Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How to post your pictures. (Read 24702 times)
ExplodingEyeBall
CH.com Hall of Famer

I can't think of anything
clever to put here.

x1|HIghland|USA|usa|371|126|IN,Indiana
How to post your pictures.
Nov 11th, 2004 at 10:39am

Many people request help here on posting pictures on this message board.

I'm going to try to explain it as easy, yet detailed as I can.

The first thing to remember is that you can't post pictures directly from your system unless it is set up as a web server. So this basically means that 99.9% of us will not be able to post from our system.

What you need to do is find someone who has a web site that is willing to host your pictures, or find a web site that offers this service.

I normally use a web site called shutterfly. You can find them at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. You will first need to set up an account with them before you go any further. After you set an account and log in, You can upload your pictures to their web site.

Now, we can move on to actually using these pictures in a post. As you are adding a new topic or adding to another, you will see two lines of buttons towards the top of your message that looks like this.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This also gives you an example of what some web sites do to your pictures. The picture I posted did not have the big white border but shutterfly decided to put one on it.

Any way, while posting, find the point in your message where you would like to post your picture and click there so that the curser is in that area.

Next, take a look at the picture I posted. See the button with the red box around it? Click on it. (Not the one in the picture. The one above your message.) This will insert some stuff into your message that looks like this. [ img][ /img]

Now, you need to add the URL to your picture between the image tags like this. [ img]Put your URL here.[ /img]

If you know the URL for your picture just type it between the image tags and then you are done. If you don't, then you'll need to find out what it is.

With shutterfly, it's pretty easy. Go to the web site and log in. Find the picture you want to post and click on it to open it up a little bigger. Right click on it and select 'Properties' from the the pop up menu.

When the properties opens up, you will see on the left side the words Address: (URL). There will be a long string of characters next to it that looks similar to this 'http: //im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d720b3127cce9a75691b824500000016108EZs2rJy0ba'

This string is the URL to a picture of my desk. (Yes, I know it's messy.).
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Click drag over that entire string so it turns blue then press Control + C. This will copy that string.

NOTE: You can also do this with almost any picture you find on the internet. Right click on one of mine for an example if you want to try posting someone elses picture.

Now, instead of typing the entire URL, you can just click between the image tags and then press Control + V to paste the URL between the image tags.

If you want to see it right away to check and make sure it works, press the 'Preview' button down at the bottom and you will see what your post will look like just above where you are typing.

If you see a litle box with a red x in it then you got something wrong. Re-check and make sure that you copied the entire URL or make sure that you typed it exacly right.

This is how to post using shutterfly. It may be a little bit different using other hosts but it will be similar enough to use these instructions to get through it.

Now, post some cool pictures for me since I used 30 minutes of my time at work to type this up.

If anyone finds any discrepancies with my instructions or thinks something needs to be added, please feel free to P.M. me and I'll update this.

Pat
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2004 at 9:24am by ExplodingEyeBall »  

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!

IP Logged

survivor13
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|albany|USA|usa|427|244|GA,Georgia
Re: How to post your pictures.
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 7:46pm

just created an account with snapfish. have the picture picked out. sent it to survivor13@clusterheadaches.com (is this right) if so try to coach from here. all this has caused a few shadows, but it's worth it. like to see what the people i'm talking to look like. kinda feels like you know them better.

thunderstruck  
IP Logged

ExplodingEyeBall
CH.com Hall of Famer

clever to put here.

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2004 at 9:09am

survivor,

What you need to do now is upload the pictures that you want to post.

I'm not familiar with snapfish but there should be an option to upload your pictures to their web site.

Once it is on their web server, you use the URL for the picture from there.

If you need some coaching, send me an I.M. and I'll get you through it.

Pat

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 4:16pm

Great Description Pat, very very helpful.

taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

ExplodingEyeBall
CH.com Hall of Famer

clever to put here.

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 4:56pm

Thanks.  ;Grin

IP Logged

aceserve
CH.com Veteran

Salem, Oregon
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 12:48pm

This is a test of the picture-posting.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2005 at 9:33am by aceserve »  

Ahhh, what a relief to be pain free. Hang in there. Good times are comin'.

IP Logged

aceserve
CH.com Veteran

Salem, Oregon
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 12:50pm

Whoops! Will have to make the file smaller next time.

