Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sears National Kids Cancer Ride..UPDATED.. (Read 831 times)
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Sears National Kids Cancer Ride..UPDATED..
Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:14am

This is a road bicycle ride consisting of 50 riders leaving Vancouver tomorrow, June 02,08 traveling 7600 km's non-stop across Canada to Halifax to help children with cancer.

Greg, our friend and mechanic at the bike shop where we bought our bikes was chosen to go along as one of the mechanics for the riders. He felt very honored to do this.

Here is the link to the National Kids Cancer Ride.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

What a great way to support the kids!! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2008 at 9:54am by barry_sword »  

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Sears National Kids Cancer Ride...
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 12:46pm

Thats a long ass ride.....good luck to those folks!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 4:14pm

That is a long wonderful ride. I hope they enjoy it. And it's for a great cause on top of it. Can't hardly beat that.
Smiley

kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 9:51am

THEY DID IT!! Smiley The riders made the distance! The amount of money raised needs to be updated but so far 1.5 million dollars has been raised and every penny is going to the kids. I did my part as I put in some O/T at work and sent that money to the cause, and that made me feel pretty damn good! Smiley

Here is a pic of Greg (on the right), the mechanic from our local bike shop and a good friend of ours who gave up three weeks of his time to do this. My hat is off to each and everyone involved. Cool

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!