,

Once he gives himself the shot a couple of times he will get used to it but if he doesn't like needles then that is a problem.  There is another thing that Keith (hubby) does and that is very cold showers until he gets the chills.  There is an Imitrex nasal spray maybe that might work too. There is another drug that might help too it is called Maxalt MLT and its by prescription.

Just keep a stiff upper lip when he has a episode because it does eventually go away.  Cheesy

We have a daughter together and luckily she has not seen him with one of these headaches. But I have a feeling that someday she might see him with one but she does know that he gets them and if he has one he goes into the other room so she doesn't see him. She is a daddy's little girl and she doesn't like to see her daddy hurt at all.

Hope this has helped you and I will talk to you soon. If you need someone to talk to on the phone send me an email and I will give you my phone number -K-

Bobbie O. CMT

IP Logged

cootie
CH.com Hall of Famer

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........

x1|Wooster|USA|usa|421|125|OH,Ohio
Reply #36 - Oct 15th, 2002 at 11:17pm

Hello.....Am new at this.....hubby just started back with the CH attacks last nite after almost 3 years remission....seems to start them up now around 9:30 pm on the button !!! He's suffer'd them for a good 10 to 15 years with off and on periods of a few years relief. Noticed the past few weeks he isn't eating any breakfast (to much in a hurry) and eats lunch alot later at work cuz he is to busy....now he isn't gettin to dinner till several hours later....change isn't always good...am wondering if some of this plus this time of year (Oct.) and maybe stress has trigger'd them. He used to get them twice a day like clockwork...there's nothng I can do cuz he goes into his own world of agony. He was on imitrex and verapamil and got started rite away with the last bout and nicked the attacks in the butt for a while...hope to do that again !!! I hate it when this stuff starts back up...he is always in a hurry to and think he needs to slow down.hurry to get ready and hurry to get here or there and hurry to get back...it can't be good for this condition or triggers it possibly ?? Thanks....I'm rambling..sorry.....cootie

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed" &&&& Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #37 - Oct 26th, 2002 at 3:01pm

Hi all - I'm locking this topic, so you won't be able to respond to it.  I'm just afraid a new supporter's first post might get lost in here.

So if you have something you want to post, please start a new thread.

Thanks.

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
Margi Storey  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!