Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PF for a week now up at 5:00 am (Read 3929 times)
TeeJay
CH.com Newbie

x0|westview|USA||0|0|KY,Kentucky
PF for a week now up at 5:00 am
May 29th, 2008 at 6:20am

I have been Pain Free for about a week now, but have notice been waking up earlier than normal.  now awake and the dull pain on left side of head is back the burning sensation in my neck is there and I am scared to death that the stabbing pain will come back.  trying to relax but this isnt working.  Has anyone went a week between pain?  I am so scared dont think I can go another round of this.

TeeJay

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: PF for a week now up at 5:00 am
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:14am

Ok, TeeJay,

When you wake up - get up immediately. DO NOT LAY THERE in bed. That's a little trick I learned years ago. Get some coffee down (or a Red Bull if you have a shadow - then the coffee). Stay UP!

Before bedtime take some Melatonin (6-15mg) - it should help.

But whatever you do - DO NOT PANIC (your post sounds like you're having an anxiety attack thinking about having a CH hit). If you get uptight about it - suck a little O2 - that should calm you down.

Fact is we cannot control the beast but we can control ourselves. Your sleep pattern may just have changed (it happens). Getting up early is not a bad thing. I've been doing it for years. Gives me my quiet time in the morning.. I've gotten to like it actually.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

edwardbear
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Sofia|Bulgaria||0|0|
Reply #2 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:23am

Hold tight, TeeJay, you can handle it.
I noticed as well that staying in bed wouldn't help.
Sometimes when I have PF times I think I might be bringing the HA myself by being scared of them so much. Currently I've been almost 2 days PF (there was a kip 4 yesterday morning around 9:30 AM for 30 mins), and I'm scared and I think that affects a lot.

Also, as BD said, getting up in 6AM is the most fun for me. Have all the time in the world before work and I can enjoy the coffee, not only swallow it down while in agony.

Also, do what BD said, but also, think if you aren't sleeping wrong? Dull pain and burning sensation in the neck could be a shadow or it could be a stiff neck. Don't jump into a conclusion so fast, but take precautions.

IP Logged

TeeJay
CH.com Newbie

x0|westview|USA||0|0|KY,Kentucky
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:46am

Ok I have been up now for 4 hours and and the beast didnt come thank God!   I guess maybe the burning sensation I feel could be from sleeping wrong.   Glad that I am still pf but still alittle scared that It isnt over yet.  Did anyone have weight loss while in a cluster.  I am losing weight not that Im not happy about that, Just didnt know if that was part of this or am I just losing cause of all the exercise I do while having a headache.  moving helps me so I walk alot more often. wishing all a pf day Tee

TeeJay

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - May 29th, 2008 at 10:17am

Just a guess, but it sounds as if they're winding down for you.  Try not to be too upset about a late-blooming shadow--it's actually an encouraging sign for me. 

When the thing spazzes a little, late in a cycle, and doesn't ramp up to something nasty, I know that the thing's been kicked to the curb once again.  Some folks here have their cycles end abruptly, but mine have always just weenied out and faded away.  Could be you're the same way.

Best wishes,

George 

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2008 at 10:25am

I'm with George, mine kind of fade away, a couple light hits then they're finally gone. As Barbara said, don't let the anxiety over CH kill you. They'll come and go, you can't control that, you CAN control your response. Hoping it's over for you this round.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

KaiB
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Enid|USA||0|0|OK,Oklahoma
Reply #6 - May 29th, 2008 at 1:58pm

TeeJ; I absolutely agree with Barbara...you gotta get up and have coffee.  Just think of the extra productive hour in your day now.

I just went through about two weeks of very light morning hits which died with the first cup o joe.  Of them, only one was bad enough that it was a real pain to make the coffee.

Oddly enough, I am now going thru a period where the light hit comes just at bedtime (oh yeah, on the other side now!).  Enough to get me up and dance around for a bit, then back to bed and sleep like a baby.

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #7 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:50pm

Hey TeeJay, saw from your profile that you are at about that age when you start to get up earlier and earlier. Another 20 years and you'll be like those old men you see in donut shops at 5:30am -- all fresh and reading their 2nd paper, just because they've been up.

My wife thinks I have a whole 2nd life before 8 am when she rolls out of bed. It's very quiet there....... .   Wink

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #8 - May 30th, 2008 at 2:30pm

I like to call it my alarm clock.  When you kind of turn over while half asleep and you get that oh shit feeling.  I jump out of bed to start the day.  Been doing that for years with shadows in and out of cycle.  Laying there won't make it go away.  The may relent you some pain free time but thats him saying HI in the nicest way he knows how

Hope your good trend continues

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #9 - May 30th, 2008 at 2:43pm

Hey Teejay,

My entire cycle this spring was nothing but shadows, eye tearing and twitching and that burning you spoke of.  I was in CONSTANT fear!  It was almost as bad as being hit (almost).  A wise clusterhead told me to "live in between the hits" and "not to let the beast win".  That's what I am trying to do.  I know he will visit and knock me on my a**.  I'll get up though.  So will you! Wink

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!