Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for support myself! (Read 3813 times)
Carolyne
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Gloucester|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Looking for support myself!
Nov 19th, 2007 at 8:56am

Hi to all,

I first got in touch with site some 5 years ago which was really helpful - but at the time my daughter was subsequently diagnosed with Ophthalmoplegic Migraine. Since then the episodes have become more consistent with CH - she has had 4 attacks over the last 2 years - always in March and October.

Due to the intense pain she suffers we have been using morphine during the acute stage but following a recent admission to hospital her neurologist has put her on a different NSAID - this seems to be effective but obviously takes 20mins to have affect if a "fresh" headache suddenly comes on.

At the onset of her latest attack she was suicidal and I was terrified for her safety, we saw a different neurologist who said that everything was consistent with CH and they believe that she has CH on top of the ophthalmoplegic migraine.

She came home from hospital 4 weeks ago but had not yet managed to attend school full time and again this morning I received a call to say could I collect her.

I feel as though we have got medication and support for her reasonably under control - but I am at the end of my tether with the worry and concern as to how this will impact on her life long term as she is now also suffering with depression.

I'm trying really hard to do all the right things to care for her, but I am also having to deal with my two other childrens anxiety from having witnessing her when she reached rock bottom.

I would really like to to talk to another mum who is supporting a child who not only understands the complete feeling of hopelessness that you cannot take this pain away from your child,  but also the effect it has on the whole family.

Carolyne

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Re: Looking for support myself!
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 10:12am

Carolyne wrote on Nov 19th, 2007 at 8:56am:
Hi to all,
I would really like to to talk to another mum who is supporting a child who not only understands the complete feeling of hopelessness that you cannot take this pain away from your child,  but also the effect it has on the whole family.

Carolyne

That would be me Carolyne.. I'm Helen and I have a son who has CH, he's 6 now and was diagnosed at the age of 3. If you check your pm's (top right) I'm sending you my phone number - feel free to call anytime. Sometimes thats a whole lot easier than trying to sit and type it out on here isn't it?

I'll help in any way I can I promise

(((HUGS)))

Helen

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 8:28pm

I am a mom of a 22 yr old daughter who has CH. I'm not sure how old your daughter is but Lisa (my daughter ) and I would love to help if we could. I am also a teacher and can empathize the school issues as well. Lisa has been hospitalized several times last year and it sounds like we have had similar circumstances. PM me or write back. I hope I can help!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:43am

i know this is an old post but i feel i need to post a reply. i have been a episodic sufferer since i was 10. since back then we didn't have the internet let alone this board we were desperate and clueless. my mother has always held a good pokerface when my head is on fire. my wife doesn' do so well but she tries.  i don't believe that those heavy painkillers are the answer. that is alot of drugs for a young person. i have been doing well with o2 and a few herbs and change of diet.  feel free to send me a message if there is anything i can do to help, or if your having a rough time coping.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

rachel2w2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 1:49am

CH is related to your biological clock, somehow when the daylight savings times come in it triggers something with your brain that gives you the CH. what you need to do is go see a neurologist! And I mean right now!!! Call when you get this even if its 3:00 AM! theyre very hard to get into! I know first hand... [by the way my name is Rachel im 13 years old and I suffer form CH] If they do dignose you with CH they will give you a steroids shot, and 2 prescriptions for 2 types of pills. I hope that I have helped you! CH SUCKS! And I'm here to help whoever and however! But hey, I'm only one pond of knowledge! keep posting and my relusts might be different than what they might be for you or your loved one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!