Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Urgent Convention Update! (Read 8519 times)
Gator
Ex Member

Urgent Convention Update!
May 4th, 2008 at 11:43pm

!!! Reserve Your Rooms Early !!!

OUCH has reserved a block of rooms for convention attendees at the special rate of $115 per night. 

This rate is good until June 19th or until all reserved rooms have been taken, whichever comes first. After that, the regular rate of $199 will apply.

On or about May 30, 2008, OUCH will be mailing out invitations to

medical personnel in Dallas and the surrounding areas!

With Professor Peter Goadsby as our guest lecturer, there is a good chance that attendance for this convention will be high.  We urge all our members who wish to attend to get your hotel reservations made as soon as possible to assure you can get the special rate of $115 per night.   

You can make your reservations online at the Convention Hotel webpage:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

or make your reservation by phone by calling 972-313-8001 and using reservation code OUC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information about this year's convention, check out:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you have any questions about the convention, please e-mail them to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Urgent Convention Update!
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:29pm

Don't wait til the last min. folks.  Call and reserve the room.  If an unexpected crisis comes up and you can't make it you can always cancel.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus

clusterbusters.com

Bellingham, WA
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2008 at 10:44am

bump Smiley
Mast

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
OXYGEN!!!
WWW Mastifflvr28 mastifflvr28  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2008 at 8:49pm

I didn't hear you, Linda.  What did you say?

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2008 at 10:26pm

I SAID MAKE YOUR ROOM RESERVATIONS NOW.!!!!!!!!

and uh...Brian?   you may want to go see and ear-nose and throat Dr. for that condition.  It looks painful.

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - May 8th, 2008 at 3:10pm

Bump.

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2008 at 5:32pm

I is booked!!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2008 at 4:17pm

Quote:
I is booked!!  Cheesy

On what charges?  LOL

Don't forget, Come the end of May - beginning of June, rooms might start getting scarce.  Book your room early!

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #8 - May 10th, 2008 at 5:09pm

I have my confirmation number in my hot little hands (and copied in my date book and in the file on my computer  Wink)>

'darlin

IP Logged

Carl D
CH.com Hall of Famer

25+ years CH Veteran

|St. Louis|MO, USA
Reply #9 - May 11th, 2008 at 6:02am

I once again won't be making it this year.
Why is it in Dallas AGAIN? Can't we ever have one centrally located in the midwest? It would make it easier on some who have a hard time getting to the coastal states.   Sad

Living proof that busting can turn a chronic to episodic!

Live each day as if it were your last because one day, you will be right.

WWW soylentmack mackdanger http://facebook.com/mackdaniels70 carld1970@yahoo.com cfd+returns  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 11th, 2008 at 6:50am

Lets see.. why DON'T we have one in the midest? Or Florida? Or any other place people whine about?

Because people whine but don't get off their arses to offer to host a convention.

People whine about what OUCH is doing but do they get involved and do somethng to help?

NOOOO..... its far easier to bitch about what "THEY" don't do than step up and become one if the team isn't it?

This isn't directed at you in particular Carl - but at everyone else who does this year after year after year.

IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

What, it's all in my head?

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #11 - May 11th, 2008 at 8:30am

Quote:
I is booked!!  Cheesy

Quote:
On what charges?  LOL

She's a Witch!  A nasty one at that!  I've had to take stock out in Newt-B-Gone. Wink

I'm hoping to be at the convention but much depends on my work schedule.  It sucks that every year I have to forfit 2-3 weeks of paid vacation because I can't afford to take the time off!

-P.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[img name=signat_img_resize]http://thumb15.web
Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 11th, 2008 at 8:58am

You WILL be there Paul or you'll be eating curry for a month  Wink

IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #13 - May 11th, 2008 at 12:40pm

Quote:
You WILL be there Paul or you'll be eating curry for a month  Wink

But I like curry. Smiley

-P.

edit to add:  In your case Helen the top post of Gator's should read "resurve your brooms early" Kiss
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2008 at 12:49pm by Paul98 »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[img name=signat_img_resize]http://thumb15.web
Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #14 - May 11th, 2008 at 12:49pm

