Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
15. (Read 3612 times)
peaceloveez
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0||USA|usa|0|0|
Mar 12th, 2008 at 9:07pm

I am 15 years old. I am a fairly typical teen. I have my good moments my bad moments, my struggles and my strengths. One thing I have been struggling with since i was about 11 or 12 is migrains. I was getting them once a month, maybe. The were hell, but i could take it. As I got older however, not only have the migrains gotten worse, the frequency has increased. I have felt blessed beyond belief because this is now my 4th day in a row with not even the slightest head ache. I have been seeing a doctor who has prescribed a pleathura of things and nothing has helped. I took a log of 18 days, 7 of them i had migrains. When I say migrain, I mean if it were not for the light and sound beyond the "comfort" of hiding underneath a blanket, I would kill myself because I have hell x10 in my head. Even the slightest sound or bit of light is amplified and pressed into my head with no mercy. In this 18 days, although only 7 days I had migrains, only 2 of these days did I have no head ache what so ever. I often wake with them, but from time to time I will get them in the middle of the day. I am writing this for two reasons. First, I want everyone to know I have sympathy for you, and I definatly feel your pain. Secondly, I am writing to see if anyone has any suggestions. I have tried maxalt, imitrex, ice packs, naproxin, motron, extra stregnth tylonol and tylonol3. I am currently on everyday topamax. I started it yesterday, and missed my dose today, so who knows what tommorow brings. I can not say if it is working or not, but if it fails, as have many many things in the past, any suggestions?

Thank you.
-Elena.

IP Logged

Leesa
CH.com Hall of Famer

x0||||||
Re: 15.
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 2:42pm

Elena, check your private messages hun..........have some info that might help ya out!
Leesa ;Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2008 at 2:43pm by Leesa »  

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley &&

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 6:23pm

Thanks for helping her out Leesa.  I see that she posted in 2 places so I was confused when I saw you down here...never-mind..lol 

Elena, I hope everyone is able to help you out dear.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 4:04pm

Hey hun. I'm Felicia and I'm 16. I get the mirgain thing. It's a complete b*tch. I get 'em every now and then myself. Once or twice a month and more when I'm stressed or the weather changes. My dad is a clusterhead and so is my step mom. I've dealt with these things since I was 7 or 8. I know it can be wicked scary and down right wrong. Just wanted to let you know if you ever need/want some one your own age to talk/cry/bitch/rant/etc. to, I'm your girl. I'm always around even if I'm not signed in. Hang tough my friend and fight like hell with your chin up and a smile on even as you face the worst. Much love and vibes from me to you. Byes. <333

Broken

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!