Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
how did everyones headace start (Read 9641 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Re: how did everyones headace start
Reply #25 - May 31st, 2008 at 5:43am

My first ch cycle arrived back in fall 2001. I had begun university studies that fall and moved from Finland to UK (London) and at first I thought that the HA was stress-related one; I've had HAs since I was 12, including migraine. The first cycle lasted from from October to December and was a lot milder than the ones which followed. The next one, which begun in the following October, was pure hell. I was diagnosed with ch in January 1, 2003.

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Drew_Va
CH.com Junior

x1|Louisa|USA|usa|470|156|VA,Virginia
Reply #26 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 1:38pm

My headaches started in the Summer of 1982 while I was in the Army. You can imagine how Army Doctors dealt with the situation. I was misdiagnosed until 12 years ago. I have a recurrence every 2 years or so, almost always in the spring.

Endeavor to persevere

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #27 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 9:23am

This might be hard to believe but  I cannot remember how mine stared.  I have had these things since I was a child.  I think that I may have been at school on a very hot day.  I had a terrible headache that my  said was due to the heat.  I was in the second grade.  That was the first one I remember.

After that I started getting them in the spring mostly.  Sometimes I would have them in the fall, not as bad though.  Our family doc gave me Inderal for migraines but that didn't help.  My Mom always told me that I had a very low tolerance for pain.  She got  migraines and didn't behave the way I did when I had one.  I remember her joking with my sisters about how I would act when I had my first child ( low pain tolerance and all).  Once in labor I was kind of like " this isn't so bad!"
I was so thankful when I finally got my CH diagnosis from a neuro.  I'm not a wimp!

I am sorry that you all get these things but I love that you all are here to understand EXACTLY what it is.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!