Quote:
Why is it in Dallas AGAIN? ....coastal states.   Sad

Dallas coastal? hehe Texas is a coastal state but it is like a whole other planet. Dallas is at least 8-10 hours from the coast. Where in the midwest are ya? I used to live in the midwest, but I saw the light and moved to Tejas. Actually the Navy told me I HAD to move to Texas, I just stayed here afterwards. Big D is a 5-6 hour drive for me and I'm IN Texas. I want my own helicopter.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #15 - May 11th, 2008 at 1:07pm

Perediablo I love your signature LOL

Paul - I don't need to reserve my broom you blithering idiot, I have one already (gormless or what?!) I have put in a request for a cauldron and seeing as how you like seafood Donna is bringing some mountain oysters for your delectation....  Kiss

IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #16 - May 11th, 2008 at 1:22pm

Quote:
Paul - I don't need to reserve my broom you blithering idiot, I have one already (gormless or what?!) I have put in a request for a cauldron and seeing as how you like seafood Donna is bringing some mountain oysters for your delectation....  Kiss

Seeing how your broom is a single seater and you will have a passenger I thought you would have to rent one from Rent-A-Broom

As for the Rocky Mt. oysters.....I'll pass thank you very much.  I'll stick to the raw seafood variety!

-P.

Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #17 - May 11th, 2008 at 5:02pm

Helen, and anyone else who wonders............
just what happened to the Portland(OR) contingent, bidding hardcore for bringing conv here.  We dropped it when it was brought to our attention that for many(especially those across the pond) , the trip would be prohibitively long, not to mention more expensive.
Sticking with airports that are hubs makes it more affordable for everyone, and the possibility of a direct flight far greater.
I am all for a West Coast Conv., and will help any way I can, but we need to think of everyone involved.
Still and all, if you find yourself headed to the gorgeous Pacific Northwest, let me know.........a Meet n Greet is ALWAYS an option!
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 13th, 2008 at 12:55pm

Quote:
I once again won't be making it this year.
Why is it in Dallas AGAIN? Can't we ever have one centrally located in the midwest? It would make it easier on some who have a hard time getting to the coastal states.   Sad

Carl, there were two bids for this year's convention:  Portland, Oregon and Dallas, Texas.  The Portland bid was pulled, leaving Dallas.  Soooo...Look out Dallas here we come!

When someone in the Midwest submits a serious bid and agrees to do the local legwork necessary to hold a convention, then the Midwest will be considered for a convention. 

Want to host a convention?

Since we're on the subject, OUCH's 10th Anniversary is next year.  It's well beyond time to start thinking about next year's convention. 

If you are interested in hosting a convention, check out the Conventions & Gatherings page on the OUCH website:

There are two documents on this page that will help in making a bid for a convention.

One of the things OUCH looks at when choosing a site is how easy it is for people to get there.  Cities with International Hub Airports are the best choice as it is usually easier and cheaper to get there.  It also helps with getting quality speakers in for the convention.

The availability of an airport shuttle is another consideration.  Taxis are expensive and an airport run from the hotel to the airport and back in a big city could take hour or more depending on where the hotel is and the time of day. 

There is more info on the Convention page.  Check it out.  If you have questions about hosting a convention, e-mail us at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #19 - May 13th, 2008 at 9:40pm

Portland would have been a cool thing for me. I could have stayed with a friend that I haven't seen in a long time.

Anything cooler that Dallas in July next time. Maybe I could come too.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 15th, 2008 at 8:42am

I don't know what to tell you Charlie.  Maybe someone will step up and submit a bid somewhere you actually want to go next year.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #21 - May 16th, 2008 at 11:34pm

TTT

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #22 - May 17th, 2008 at 1:50am

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you Charlie.  Maybe someone will step up and submit a bid somewhere you actually want to go next year.

It's a matter of cash, Gator. I'd go to Dallas again if it were possible. It aint

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2008 at 12:27pm

Sorry Charlie.  I definitely understand the cash flow thing.  There's a lot of that going on right now and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

If we don't get some people volunteering to serve on the OUCH Board of Directors real quick, next year's convention won't be an issue - there won't be an OUCH to have a convention.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #24 - May 18th, 2008 at 5:00pm

And then everyone loses.  Cry

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!