Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster cycle coming to an end???? (Read 1957 times)
Conradk1
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Minot, ND USA
Cluster cycle coming to an end????
Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:00pm

Hi, Conrad here.  Been an episodic CH guy since 1994...with 3 year remissions in between fortunately...it's like clockwork.  This particular cycle began about 3 May.  General question here for anyone...how can you tell when your cycle is coming to an end?  Anyone have any particular signs that kind of let you know they are tapering and going away?  Please let me know.  I take 80mg verapamil three times a day, zomig zmt's (5mg dissolvable) and oxygen prescription - oxygen is a miracle drug in a bottle!  Please let me know what you guys go through, I would appreciate it...God Bless you.   Wink

Conrad Koerner

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Cluster cycle coming to an end????
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:18pm

'Evening, Conrad, and welcome.

Like you, I'm an episodic.  In my particular case, cycles last between 6-8 weeks.  They taper up rapidly in the first week or two, maintain a peak of intensity and frequency for a couple of weeks, then diminish slowly.  I'm generally correct that a cycle has ended if I go a week without a hit or a shadow.

Others here have their cycles end more abruptly, with one or more severe attacks--then nothing.  There seems to be no general rule about it.

It sounds as if you're on the right track as far as the medications you're taking--you must have a very good doctor.

All I can really say is that they will eventually end--but you know that already.  Stay strong, keep your powder dry, and expect the best.  It'll eventually happen.  Most likely you'll wake up one day and realize that you've been painfree for a good amount of time.  Don't know about you, but I can always tell when the beast has truly left the building.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!