Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Going to meet w/Lily's teachers in an hour... (Read 4587 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Going to meet w/Lily's teachers in an hour...
May 29th, 2008 at 3:38pm

Why am I having anxiety attacks?  I feel like I'm back in high school.  I do NOT have good memories of that time in my life at all... except for when I skipped out. Undecided

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus

"Too much of a good thing
can be wonderful!!

Houston, TX
Re: Going to meet w/Lily's teachers in an hour...
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2008 at 3:42pm

don't let them intimidate you, you are Lily's Mom and a very strong woman. you can do it  Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterFunny Love!!!!!!!!!
Rosybabe ttps://www.facebook.com/rossybabe?ref=tn_tnmn smurph  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #2 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:03pm

Oh Rosy, this really sucks!  I feel so nervous!

I keep telling myself, why am I acting like I'm the one in trouble?  I so feel like they are going to judge me as a parent and that makes me so mad.  Lily is an awesome kid, she really is!  She just has some issues with memory, focus and attention and is starting to act out.  She gets mad and unfortunately gets caught when she's being naughty.  I wish she had the common sense like her mother! Wink

I love her so much and wish I there was more I could do to help her, but I'm doing all I can right now.  

This sucks!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

aubmari
CH.com Old Timer

Do not lose heart~

Helena, Montana
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:08pm

Hope all goes well.  Wink I here ya though. I think teachers will always be intimidating.

Aub

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love deeply and forgive quickly.&&&&

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #4 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:09pm

And wouldn't you be surprised if the teacher told you what a wonderful girl you had and how much she enjoyed having her this year. She is your daughter, she can't be all that bad. Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:11pm

Be strong , deep breaths , you can do this.   Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:13pm

If you don't feel like you're going to be the one in charge at this meeting, you need to start acting. DO NOT let her teachers be the ones calling the shots. In their big scheme, Lily means next to nothing. But in YOUR big scheme, she's your oldest child. You see what I'm saying? She's everything to you, next to nothing to them. YOU call the shots.

IP Logged

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Warr Acres, Oklahoma
Reply #7 - May 29th, 2008 at 4:38pm

I know how you feel sister!  I hope it goes better than expected, but we're here if you need to cry on a shoulder....you have my info if you want to talk sweetie!   Kiss

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” By Maya Angelou

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #8 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:00pm

When I read your 1st. post I thought the same exact thing that Jimi said.  He just got to it first is all.

Mel, let us all know how it went.  It could just be that this teacher is trying to determine how best to help your daughter and needs your input.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #9 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:25pm

First off, you or the teacher is not in charge. There is nothing worse than starting a conference with a parent that feels it is my child and the teacher will listen to me. You are a TEAM. You both have so much to give. Teachers feel when a parent is there to help the child, not ream the teacher. We(teachers) often end conferences feeling for  the parent. The parent does everything possible, still supports the child and still there is a problem. I can't speak positvely or negatively for every teacher, just suggest to you to go in open minded. I think you will appear to be calm and empathetic. Lily is in middle school. These teachers have crossed so many problems with this age. They KNOW it's not you. You know Lily isn't perfect and I think you will all work together to help get a good plan for Lily. Good luck and please keep in touch!!!

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Reply #10 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:31pm

I hope all goes well for you!!

Hugz,
Carrie Smiley

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #11 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:31pm

You can do it, melly. At Jobo's last conference, I sat myself across from all the teachers and said "OK, how 'bout you tell me what's wrong, and I'll sit here and look guilty?" We all chuckled, and then moved forward as a team.

You're doing all the right things, hon, don't doubt yourself. Even if the answers aren't immediately evident, Lily's lucky to have such a proactive Mom.
Kiss

hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #12 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:12pm

Well, it didn't go that bad afterall!  Of course, only 2 teachers were brave enough to meet with us, and the Principal stopped by to introduce himself, but it wasn't as awful as I was expecting.

Her "star teacher" (groups of kids get a contact person) basically told me all the stuff I already knew and did have positive things to say about her.  In fact, I have a good kid!  She just needs to grow up some and start acting her age (my thoughts).  Also, she has been turning her work in, so I was happy to hear that!

Basically, she's got this temporary condition called teenageramous compounded by a best friend who gives her major giggleitus.Smiley

Now that that is over, I need to take her to black belt graduation rehersal tonight.  Another thing to be anxious about! Grin

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU GUYS!!
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2008 at 7:14pm by Melissa »  

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:15pm

GO MOM!!!!!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #14 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:17pm

Pay attention BUT: Don't let them talk you into something of which you are not sure. My little neice was supposed to have ADD but mom knew better. She's just fine and does well. Teachers can be a little too quick to blame the student.
Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #15 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:23pm

Melissa wrote on May 29th, 2008 at 7:12pm:
Basically, she's got this temporary condition called teenageramous compounded by a best friend who gives her major giggleitus.Smiley

I had the very same thing, and I think I turned out ok.   Cheesy  I think!   Wink

Deeps breaths...deep breaths...

You're a wonderful mother, don't let teachers tell you any different about YOUR children!!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #16 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:37pm

See Mel.  I have found that most of the stuff we worry about never comes to pass. Why don't you two go out one night and have just a mother daughter fun night. Just the two of you.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #17 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:44pm

See Mel....you're doing just fine.  You're a good Mom. Smiley

Much Love,
Jackie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!