Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grey hair, Veins and Bruises (Read 6167 times)
beachmusic
Ex Member

Grey hair, Veins and Bruises
May 27th, 2008 at 9:22pm

I noticed that their was a post about grey hairs and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this crazy stuff....
Since the beginning of my last cycle I have not only noticed  a rash of new grey hair but I have also noticed what seems to be a permanent bruise the size of a pencil eraser over my temple on the cluster side of my head.  Also a vein under that eye that is swollen and bulging???  Anyone else experience any such thing or have an opinion. 

Crazy stuff not to mention I am all about the permanent brain damange thing!!
I for one think it is a definite!!

IP Logged

Layla328
CH.com Hall of Famer

Boston
Re: Grey hair, Veins and Bruises
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2008 at 9:41pm

Hello beachmusic,

Here's my take on it--well, first let me say that I remember getting pink eye on left side during one cycle as well as (last cycle) an ear infection on left side.  I think what happens is when a person is dealing with a cluster cycle they are rubbing and pressing and God knows what else to that side.  Like I used to put a hot water bottle on that eye (maybe that's why I got pink eye?)  Either that or I will get New Agey--could be some kind of energy block if people notice grey hairs or rashes or things on or near that one area.  I bet once out of cycle you will return to normal.  PF wishes, Star

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2008 at 9:49pm

Beachmusic-

my afflictions this cycle?  i've gotten fatter and more stupid - that pretty much sums it up for me!  lol

kelly

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2008 at 3:26pm

Naw... haven't noticed a thing. I'm still a raving beauty... Roll Eyes

And if you belive that one ... let me interest you in this ocean front property out in AZ.... Cheesy

Of course we have flaws that occur during our cycles (been having this last one since 97 and it doesn't show any signs of stopping) - droopy eye - swollen eye, runny nose, little flakey, bruises appear out of nowhere (don't remembr hitting anything - wonder where I buried the body???) Don't know about the veins... haven't paid much attention to them...

But things are gonna be different when we're in cycle. If you're really worried about it talk to your doc. Me, I just take it for granted and go on about my rat killing (expression of the south) and don't pay much attention.

Most of us chronics will tell you -- live your life - don't let the CH dictate the WAY you live it - TAKE CHARGE and do it YOUR WAY. Of course you'll make some concessions, but don't let the CH beast win. We're tougher than that.

I get up every morning, look in the mirror and tell that SOB - "do your damndest - I'm a tougher SOB than you are!" And if you could see me first thing in the morning you'd believe me! Smiley If you say it loud enough and long enough you'll believe it...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:03pm

My cluster attacks occur strictly on my right side:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Paige_H.
CH.com Junior

What the hell?

x0|Princeton|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Reply #5 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:06pm

I just get mean as a rattlesnake.  I was actually meaner than usual in this last cycle.  Trust people who live with me are thankful they don't have to deal with that again for a long time.  But I haven't had any physical changes.  No, that isn't true - I usually have a permanent scowl on my face for the cycle.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:10pm

Paige_H. wrote on May 28th, 2008 at 4:06pm:
I just get mean as a rattlesnake.  I was actually meaner than usual in this last cycle.  Trust people who live with me are thankful they don't have to deal with that again for a long time.  But I haven't had any physical changes.  No, that isn't true - I usually have a permanent scowl on my face for the cycle. 

Are you not able to recognize that this is a pattern and that it's probably not in your best interest to take it out on the ones you love? Your own pain is enough - why inflict it on others?

IP Logged

Giovanni
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Cary|USA|usa|472|185|NC,North_Carolina
Reply #7 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:31pm

Yep, accelerated depreciation, double declining balance, sum of the years’ digits--Grecian Formula 44 helps with this grey headed ole far$.
Eyes become swollen, flush face, I can pinch my arms/hands and a bruse immediately appears--looks like a burn.  

Once you're in remission, those things will probably disappear with exception of the grey hair  Shocked

John  Wink

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #8 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:36pm

I'm vain enough to be bothered by all the gray hair, but not vain enough to do anything about it!

Wishing you well,

Ray   Roll Eyes

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:08pm

You cant blame everything on CH!

Its called getting old!  Wink

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #10 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:14pm

Quote:
Its called getting old!  Wink

Watch who you're call old you little whipersnapper.... or you're liable to go to bed without supper... Kiss

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

TeeJay
CH.com Newbie

x0|westview|USA||0|0|KY,Kentucky
Reply #11 - May 30th, 2008 at 7:12am

Wow this is strange but Like I have said, I am in first cycle.  And have had some grey hair since late teens.  I have always dyed it and went on.  But just last week hubby ask when I would be buying that little box of color again.   guess it is related, some.   No said anything about weight loss.  Not that I complaining but that is what is happening for me.  about 20lbs this month while in this cycle.  Dont want to eat anymore. Down to one meal a day.  wishing all a PF day.

TeeJay

IP Logged

bluenz
CH.com Junior

Do what you love, Love
what you do...

x0|auckland|New_Zealand||0|0|
Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 4:06pm

[color=#0000ff][/color]hi there.  after an intense cycle as a teen i developed a white patch on my left eyebrow and hair line above it,  which went away in my 20's.  bit strange ha.  this cycle over the last 6 months ive gotten really grey on mostly my left side.   Always thought maybe just from the shock of the pain tho.  I have noticed a lot of random bruseing.  Maybe dead legging myself on the coffee table cant be felt at the time threw my head pain, but i do seem to bruse easy in cycle.

just a ramble  Wink      .   have a fabulous day.

WWW rhartdolls  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 4:12pm

Brew !!!!!   Where did you get that picture of me ? !

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

southwalessunshine
CH.com Veteran

caerphilly uk
Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 9:36am

I have been having CH since I was 14, about 20 yrs now, and I went prem grey.  Not all over but right across the front.  Have been dying my hair for way too long.  I get small bruises around my temple but I think it's from pressing during a HA.  I also get a small vein raised under my eye after a bad HA. 
Bruises elsewhere though?  When I'm in a cycle of HA's I get bruises on my upper thighs.  The docs are baffled and cannot think of any reson why I get them.  But they start as an intense itch on the front and sides of my thighs and end up a a black bruise that hurts.  Weird1

keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.&&Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.&&Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.&&Helen keller

IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 10:41am

My hair just turns gray and jumps off. My forehead has been growing faster lately.

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 11:22am

I have a vein in my forhead that pops up when I'm having an attack. I think it's because my blood pressure and pulse are higher. It also happens when I run or if I cry. If the bruise is on your cluster side, I'm sure it's self inflicted. I press so hard I think one day my fingers are going to go through my skull.  Shocked  As far as the grey hair is concerned, I blame my job for those.  Smiley  But, I did start to see greys popping up not too long after the CH started.

Jonny, you would know about old age. According to your profile, you're 101.

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!