Ahhh, what a relief to be pain free. Hang in there. Good times are comin'.

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 12:14pm

UndecidedWhat am I doing wrong?  I've been trying this for three days.  Have shutterfly.com account, have cut and pasted address between the little img thingies.  It shows up in the space with the complete address of the pic (yes, I have double checked to make sure it is correct).  When I hit preview, it only shows me the address - no pic.  So I hit post, and it comes up compltely blank.  I never did get the little box with the red x in it telling me that something is wrong.  Just getting nothing.

I really want to post this pic so ya'll can see me and my family.

Thanks

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus

Go Cubbies  / even though
they suck

x1|naperville|USA|usa|360|126|IL,Illinois
Reply #8 - May 24th, 2007 at 12:05am

I must be stupid Cause the picture is on shutterfly and it dont work Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

dave

IP Logged

ski2k
CH.com Old Timer

Muskegon, Michigan USA
Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 1:42am

ok....trying this thing again...

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW skipolak  
IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #10 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 1:07am

I'm a complete idiot and I can not figure this out. I have a picture on shutterfly - can't get it right from there. Can anyone help?

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

Wayne
CH.com Old Timer

RedBull Rules!!

Christchurch, New Zealand|
Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2007 at 5:07am

Yesss, Success at last!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2007 at 5:08am by Wayne »  

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

IP Logged

maryo
CH.com Veteran

Johnny & Roy puzzle where
to apply the O2 mask

x1|Little Deer Isle|USA|usa|536|53|ME,Maine
Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 8:48pm

Test

IP Logged

maryo
CH.com Veteran

Johnny & Roy puzzle where
to apply the O2 mask

x1|Little Deer Isle|USA|usa|536|53|ME,Maine
Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 8:51pm

Test

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #14 - Mar 3rd, 2008 at 9:39pm

test

Jon

IP Logged

Melvyn
CH.com Veteran

We all need to relax sometimes,
somehow.

|Yeovil|England|europe|
Reply #15 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:45pm

tried before but thepicture was rather small - trying again  - me and my best friend

Melvyn

IP Logged

kittysezmeOUCH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

south east Pennsylvania
Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 11:21am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register<br>
This is the KITYY and that behind me (points) is a corn field
and I did this using photbucket

Guys it is so easy......

Set up an account
Load your pics
copy the img code
then paste here

sorry pat condensed version

IP Logged

kittysezmeOUCH
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

south east Pennsylvania
Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 11:22am

PHOTOBUCKET

missed an "O"

IP Logged

angela.lambert
CH.com Veteran

Support Alaska Commercial
Fisherman

petersburg,alaska
Reply #18 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 8:12pm

I am not having any success with my profile pic.  I have an URL for a photo, and every time I try, it comes up blank.  Am I missing something?

The Beast, the Beast, the Beast is on Fire!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=15  
IP Logged

angela.lambert
CH.com Veteran

Fisherman

petersburg,alaska
Reply #19 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 8:14pm

i got the "choose file" thing down...

Mayfest in Petersburg.  My first year as "Queen" of the Vikings & Valkyries with Governor Sara Palin.  She was good sport.  Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2008 at 8:21pm by angela.lambert »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register l_1802cadf965ad13b200532063abe8de8.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 2:02pm

angela.lambert wrote on Aug 24th, 2008 at 8:14pm:
 My first year as "Queen" of the Vikings & Valkyries with Governor Sara Palin.  She was good sport.  Wink

Which one is you?

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #21 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:32am

SVENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Did you bring your whole family down after Convention this year??

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

angela.lambert
CH.com Veteran

Fisherman

petersburg,alaska
Reply #22 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 2:13am

I am the one in the red corset next to the Gov.

We are a club that dress each May 17th for our Norwegian festival.  It is a blast. We entertain the locals and keep the tourist on their toes.

IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:17pm

ExplodingEyeBall wrote on Nov 11th, 2004 at 10:39am:
Now, post some cool pictures for me since I used 30 minutes of my time at work to type this up.

Huh...cool. Thanks. Here's  your cool pic of us. *lol*

Edit to post: YAYA!!!!! SUCCESS!!! Oh, and I used Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register because Shutterfly was being wonky on my computer & wouldn't work. But where there's a will...ha. Now you can all enjoy my mug. Heheh.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:20pm by Izzy »  

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #24 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 2:58am

Finally I get it  Cheesy

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!