Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster methods and help (Read 1850 times)
no, an asprin wont help...
CH.com Newbie

wow...that hurts

San Diego
Cluster methods and help
Jun 5th, 2008 at 7:05pm

Hi all,

I've been doing the cluster thing now for 20 years now...........oh it seems like yesterday that I almost jumped out of a window for the first time...haha  Grin
I come here each cycle (in the middle of one now) just to see if anything new has been posted et cetera. I just want you people to know that it's incredibly helpful for me to know that you guys get, and are here...as always...I just went through a divorce, so I'm going through a whole new set of friends (on her side)Smiley That have no idea what's going on, and think I'm heaving a 'headache'. When I NEED leave the a movie, a dinner you get the point. ANYWAY......

Just a few questions for you guys:
-Verapamil...tied this and it didnt work...I weight 200 male, what do you guys take. Anyone?

-Just read about REDBULL and Rockstar. I've done the ice coffee thing, but it wasn't working. I hope the 1000 mil of tuareen (spelling?) will help. I was thinking to stay OFF caffeine, but after reading so many success stories, I'll try it again.

-Ice shower? I was doing hot showers...ooooppppss. Keep the blood pressure down? Lower body temp? Is this why? Thoughts?

-Imitrex...Took THREE injections (only supposed to take two) in one day and it gave me a massive heart attack and barley made it to the hospital. you read that right...I'm 38...watch that stuff. In now have a heart condition and had my send 2 years ago....No more tripans for me.

You guys are amazing...I feel for you.......

Brian OUCH Botts

WWW no, an asprin wont help...  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Cluster methods and help
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:01pm

Welcome back, sorry the beast hasn't lost your address. Your first line abortive should be oxygen. Read the link on the left, the key points are pure oxygen, at a high flow rate, at least 15 LPM, using a non re breather mask. Re Breathers, nasal canulas, all worthless. I can abort an attack, be completely pain free, in as little as 6 minutes using just oxygen.

Since verapamil didn't work you should ask your doc about lithium. I'm 48, male, weigh 190, no history of any heart issues. I take 1200 mg of lithium a day while on cycle, blocks 80-90% of my attacks. Has been a very effective preventative medication, certainly worth speaking to your doc about.

Way back when I tried eliminating caffeine as a way to not get head aches...didn't work! The taurine in those energy drinks, combined with the caffeine, is what seems to make them so effective.

As far as heat vs. cold, it's an individual thing, some like it hot, some like it cold!

Push for the oxygen, it's a miracle weapon, sorry you're back, wishing you a short cycle.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:58pm

Guiseppi wrote on Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:01pm:
Since verapamil didn't work you should ask your doc about lithium. I'm 48, male, weigh 190, no history of any heart issues. I take 1200 mg of lithium a day while on cycle, blocks 80-90% of my attacks. Has been a very effective preventative medication, certainly worth speaking to your doc about.

Great info, Joe.....seeing that we are different i'll add this.

Verapamil did nothing for me, so I stopped it and started taking Lithium which did nothing.

My doc put me on what he called "The chronics cocktail".....Lithium and Verapamil. It stopped like Joe said 80-90% of the HA's breaking through.

Good luck!

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:18pm

Check your PMs.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!