Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
schaan here...... (Read 4780 times)
flea
CH.com Newbie

My Headache Blows your
Migraine Away !

KCMO
schaan here......
Jun 5th, 2008 at 12:10am

tried for months to get my account straigtened out here so i rejoined.

everyone who spent time helping get me on O2...... it worked.  i can fall asleep unafraid that ill have to take meds that keep me up all night.

linda thanks !

pete  thanks !!!

ill be back on occasionally as i find time.

CH has removed 40% of my life.... How bout yours?
flea schaanman schaan 9923395  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Re: schaan here......
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 1:03am

Welcome back Smiley

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 3:30am

Welcome back! Smiley

PF wishes,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 4:03am

So happy the 02 did the trick. Amazing how different you feel knowing you're not helplessly waiting to get hit. Pete and Linda, aint they something? Congrats and welcoms back!!! Wink

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 6:04am

Schaan,

Welcome back and good on you.  Please don't be a stranger. There are still a lot of folks who for one reason or another are not using oxygen therapy.  Success stories like yours do make a difference.  Jump in when you can with the voice of experience in the “How” and “Why” of oxygen therapy when you see a fellow CH’er in need.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

flea
CH.com Newbie

My Headache Blows your
Migraine Away !

KCMO
Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 7:24am

oh  i plan too.  ive got it down now after experimenting with different delivery techniques ive read about.  hypervenilating with the 15+ LPM  is the trick for me.  only takes 3 or 4 minutes usually.  i havent had worse than a 6 since i started O2..........  seem to have alot more shadows  but i think thats cause i can now wait to treat untill im sure its gonna come full blown.

i promise ill get back with all the details soon.  been swamped ( a damn good thing )

still taking ergotomine if i catch it too late in the hit....

but have removed  verapamill/aspirin/tylrnol/ibruprophen.nayprosin .....

one warning.  if you leave you regulator at your friends house and have to use the bottle by itself... WATCH OUT ( you might be farting pure O2 )  that stuff cones out fast without a regulator.........

lol
Cheesy

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 7:48am

Still into that "my pain's bigger than your pain" thing, I see.

IP Logged

flea
CH.com Newbie

My Headache Blows your
Migraine Away !

KCMO
Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 9:38am

not bigger  just way different.

i spent wasted months being told by people with migraines that i had migraines.

i wish it was a migraine.  i could close my eyes...  lay down,  goto a dark room... throw up a little and it would be gone.....

no such luck and thats why CLUSTERHEADACHE.COM rocks.

if you happen to have both, then i can see a point, but  yes cluster headaches are a higher pain level and are more debilitating than any migraine.  im SOOOOOO tired of having to tell people they arent Migraines and that they are NOTHING LIKE MIGRAINES.

thats why there are so many migraine forums....  cause those people have migraines.   duh.

i see you still have a hangup with the fact that i would gleefully jump at the chance to have migraines instead of CH.....

i do consider myself an expert as far as pain perception with the various injuries and damage to my body i have incurred over the years.  im 40 and my neck xrays could be mistaken with and 80 year old stuntman as my neurologist states. Ive stiched myself back together with no anesthesia on numerous occasions. I have NEVER had a migraine and i base my opinions on them from the rigamarole's i went through figuring out i didnt have migraines. yes im a little resentful that people with migraines try lump ch into their condition.

why do i have to explain and differentiate between the two ?...  because ch is a much more rare and mysterious condition than migraines and one has NOTHING to do with the other and the remedies are not inter exchangeable.

so yeah.......  my ch blows your migraine away.

« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:04am by flea »  

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:25am

It is true when one says they have headaches, people start talking migraine.  I don't feel the need to correct people, unless they are medical professionals who are helping me, or my sister, lol.

In between hits, I feel great.  I prefer it if people do not understand what happens during hits.  I've found it interesting the reactions of people who see me get hit, especially at work.  Some take it right in stride and some become prejudiced and think that I am always in that condition - where they wouldn't do so with someone who is diabetic or has a bad back.

Charlotte

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:50am

flea wrote on Jun 5th, 2008 at 9:38am:
if you happen to have both, then i can see a point, but  yes cluster headaches are a higher pain level and are more debilitating than any migraine.  im SOOOOOO tired of having to tell people they arent Migraines and that they are NOTHING LIKE MIGRAINES.

So fuckin' what?

Get over yourself. I don't need your brand of arrogance.

IP Logged

Qazpur
CH.com Junior

Amsterdam
Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 4:34am

because ch is a much more rare and mysterious condition than migraines and one has NOTHING to do with the other and the remedies are not inter exchangeable.

As far as I'm aware Immitrex is a perfectly interchangeable remedy. If it weren't for migraines and the research done there I think we'd be somewhat worse off than we are. That weighs more in my books than people confusing the two with each other once in a while...

may your cycles be short and your pain-free days long...

IP Logged

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus

Bass fishin' is a h00t
 It's the catchin' that
sux

Fishin' TEXAS
Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 10:58am

and the remedies are not inter exchangeable.

Not all the remedies are interchangeable, but the meds are.   Most all Rx drugs taken by CH sufferer's were originally devised/manufactured for Migraines.

Jean

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.&&&&Take a kid fishin&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register;I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!    Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

flea
CH.com Newbie

My Headache Blows your
Migraine Away !

KCMO
Reply #12 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 5:22pm

Qazpur wrote on Jun 6th, 2008 at 4:34am:
because ch is a much more rare and mysterious condition than migraines and one has NOTHING to do with the other and the remedies are not inter exchangeable.

As far as I'm aware Immitrex is a perfectly interchangeable remedy. If it weren't for migraines and the research done there I think we'd be somewhat worse off than we are. That weighs more in my books than people confusing the two with each other once in a while...

i agree if it wasnt for migraines we wouldnt have the baseline research facilities and organizations that now also research CH.

i have yet to try imitrex ,  i do have 2 doses in my fridge that i save for an emergency. i hope never to have use it now that ive found the attack busting O2.

i think i did rush to state that remedies werent the same as im sure some are.

mostly im stating that its a real PIA when my right eye is on fire and snots running down my face and im 1/2 step from ripping the persons head off when they ask me if i have a migraine.  thanks to O2, this does not happen anymore.

not that im of a violent nature, it just feels that way Wink

and ill get over myself when im dead. !!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 6:18pm

Wow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!